Line up face Ross county

Craigieboy

1 hour ago, Galdunc11 said:

Because he’s almost 37 and played all but 3 minutes in the first two games? 

Personally I would start him against a former side and sub him if/ when he starts to tire.

He’s almost 37 and probably one of the fittest and most talented players at the club , spare me all this crap about resting players after 2 games.

10 minutes ago, BigRonFaeTheQueenVic said:

I hope Waters doesn't read this forum. He's finally fought his way into the team, had a good game v Celtic but most people want him straight back out. 

I honestly don’t think there’s too much in the fact that people want to see the likes of Haunstrup and McGowan play. Both have come in with good reputations and sought after by other clubs. Fans want to see new signings play. 

13 minutes ago, BigRonFaeTheQueenVic said:

I hope Waters doesn't read this forum. He's finally fought his way into the team, had a good game v Celtic but most people want him straight back out. 

I don't think it's any harm on Waters, but if Haunstrup is better then it would be good to have him in there sooner rather than later. 

Explaining it as a bit of midweek game squad rotation could be a canny bit of management to get a look at him. 

18 minutes ago, piffer said:

I honestly don’t think there’s too much in the fact that people want to see the likes of Haunstrup and McGowan play. Both have come in with good reputations and sought after by other clubs. Fans want to see new signings play. 

Important in all teams is the principal of fairness. You play and keep Forrest and all quiet then you start the next game. The natural order will establish over time. Whatever that is. No preferential treatment. I’d like to see the new players but If that takes until the bet Fred cause we getting results with current line up then great.

10 hours ago, Stuart said:

Why would anyone think it’s a good idea to rest Burke a few games into the season, one of the only potential match winners in the side.

So he is fit for the next game. Don't burn him out. Two games in 4 days when your 36 is not the same as when your 26. Might be three games in a week if he plays wed/sat.

For me id be tempted to rest Burke too, but only if pinnock is fit to give an alternative.

Were solid enough but need more creativity or at least something to get through or behind teams with. 

But I'd also not make wholesale changes, a few for squad rotation makes sense, anything else is a big risk.

17 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Pinnock OR Brophy for Burke who ran himself into the ground  and Haunstrup for Rory and then Kiltie replacing waters and haunstrup slotting into LB.

Burke did look knackered when replaced, probably best to take care of him as a bad injury could be the end of his playing days. 

1 hour ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Burke did look knackered when replaced, probably best to take care of him as a bad injury could be the end of his playing days. 

My thoughts exactly  yes he is in superb shape,  but he is 36 and we need to manage him to make sure he can play as long as possible.  Would be nice for him to go on as long as and be as effective as Giggs.

Plus giving Kabamba some support after his efforts on Sunday is also sensible.

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 10:51 PM, piffer said:

From what I've heard, both weren't fit enough and that's led to Waters/Millen getting their chance (and taking it)

Both positions are Millens/Waters to lose IMO and up to the other two to take their chance if/when they get one just like Millen/Waters have.

13 minutes ago, killiehammers said:

It's due to miss dingwall. Or if it does hit it shouldn't be anything like we had last night 

Just sat through 2 hours of it here in inverurie.  Go onto Facebook and find FUBAR news, look at the images and videos of Aberdeen, or Scotlands answer to Venice as it was this morning!

33 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

From what I've heard, both weren't fit enough and that's led to Waters/Millen getting their chance (and taking it)

Both positions are Millens/Waters to lose IMO and up to the other two to take their chance if/when they get one just like Millen/Waters have.

Competition for places is such a brilliant thing after basically having one starting eleven last year. Sounds like strong management in not favouring the new signings too. Promising 

On 8/11/2020 at 9:54 AM, Beaker71 said:

For me id be tempted to rest Burke too, but only if pinnock is fit to give an alternative.

Were solid enough but need more creativity or at least something to get through or behind teams with. 

But I'd also not make wholesale changes, a few for squad rotation makes sense, anything else is a big risk.

We need a victory. Burkie plays!

5 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

here's a link to part of Aberdeen this morning.  There's also been a landslide near Stonehaven and a train crash in which there has been one fatality already.  Sun is now splitting the skies... who says there's no climate change!

https://www.facebook.com/100000076764573/posts/3567186579960532/

Hopefully folks can get into this link 

Why is this relevant to this thread?

34 minutes ago, KillkieBoab said:

Why is this relevant to this thread?

Someone asked if the game was off due to the storm heading east.  Thought I'd show you what it is like up here.  Its been mental all morning, folks getting evacuated and all sorts. 

So if this has passed or was headed to dingwall it would not be safe for folks travelling  such as the team.

4 hours ago, mitch14 said:

Competition for places is such a brilliant thing after basically having one starting eleven last year. Sounds like strong management in not favouring the new signings too. Promising 

That's why i think it is better not to drop anyone playing well unless there is a clear tactical reason. The team last year picked itself and anyone coming in knew they would be right back out irrespective of how well they played. Having competition for places improves performances.

-----------------------Rogers------------------------

--Millen--------Broadfoot-----Findlay-------Waters

--Burke------------Power----Dicker--------Pinnock---

--------------------------Tish-----------------------------

------------------------Kabamba-------------------------

Would certainly start Burke for creativity, and likewise Pinnock, to see what he can do on the left. Keep it compact in the middle again.

If need be, 2nd half, Brophy coming on for one of the 3 central midfielders.