Season could be paused

kfc_superteam

16 minutes ago, ekblue said:

I am absolutely livid at this. First Sevco get away with fielding untested players against Dundee Utd, then Aberdeen players think it's ok to go to the pub, and now Celtic allow their players 4 days holiday to swan of to Spain and back.  The very 3 clubs that think they make the rules.  Let them each have to pay for all the revenues that could be lost to all other clubs due to their arrogance and incompetence.  Only the Government will act here certainly not the SPFA who repeatedly turn a blind eye.  Scottish football is a joke to any one looking in at us.  

This completely.  The beaks had the chance to put a marker down on Sevco at the start when they just went ahead with a friendly before the test results arrived.

They did nothing.  They will do nothing about Aberdeen either. 

Even if Celtic didn't know about Bolingoli's wee trip they should be accountable.  Will the bosses do anything? 

Spineless the lots of them.

As for the players, it's just typical of the attitude - too much money for brain bead w@nks!  Think they are above the law.

2 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

The level in which we openly chastise others would typically be a function on how secure we are in that same aspect.

I doubt the club will publicly criticise another club or players.

When you said "we ", I assumed you were referring to the killiefc.commentators.

Can you even begin to imagine the backlash by the media if it had been a Killie player doing what that Celtic idiot has done.  Killie would be getting thrown out the league for risking Sceptics 10 in a row.  Given them 10 in a row, deduct 3 points for their next 10 games!  And award Killie 6 points for having been put at risk!  

If the league is paused  then Celtic and Aberdeen should be absolutwlt annihilated by the beaks.  Nothing less than 15 point deduction, and 8 game bans for the players would be acceptable.

Those players cannot please ignorance, its a blatant f**k you we will fo what we like attitude.   This is also the 2nd Celtic player to breach the rules after thumbheeds party the other week.  I also find it hard to believe that everyone at Celric didnt know bolingoli was heading to or had been to Spain.

And before anyone says anything   if our players had done this id expect the club to absolutely hammer them, if not saxk them for gross misconduct. 

Edited by Beaker71

Just now, Beaker71 said:

If the league is paused  then Celtic and Aberdeen should be absolutwlt annihilated by the beaks.  Nothing less than 15 point deduction, and 8 game bans for the players would be acceptable.

Those players cannot please ignorance, its a blatant f**k you we will fo what we like attitude.   This is also the 2nd Celtic player to breach the rules after thumbheeds party the other week.  I also find it hard to believe that everyone at Celric didnt know bolingoli was heading to or had been to Spain.

The issue here is that rules should have been put in place prior to the season starting by the SPFL. Every club should have known before a ball was kicked what the repercussions would be for a breach... we didn't do that, then Aberdeen (who should have forfeit the points) were let off the hook and the precedent was set.

Celtic now can't really be hammered for Bolingoli's actions.

Additionally,  BEFORE the season started all clubs should have voted on what would happen if the season was stopped again. Would the league be forfeit or would it be final league placement etc. It seems we just make it up as we go along and this season we should have been prepared for every single eventuality. 

Did Celtic really expect that all players from overseas would not use the 4 days off to go somewhere? With  so many foreign players it was inevitable someone would head abroad. I really wonder if he was the only one to head out the country? 4 days off money in their pockets and crap weather in Scotland? Private jets are also not out of the reach of these guys.Surely Lennon should have done a wee Jim Mclean and been round their houses every night to check they were tucked up in bed?

8 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Additionally,  BEFORE the season started all clubs should have voted on what would happen if the season was stopped again. Would the league be forfeit or would it be final league placement etc.

You mean they haven't?

They're probably not alone though. Every league should have rules in place to decide what will happen in the event of curtailment of the season at various stages.

59 minutes ago, ekblue said:

I am absolutely livid at this. First Sevco get away with fielding untested players against Dundee Utd, then Aberdeen players think it's ok to go to the pub, and now Celtic allow their players 4 days holiday to swan of to Spain and back.  The very 3 clubs that think they make the rules.  Let them each have to pay for all the revenues that could be lost to all other clubs due to their arrogance and incompetence.  Only the Government will act here certainly not the SPFA who repeatedly turn a blind eye.  Scottish football is a joke to any one looking in at us.  

I did think it was quite funny that Lennon gave Julien 4 days off and then called him ‘rusty’. Maybe they would have been better off with a few more days training! 

7 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Do folk seriously believe Celtic allowed their players 4 days off in between their first two matches of the season? 
I just don't buy that at all. 

Lennon has done this before albeit in past after league was won. But hey it was only Killie they were playing so why not give them time off? Guaranteed 3 points is it not?

As an immediate punishment to start with Celtic should be made to pay for daily testing of all our players and backroom staff and anyone who was at the stadium on Sunday, then a contribution to NHS charity, our charity partner and a large donation to the rest of Scottish football. Rangers to do the same for Dundee United and both them and Aberdeen to make similar large donations to the rest of Scottish football. Bolingoli should indeed be fined by the courts (no reduction from initial fine if he pays within 14 days) and banned for two games minimum. Hopefully none of our players are as stupid and selfish as these self entitled pr***s.

1 hour ago, tanerba'Tam said:

Under Quarantine guidelines by Scottish Government....’If you fail to comply with any of these self-isolation measures then you may be fined £480 in Scotland under a fixed penalty notice.’
Wonder if he will be fined as he clearly broke the rules under these regulations?

Should be fined but doubt £480 Will put much of a dent in the wallet of someone on what he will be earning.

1 hour ago, Fudger said:

Do folk seriously believe Celtic allowed their players 4 days off in between their first two matches of the season? 
I just don't buy that at all. 

Pretty sure Lennon has been slated in some quarters before for his leniency surrounding days off and player attitude at Celtic. From what I've been told the culture is something which Ronny Delia tried to change but failed. See Le Guen and Alessio for similar attempts at culture change in Scottish football.

This is a simple one. If Celtic didn't know, then they as a club should sack him. He should then be charged as appropriate by the relevant authorities. 

If the club did know, then they had 2 choices upon his return. Report him to the authorities and the matter would be dealt with as per above, or go to a massive cover up and hope nobody notices. I'd find option B is probably too outrageous to believe, but if it transpires to be the case then the club should face a large points deduction and fine. Those involved in any cover up should be sacked. 

Would they really have risked it for their 2nd choice left back? I'm not convinced. 

2 hours ago, KTID said:

Surely, like any other job, Bolingoli would have needed to ask for time off to go on holiday.

I’m not buying this “we were not aware” dross for a minute.

Given the ramifications (of which Celtic as a club would have been fully aware), there is no chance they fielded a fringe player knowing he was breaching quarantine rules. That said, the club should still be hammered. A precedent should have been set with Aberdeen. The SPFL's leniency means if the season is allowed to continue we will see this time and time again with no consequence.