Season could be paused

kfc_superteam

17 hours ago, Monty1998 said:

This may be the case however sg guidelines are clear 2 weeks self isolation on return. Book should be thrown at him and if ceptic knew about this before playing him yesterday he should have been illegible and therefore we should be awarde 3-0 victory.

I find him difficult to read as well.

All of the individual players should be charged with bringing the game in to disrepute. Any suspensions to be served in the games their conduct caused to be abandoned plus subsequent games. Won't happen because of who are involved. Just look at the UEFA fines that Celtic and Rangers get almost every time they play, the same issues get zero attention in the domestic games.

Lets hope that UEFA have the balls to throw Sceptic out of Europe, as they seem the only governing party that seems to act with authority and independance.  Boli will have trained with his team, when not on holiday  and therefore the whole team should be quarantined.  If not so then is there any point in having rules and protocol?

6 minutes ago, ekblue said:

Lets hope that UEFA have the balls to throw Sceptic out of Europe, as they seem the only governing party that seems to act with authority and independance.  Boli will have trained with his team, when not on holiday  and therefore the whole team should be quarantined.  If not so then is there any point in having rules and protocol?

The downside of that is that it is only the on field performance of the ugly sisters that has got our qualifying score up to where five teams will qualify next season with two in the champions league. If they are thrown out the score will collapse and we will be back to three teams all starting in preliminary qualifying two or three weeks before our season starts usually against teams that play summer football.

My point in this is that Sceptic as a club should be punished for the gross misconduct of one of their employees who has placed others outside Sceptic at risk both in health and financial terms.  How a 'yellow card' to all of Scottish football is considered punishment enough is beyond me.  If the SPFA do nothing then it's up to UEFA to show them the way AGAIN

12 minutes ago, ekblue said:

My point in this is that Sceptic as a club should be punished for the gross misconduct of one of their employees who has placed others outside Sceptic at risk both in health and financial terms.  How a 'yellow card' to all of Scottish football is considered punishment enough is beyond me.  If the SPFA do nothing then it's up to UEFA to show them the way AGAIN

If they were unaware he had left the country how can you punish the club. Some of the reaction to this is laughable 

5 minutes ago, Kanyon said:

If they were unaware he had left the country how can you punish the club. Some of the reaction to this is laughable 

Agree. There has to be a difference between personal liability/ responsibility and the blame being apportioned to the club. Same with the Aberdeen scenario. 

2 hours ago, gdevoy said:

Seems to me to be a punative element to the decision to only postpone Celtucs games and not K/K.

Boli was on pitch for 3 minutes plus stoppage time.  I think the "rules" about contacts are "less than 2 metres for over 10 minutes"?

I doubt any indiviual killie player marked him that close for that long.

Given that some find the reaction to this laughable. Just for a laugh what do you honestly think would have been the media and SPFL's reaction had it been a Killie player that behaved in this way?  I seriously doubt Killie would just have received a yellow card on behalf of Scottish football.  Am I paranoid or just being realistic about the weaknesses within the governance hierarchy of our game.  We need Nicola to express her displeasure but we hear nothing from Doncaster and his chums.

4 minutes ago, ekblue said:

Just for a laugh what do you honestly think would have been the media and SPFL's reaction had it been a Killie player that behaved in this way?  I seriously doubt Killie would just have received a yellow card on behalf of Scottish football.

This incident came to light late last night and falls within uncharted territory. 

I am giving the authorities time to consider the matter before jumping to conclusions. 

I don't know what the media reaction has been because I haven't been following it. It's kind of irrelevant anyway.

Off the top of my head, I can't think of any obvious occasions when Killie have been singled out for unusually severe punishment or criticism.

I would add that I consider the public health aspects the incident, and the Aberdeen one, to be more important than deducting points, fining, match postponements etc.   

26 minutes ago, ekblue said:

Given that some find the reaction to this laughable. Just for a laugh what do you honestly think would have been the media and SPFL's reaction had it been a Killie player that behaved in this way?  I seriously doubt Killie would just have received a yellow card on behalf of Scottish football.  Am I paranoid or just being realistic about the weaknesses within the governance hierarchy of our game.  We need Nicola to express her displeasure but we hear nothing from Doncaster and his chums.

Spot on. 

There is no clarity of thought and our football "authorities" have a long track record of soiling their nappies and/or burying their heads in the sand when hard decisions come along, especially if they involve the bigger clubs. Of course it is a different story when a League 2 team sends in a fax with a smudge on it, then the big men of the SPFL and SFA are more than happy to dock points or issue fines. "Act big with the little guys, so long as you act small with the big guys" seems to be their motto and always always has been.

The Aberdeen players who acted recklessly should be suspended for several games when they would next be otherwise eligible to play for Aberdeen's first team. Bolingoli should be treated the same. To the extent that the clubs have responsibility for the behaviour of their players there should, at minimum, be NO BENEFIT to Aberdeen nor Sellick, and NO DETRIMENT to other teams as a result of this fiasco. As it is, there is clear benefit to Aberdeen from the way this situation has been handled as they will get to play their offending players once they are COVID free without having to field a weakened side against anyone in the league. That is simply not fair to any of the other teams.

Edited by KenVaagen1984