Fans who are happy with a narrow defeat against old firm

Squirrelhumper

11 hours ago, TLC said:

We endured years under JJ where any game against them was a write off before a ball was kicked.

We got some results under Calderwood and then Mixu but it was Shiels who really started to establish a sense we should fear no one. 

It was Shiels who began to instill that belief, yet despite delivering a trophy he remains maligned by a large percentage of the support. Hard to comprehend really. 

Edited by funky monkey

4 hours ago, funky monkey said:

It was Shiels who began to instill that belief, yet despite delivering a trophy he remains maligned by a large percentage of the support. Hard to comprehend really. 

Sadly too many of our supporters believe whatever the Daily Record and Sportsound tell them.

SSC biggest lasting effect on Killie was giving us the belief we can beat anyone, both players on the park and fans in the stand now have it instilled in them (for the most part). I remember when I was younger it was almost accepted that we were s**t and couldn't compete, this is much better I actually look forward to us playing against the OF and frustrating them long may it continue 

17 hours ago, killie billies pal said:

The worst case I ever encountered of this was on a “supporters” bus ran from the ground for The League Cup Final. Got on coach after a few refreshments and the woman in front of me said, “let’s just hope they don’t embarrass us” , “ get home with no worse than 0-3 and we can have a decent day” , I honestly was speechless ( not often I know) , I say and shook my head until we got to Glasgow , the return journey I gave it laldy

To be honest, I left the house that day with the fear. It turned out to be probably my favourite match ever. 

17 hours ago, NFL12 said:

I’ve often wondered that when the twisted sisters struggle against what you’d  say is lesser opposition in Europe its because that opposition are obviously less familiar, and have less fear of them. Not saying this is definitely the case with us now, but the fact  we have an English manager and before that a manager who had played more in England than Scotland might help against the OF? Remains to be seen if that’s the case though. Hopefully is though....

This is something I’ve said for years. Teams with no better resources than other Scottish teams would come here and school them. Aberdeen, Hibs and Hearts should be ashamed they can’t compete better with them. 

16 hours ago, killie1961 said:

I agree utter madness to miss Killie in a cup final

A couple of years ago, we were confident of going all the way, I was planned to be in the US for cup final weekend ... I had already got it worked out to fly back on the Friday night .... go to the game and be back at work by Sunday 2pm.

Then the Sheepshaggers (and ref) cheated us..

I reckon the empty stadiums for away games this season could and should also act as more of a catalyst for teams to have a real go at the sisters. Without the bigoted hordes from both sides in town, it evens things up, and puts less pressure on the ref to automatically give them the big decisions every time.

Dyer has clearly followed the Clarke mindset of not fearing them. Two brilliant performances in a row now, beating Rangers 2-1 in Feb and yesterday, shows that we continue to believe in ourselves as a group of players, and also demonstrates that when you get the tactics right- stopping Celtic working the ball wide, then you can make them look ordinary.

22 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We sold 11500 for that game.

By far and away the best atmosphere (from word go) out of any of the 4 finals I've attended. Fans were bang up for it and being devoid of day triippers on the whole was a blessing. 

The so called fans who didn't bother to go that day were the losers because those of us who did will have that wonderful memory with us forever and the atmosphere when DVT  scored was second to none as were the scenes at the end of the game and as I've said before watching Kenny  Shiels handling the interviews at the tragic end of the game was pure class and a mark of the man I'd also agree probably one of my favourite games supporting our great club!

On 8/9/2020 at 9:35 PM, Squirrelhumper said:

We sold 11500 for that game.

By far and away the best atmosphere (from word go) out of any of the 4 finals I've attended. Fans were bang up for it and being devoid of day triippers on the whole was a blessing. 

My now 17 year old son’s “best day on earth” as he puts it! I hope he has many more similar occasions to enjoy!!