killiehippo

New signing??

It is the way football has gone especially in Scotland, long gone are the days players would stay for 5+ years.

I have no problem with loan signings, we need to be realistic and if it gets us hovering around mid table come January we will be in a better position to convince them to stay or bring in others, just dont get any names on the back of your top!

I would rather  a manager who has taken a flyer on a young right back thinks their not ready and brings someone else in rather than persist with the other. Who knows a loan for young Cobain and he may come back and be our right back for a few years.

All positive from me, exciting times ahead!

9 hours ago, ross1987 said:

I've completely lost track of who actually plays for us anymore 

There was an old guy in front of me at Hamilton who literally had all the squad names and numbers written out on a piece of paper!

57 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

There was an old guy in front of me at Hamilton who literally had all the squad names and numbers written out on a piece of paper!

They were printed!

23 hours ago, ki11ie said:

hahaha Foster has signed for St Johnstone

Got skinned by Tierney for the first goal. Hasn't had the most impressive of debuts. First time I have seen Celtic this season and it looks like they will stroll the league. 

To put the errors on signing in superior right backs into perspective. If we assume that they players are on minimum £500/ week = £25k / year

this is the full retail profit from selling 2500 replica football shirts x 2 = 5000 replica shirts.

its good that LC can admit mistakes - but these are quite expensive mistakes.  Possibly diminishing the possibility of hotel stays when travelling to Dingwall, Aberdeen or Inverness.

I want  to like LC but so far he seems to be dis respecting the SPFL 

Just seen Chris Burke come out of RP in training gear on his phone going into the Park Hotel. Also just as someone that looked very like the Tom English of the bbc arriving.

Edited by cammy_boy

Maybe more journalists arriving. Pretty sure I seen John Barnes.

Ill look like a complete tager if ive just done a 2+2=5.

Edited by cammy_boy

3 hours ago, david mcbeth said:

I hope you booted him in the 'nads just in case it was him?

What's wrong with Tom English?

Always found him one of the more palatable journos.

Most of the time Tom English talks sense which is more than can be said for the vast majority of Old Filth bum-lickers that masquerade as journalists in Scotland.

Tom English generaly comes across well. Not afraid to challenge the norms. Dont always agree with him but he makes his points well and from an informed viewpoint. The tims are jumping all over him for condeming the flag protest they had (even though his only gripe was that it shouldnt have been done at a football ground and not the basis of it).

On 19/08/2016 at 11:35 PM, ross1987 said:

I've completely lost track of who actually plays for us anymore 

Showing my age - but Hamilton Accies 1986/87 is closest reference point I can think of for a top flight team seemingly going through so many players. 

Hopefully we'll have a better season than they had then, give or take their cup win against Oldco. 

Link below is a good reminder for those who were around then, with quite a few names familiar to Killie fans of that era.

https://books.google.co.uk/books?id=DNonwwtVqvwC&pg=PA27&lpg=PA27&dq=hamilton+academical+1986+players&source=bl&ots=d7cQoV-LL9&sig=eZTTua_3aa-NDN63KG64wgVg2y0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiBg_HF_NnOAhXrD8AKHfmPCMgQ6AEINTAJ#v=onepage&q=hamilton academical 1986 players&f=false

The wages of four right backs who may or may not be good enough would cumulatively allowed us to be competitive for players like Tom Hately. 

20 hours ago, azertyuiop said:

What's wrong with Tom English?

Always found him one of the more palatable journos.

agreed, in fact he was the one that called out MJ being the root cause of all things negative, dark and gloomy at RP after Locke quit/was axed, stating for any major change to happen - MJ leaving would need to be the catalyst.  Rather listen to Tom Brown than half the OF sychophants that call themselves journalists.