Colin Doyle

Pride_of_ayrshire

4 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

I’d just like to add - Dunfermline fans cannot believe Ross Millen plays for us as they think he is awful. There were Hartlepool that didn’t rate Kabamba. 

Bradford fans, and Birmingham fans especially, seem to hold Doyle in high regard. 

It’s not the wisest idea to believe everything negative that fans of ex clubs say. Judge him based on what he does for us. 

Good post Killieboy, our fans greet and moan when we don't sign anyone the when we sign players they greet and moan. Give the guy chance ffs, he is a professional goalkeeper and hopefully does us a turn when required.

27 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

I’d just like to add - Dunfermline fans cannot believe Ross Millen plays for us as they think he is awful. There were Hartlepool that didn’t rate Kabamba. 

Bradford fans, and Birmingham fans especially, seem to hold Doyle in high regard. 

It’s not the wisest idea to believe everything negative that fans of ex clubs say. Judge him based on what he does for us. 

This 

has also been the cases in the past where a player appears on trial or even then signs , where his stats and put together video clips look great......then we find out he isn’t really all that good , or suitable 

43 minutes ago, Scouser2 said:

This 

has also been the cases in the past where a player appears on trial or even then signs , where his stats and put together video clips look great......then we find out he isn’t really all that good , or suitable 

Exactly. The experts on here were trying to make out Floriano Vanzo was the next Eremenko when he was on trial under Alessio based on some daft highlights package! 

It’s only fair to judge based on what he does for us. If he turns out to be rubbish then fair enough but absolutely slaughtering him before he even gets in the door is out of order. 

Edited by Killieboykfc

41 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Exactly. The experts on here were trying to make out Floriano Vanzo was the next Eremenko when he was on trial under Alessio based on some daft highlights package! 

It’s only fair to judge based on what he does for us. If he turns out to be rubbish then fair enough but absolutely slaughtering him before he even gets in the door is out of order. 

Sherlock Holmes couldn't work out where this thread is going. 

8 minutes ago, historyman said:

Marshall. Lekovic, Combe, Geddes - yes, they made mistakes as all players do.

But they all came to us as first choice goalkeepers. We now have two third choice goalkeepers at their previous clubs battling it out to be number one for perhaps the next 12 weeks as a minimum. 

Bachmann was a third choice keeper. As was Woodman, at least.

Surely, when you look to loan a player, you look to loan from a higher level? Generally, even in times where the club has been in the doldrums, we've nearly always had a good goalkeeper. It's such an important position within the team. I'm perplexed about our goalkeeper signing policy, suppose it was all about Bachmann. As it is, no idea which of our keepers can claim to be No 1, all seem to be of a similar standard. 

3 minutes ago, historyman said:

I don’t think there is a keeper in the SPFL that would get anywhere near a starting place in the EPL. 

Deviating a little but it's strange to think now that Schmeichel and Krul were both at Falkirk at different times. 

Schmeichel played in the League Cup semi-final at Fir Park, didn't he?

4 minutes ago, skygod said:

Deviating a little but it's strange to think now that Schmeichel and Krul were both at Falkirk at different times. 

Yep and Naisy put him to the sword.  Never thought Krul was up to much  actually.

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

He did. Looked to be to blame for one of the goals where he got a hand to get but couldn’t keep it out. 
Looked very small at the time, not sure what age he was, but never thought he would have played in the English Premiership never mind win it. 

Krul also went on to have a good career in the EPL. I remember him getting involved in a rammy in the net when we scored against Falkirk at RP and a Killie player went to retrieve the ball. 

Edited by historyman

On 8/12/2020 at 4:05 PM, historyman said:

Yes, third choice at EPL clubs - not Aberdeen and Hearts. I would say there is a world of difference.
I don’t think there is a keeper in the SPFL that would get anywhere near a starting place in the EPL. 

I don't know Andy Lonergan has just won an EPL winners medal with Liverpool having been signed from Rochdale where he could not get a game . There was the Motherwell guy that for a while became first choice at West Ham. 

On 8/13/2020 at 10:36 AM, FanWithaTypewritter said:

New manager just about to be appointed at Watford. Wonder if that will change the Bachmann situation or clarify if he might be available in January if needed .

The problem is we can not afford Bachman, our only chance is that he remains third or fourth choice at Watford

They do not get an offer for him and they think it is good business for him to play for us and hopefully they will get at least a £2m bid for him.

If Gomes and Foster go Bachman n becomes first or second choice and would probably do quite well in the championship.

On 8/11/2020 at 9:01 PM, stewarty66 said:

My lasting memory of him is his blatant time wasting against us in a Friday night game in Jan/Feb 19. We got beat 2-1 and watching Hearts that night was like watching Hamilton at their worst.

Totally s**thoused their way to victory.

That was torture that night.

3 hours ago, Kfcinlancashire said:

I don't know Andy Lonergan has just won an EPL winners medal with Liverpool having been signed from Rochdale where he could not get a game . There was the Motherwell guy that for a while became first choice at West Ham. 

Does he get a medal if he didn’t play a single game? I don’t think so  

im not talking about the past where keepers like Goram, Boruc , Gordon and McGregor were good enough to play at that level. At the moment I don’t think there is keeper in the SPL who would even make the bench in the EPL. None of them is better than average.