Colin Doyle

Pride_of_ayrshire

A Hearts fan I work with actually says he’s a decent goalkeeper but got a bit of criticism due to the howler he made for Hearts and hasn’t really recovered from it. He was also apparently injured a bit last season so wasn’t in contention much.

Im guessing as we’re bringing him in that Eastwood is sticking about because if he was heading back to Sheff Utd I would have thought we’d be looking for more of a No1 as a replacement 

6 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

My lasting memory of him is his blatant time wasting against us in a Friday night game in Jan/Feb 19. We got beat 2-1 and watching Hearts that night was like watching Hamilton at their worst.

Totally s**thoused their way to victory.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that when needs must.  Called game management. 

Really struggling to get on board with this at all. Disappointing after a run of positive signings.

Third choice keeper from the worst team in the league last season, behind keepers who are also horrendous, and is a keeper with a history of big blunders.

Its an Osman Sow. 

Fingers crossed he was just let down by how horrendous everything was at Hearts and there's a decent keeper there. 

33 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

My lasting memory of him is his blatant time wasting against us in a Friday night game in Jan/Feb 19. We got beat 2-1 and watching Hearts that night was like watching Hamilton at their worst.

Totally s**thoused their way to victory.

Were you watching Rogers on Sunday? It was embarrassing.

Hard to see how this one will go, seems to have had a very up and down career. When he was younger he seems to have got a crack at no 1 at Birmingham and lost his place when they brought in Joe Hart,

Had a look on the Bradford forum - Bradford fans seemed to like him, they weren't too happy to see him leave for Hearts and tried to get him back last season.

The mistakes video seems pretty harsh to me. The Oyston out bit at the end was the part that made me realise he was part of that catastrophe of a Blackpool side that got relegated so between Blackpool and Hearts he's made a handful of costly mistakes in two absolutely shambolic sides.

27 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

One of the best keepers we have ever signed came in dubbed an absolute diddy for high profile gaffs, but Gordon Marshall turned out to be fantastic for us.

How many big errors did Lekovic make?  What about Combe bouncing the ball off the Aberdeen player into the net? Both of then turned out to be not too bad in the long run.

Give the guy a chance furfuxache.

I’d just like to add - Dunfermline fans cannot believe Ross Millen plays for us as they think he is awful. There were Hartlepool that didn’t rate Kabamba. 

Bradford fans, and Birmingham fans especially, seem to hold Doyle in high regard. 

It’s not the wisest idea to believe everything negative that fans of ex clubs say. Judge him based on what he does for us.