Colin Doyle

Pride_of_ayrshire

It’s not possible to cover every eventuality. Bachman was almost there. Eastwood was there. Rodgers was lined up as backup. It’s an unfortunate turn of events. The mistake but Rogers on Sunday maybe accelerated things but this is a short term move. Still hopes of Bachman by end year. If we had given up on Bachman we maybe have gone for a stronger number 1. Give the guy a chance.

On the face of it he doesn’t appear to be the standard we should be looking for. Hearts keepers last year weren’t great so if he was third choice that’s not a great endorsement. 
We need to be looking for someone to be number one for the season with Rogers as back up. 
What about Michael McGovern at Norwich? I don’t think he has ever really been first choice for them. And I’m not sure Hladky from St Mirren has signed for anyone yet. 

1 hour ago, Twonky65 said:

Bonkers fans are writing him off before he has even signed.

I'd love to say I'm surprised but then again, this is a fans forum filled with zoomers.

Next somebody will say Kabamba is rubbish, Broadfoot is done, Dicker is a waste of a jersey or that Millen isn't SPFL standard.

Opinions on message boards, bonkers eh. This guy is s**t, youtube him, we are allowed to not want him. 3rd choice at that Hearts team gives you an idea. 

Watched Colin Doyle week in week out at Bradford a few years back. Wouldn't judge him on his time at Hearts! A very solid keeper on his day and played a pivotal role in City reaching the playoff finals in the 2016/17 season. Would be good back up until Eastwood is fit.

But what would I know? The usual suspects have written him off before he has signed :31:

Playing wait about til January is daft to me, get your number one let them develop an understanding with the back line. All those still calling for Bachmann and for us to wait and see if he's available, good keeper aye but how much good can he do if we're low on confidence around the bottom ( I don't think we will be but hypothetically) I'd see more value in trying to develop someone we've got already/ signing a permanent number 1.