Season could be paused

kfc_superteam

As usual the SPL and SFA do absolutely nothing... last week a total breach by Aberdeen...just say sorry and it will be fine.

They should have handed out multi game bans immediately.. the clubs and players all know the rules... but chose to ignore them

By doing nothing ... they have sanctioned such acts.

If it was Killie, I'd want the players fined 2 weeks wages and expect a 3 or 4 game suspension

I had to do 2 weeks quarantine...so I expect others to do the same.

If football gets closed down by these idiots then the bans better reflect the hardship others in football will go through.

Lennon said after the game that Jullien was rusty and always starts the season slowly, then why the fook did he give his entire squad 4 days off in the first week of the season. If on the other hand Bolingoli was the only off, Celtic should be hammered for this. Whole thing seems very odd.

11 minutes ago, Andy said:

How about they tell football f**k off til August 2021 ?????

There won't be football to come back to if it's that long. Other teams/leagues are operating well it's just our idiots that seem to have the problem. Teams and players need to be punished if they flaunt the guidelines. 

21 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

There won't be football to come back to if it's that long. Other teams/leagues are operating well it's just our idiots that seem to have the problem. Teams and players need to be punished if they flaunt the guidelines. 

Agree with second half of that comment.

But deffo has to be action taken here.

1 hour ago, Monty1998 said:

Cover up begins.

Sky Sports News

reporting that ceptic unaware he was in Spain until after the game finished. Convenient that?

I genuinely think that will be the case. Wee Lennon would go off his chomp if he knew and at the very least he would never have been in the squad. I reckon he's kicked his last ball for Celtic.

Can you imagine what it would be like when the lower divisions where most players are part-time restart? 

There’s probably carers, taxi drivers, teachers and other key workers. 

Are these clubs going to be able to afford testing?

I can’t see it being practical. 

This is another example of the complete arrogance of many Scottish football players. Think they are above everyone else. 

Added to the shambles over relegation it also highlights the total joke which is the SFA and SPFL. 

I feel sorry for the clubs in the Championship, League 1 and 2, Highland and Lowland league who must be very worried about delay to season and return to fans in stadiums. Fans of these clubs have raised thousands of pounds to help their teams survive and the wider community in their area. 

Grassroots football just coming back might also be delayed by the ripple effect caused by the mind numbing selfishness that is Scottish football.  

Edited by Steppskillie

7 hours ago, Monty1998 said:

Cover up begins.

Sky Sports News

reporting that ceptic unaware he was in Spain until after the game finished. Convenient that?

Lennon giving his team 4 days off after 1 game is a strange call - and apparently this is when he went to Spain. 

As mus as i love a dig at Celtic, can help but think theyll be seething at this. Its significantly worse than the Aberdeen case IMO and shines a real embarrassing light on the league, and specifically Celtic. Would be surprised if he wasnt chopped for gross misconduct. 

I am absolutely livid at this. First Sevco get away with fielding untested players against Dundee Utd, then Aberdeen players think it's ok to go to the pub, and now Celtic allow their players 4 days holiday to swan of to Spain and back.  The very 3 clubs that think they make the rules.  Let them each have to pay for all the revenues that could be lost to all other clubs due to their arrogance and incompetence.  Only the Government will act here certainly not the SPFA who repeatedly turn a blind eye.  Scottish football is a joke to any one looking in at us.  

7 hours ago, Monty1998 said:

Cover up begins.

Sky Sports News

Surely, like any other job, Bolingoli would have needed to ask for time off to go on holiday.

I’m not buying this “we were not aware” dross for a minute.

8 hours ago, skygod said:

Why? If the others are worthy of punishment wouldn't our players be too?

Or is our not being sanctioned more important than stopping the spread of the virus?

The level in which we openly chastise others would typically be a function on how secure we are in that same aspect. It’s embarrassing - at the very least - if a vocal party subsequently is guilty of the same offence for which it protests. The press tend to a field day in these occasions. All parties that have contravened should be punished, yes. And it would serve us and society as a whole well to raise our hand if we knew of an issue at our club. But a little focus on image management makes sense I think.

6 hours ago, Bullitt said:

I genuinely think that will be the case. Wee Lennon would go off his chomp if he knew and at the very least he would never have been in the squad. I reckon he's kicked his last ball for Celtic.

I would agree. They easily have the resources to cover his absence. He’s not a key player and he only came on for a short time. They wouldn’t have done that If they were aware.