Alan power

iainmaccoll

Dont know what the rest of the fans think but for me AP is the greatest player wee have had since durrant maybe eremenko??,  irish warrior the way he makes a tackle and comes out with ball and is just so calm makes me get off my seat screaming with pride, 1st name on the teamsheet, just wish he would score more often so that he could do his mcgregor walk live on sky after wee just beat the filth KTID

More comparable with Mark Reilly than the flair and ability of Eremenko and Durrant. 

An absolutely solid midfielder that can stop anyone playing on his day (whereas Eremenko and Durrant were the ones to be stopped) and delighted he plays for us. 

Do agree though - first name on my teamsheet every week, him and Burke.

Edited by jesper

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

You forgot Tish.

Think tshbola still has a lot to do before he can be considered with them. started well but we’ve seen his inconsistencies before. 

Power is excellent. His range of passing never gets mentioned, but he plays a 60yrd diagonal as good as anyone. 
Dickers come in for a bit of stock recently, but his performance on Sunday showed exactly why he plays every week. Breaks up play, wis second balls, very rarely shells the ball and the majority of the time keeps possetion. 

1 hour ago, Bobby14 said:

Think tshbola still has a lot to do before he can be considered with them. started well but we’ve seen his inconsistencies before. 

Power is excellent. His range of passing never gets mentioned, but he plays a 60yrd diagonal as good as anyone. 
Dickers come in for a bit of stock recently, but his performance on Sunday showed exactly why he plays every week. Breaks up play, wis second balls, very rarely shells the ball and the majority of the time keeps possetion. 

Thought it was between Kabamba and Dicker for man of the match on Sunday 

9 minutes ago, gjkillie007 said:

I think Eric Skora, Mehdi Taouil and Naismith are ahead of Power. Also Scotland's greatest ever goalscorer deserves a mention as well.

But like the sentiment

Absolutely no way are Skora or Taouil ahead of Power. Skill and flair, aye but in what they give to a team they couldn't lace APs boots

2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Fk me the bevvy mustve been getting a fair tanking the day.

As good as Power is  he simply doesn't get in the midfield select of even the past 10 years.

Liam Kelly, Craig Bryson and Losa are all in there well before him,  as is Mehdi Touill.  Thats even before we speak about Boydie ffs.

Aye think you've been on it

3 minutes ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

We all seem to be comparing attacking midfielders such as Eremenko, Durrant and Taouil.

Power's a box to box or holding midfielder and for me he's made that his own. I have seen very little players that come close to his ability in that position.

Mavis was a better player.

48 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Power excellent. Maybe pound for pound the best midfielder we have signed in a generation. But will always suffer in comparison the the creative players. Top man though.

Creative players need someone scrapping to win the ball and get them going. For me Power is the best we've had at doing that for a long, long time and consistently among the top 3 in the league since the thistle game in 2017. No little skill as well - his control is pretty good. And the heart of a lion. Stick him in with Bryson behind Durrant and Eremenko in a fantasy midfield and we'd be challenging for the title. 

Just need to work out how to get Ally Mitchell in there!

Who'd a thunk it on his debut?

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Killie said:

Creative players need someone scrapping to win the ball and get them going. For me Power is the best we've had at doing that for a long, long time and consistently among the top 3 in the league since the thistle game in 2017. No little skill as well - his control is pretty good. And the heart of a lion. Stick him in with Bryson behind Durrant and Eremenko in a fantasy midfield and we'd be challenging for the title. 

Just need to work out how to get Ally Mitchell in there!

Who'd a thunk it on his debut?

You are preaching to converted. Brings a huge amount. Major miss when gone.  Think we would all have seen the back of him after Somerset. Like some of the forgettable signings under l Clark. Yes, great foil for a creative partner. A core part of the Steve clarke machine. Moving into legend bracket.

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

Mavis was a better player.

Total nonesense. 

Loved mavis, but Alan Power is a better player 

Our player of the year in our most successful season in 50 plus years

For the job he is paid to do, I'd say he's the best the last 20 odd years at least

Edited by seedsy

6 minutes ago, seedsy said:

Total nonesense. 

Loved mavis, but Alan Power is a better player 

Our player of the year in our most successful season in 50 plus years

For the job he is paid to do, I'd say he's the best the last 20 odd years at least

I personally agree on power. More dynamic as the destroyer. But mahood  had a bit of dig and much more playmaker. Gary holt had lots if dig and breakup but maybe better at carrying the ball than power. Mavis was tidy but falls short in this company. Fowler very dynamic. Comes down to balance within midfield. If I was an eremenko or Durrant (or Skora) I would love to have the power beside me. I think he should start for every team playing 3 in central midfield in Scotland. But like every unit, he’s better with His sidekick; Garry, D.

8 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I personally agree on power. More dynamic as the destroyer. But mahood  had a bit of dig and much more playmaker. Gary holt had lots if dig and breakup but maybe better at carrying the ball than power. Mavis was tidy but falls short in this company. Fowler very dynamic. Comes down to balance within midfield. If I was an eremenko or Durrant (or Skora) I would love to have the power beside me. I think he should start for every team playing 3 in central midfield in Scotland. But like every unit, he’s better with His sidekick; Garry, D.

Consistency as well with power. Rarely has a bad game. Apart from his debut. Never a howler. He should score more goals