Season could be paused

kfc_superteam

Bolingoli will not play again for Celtic. A number of the aberdeen players will fade away without playing again. My worry is the media will expose other clubs or individuals. This may not result in immediate action unless the overall country wide statistics increase but we are walking a tightrope right now.

48 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Bolingoli will not play again for Celtic. A number of the aberdeen players will fade away without playing again. My worry is the media will expose other clubs or individuals. This may not result in immediate action unless the overall country wide statistics increase but we are walking a tightrope right now.

Most of the Aberdeen ones are the core of McInnes First team. They’ll be playing again as soon as they’re available to him IMO. Aberdeen have won a watch here. 

5 hours ago, killiekosmos said:

Boli was on pitch for 3 minutes plus stoppage time.  I think the "rules" about contacts are "less than 2 metres for over 10 minutes"?

I doubt any indiviual killie player marked him that close for that long.

What would worry me is that he returned to training with the rest of the squad on Wednesday, four days prior to the game, and could have been potentially infecting them all for those four days. Then they were all on the pitch with our guys for ninety minutes on Sunday. By that time, it could've been running rampant throughout the football club, so it's not just his little three minute cameo on the pitch that's the issue. I'm a little surprised and concerned that we've been judged to be in the clear, but these guys are the experts, I guess we have to go with their say-so

2 hours ago, KenVaagen1984 said:

Most of the Aberdeen ones are the core of McInnes First team. They’ll be playing again as soon as they’re available to him IMO. Aberdeen have won a watch here. 

Is it just coincidence that  an allegedly skint Aberdeen manage to get some games cancelled whilst their main goal threat and his back up are both injured?

3 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Is it just coincidence that  an allegedly skint Aberdeen manage to get some games cancelled whilst their main goal threat and his back up are both injured?

Surely even they would not sink to that level of cheating??? Anyway if McInnes had known the boys were going out clubbing he’d have demanded to join them.

Edited by KenVaagen1984

9 hours ago, Bobby said:

Head in the sand.

How is it head In the sand? You honestly think Lennon was that desperate to stick him on for a couple of minutes he’d happily break every rule they’d agreed too knowing the consequence if it got out. Individual responsibility was the problem something which seems to be dying out everywhere.

8 minutes ago, Kanyon said:

How is it head In the sand? You honestly think Lennon was that desperate to stick him on for a couple of minutes he’d happily break every rule they’d agreed too knowing the consequence if it got out. Individual responsibility was the problem something which seems to be dying out everywhere.

This.

Some of the crap being spouted here is mental & all based on bitterness towards Celtic & Rangers.

If anyone seriously thinks they somehow knew about him being away & threw him on for 3 minutes against us regardless, needs there head read.

Haven't you heard they are going for 10 in a row this season? DO you think they would do anything stupid like this that could in anyway harm that?

The guy is a moron who thinks laws don't apply to him.  He's been fined his £480 and probably be sacked from his job.  Appropriate punishment.

1 hour ago, Kfcinlancashire said:

The players who caused this should be banned for the replayed games and in addition should get a further suspension for bringing the game in to disrepute. There is no individual sanction that can be applied to clubs as the idiots in charge did not set up any rules.

Reading reports this morning the SFA/SPFL are looking to bring in a range of punishments. Don’t see any mention of them hitting the nine players involved up until now

48 minutes ago, piffer said:

Reading reports this morning the SFA/SPFL are looking to bring in a range of punishments. Don’t see any mention of them hitting the nine players involved up until now

Let me guess, a sliding scale of punishments - the smaller the offending club, the higher the penalty?

2 hours ago, gjkillie007 said:

In what way? The match's are just postponed?

Yes, but why is it postponed? 

Not because anyone is infected. 

When I say “punitive” I mean to teach Celtic a lesson. 

Ultimately, they will have to fit an extra match into their schedule which might handicap them. 

It’s not fair on St Mirren but the only reason I can see for doing it is to take teach Celtic a lesson. 

You would have to ask the FM for more explanation!

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

Yes, but why is it postponed? 

Not because anyone is infected. 

When I say “punitive” I mean to teach Celtic a lesson. 

Ultimately, they will have to fit an extra match into their schedule which might handicap them. 

It’s not fair on St Mirren but the only reason I can see for doing it is to take teach Celtic a lesson. 

You would have to ask the FM for more explanation!

Extra two matches in, their game at the weekend is off too.

2 hours ago, piffer said:

Aye, Community Service, hardly a punishment, especially when they are not supposed to be mixing with large numbers.

They’ve apparently been “punished” by the postponement! How?? By that logic, the other club they’re playing is also punished! The fixture list is already congested, and we’re now having midweek games more and more often. Rules are rules! Is it any wonder Hearts & Partick are/were raging with the Ineptitude of the SPFL and SFA - they’re like a bunch of limp lettuce leafs! Guaranteed, if that’d been Killie, Livi or Hamilton players, we’d have lost 3 points per game missed. The teams whereby these games are now off, should be awarded the points; it’s them up to the respective clubs to sort out their player issues.

Lennon would not have bothered risking their whole season by bringing Bolingoli onto the pitch at all if he had known what the clown had been up to.   Individual responsibility comes into this and the right punishment would be termination of his contract.

Disappointing to see two ex Killie players acting irresponsibly at Aberdeen in Bryson and Kennedy, but perhaps McInnes is not the manager pundits seem to think he is, in terms of his man management.

Punishment for teams failing to control their staff in this pandemic should be swift and precise.  The clinical impact of points deductions should focus the mind and both Aberdeen and Celtic should have three points deducted now.    Financial fines at a time of economic chaos make little sense.

We hope none of the Celtic squad have been infected because that in turn protects our team from exposure to the virus.

One more breach and Nicola looks in the mood to kill off the season altogether.

The Red Card is in her handbag.

1 hour ago, The Hunter said:

They’ve apparently been “punished” by the postponement! How?? By that logic, the other club they’re playing is also punished! The fixture list is already congested, and we’re now having midweek games more and more often. Rules are rules! Is it any wonder Hearts & Partick are/were raging with the Ineptitude of the SPFL and SFA - they’re like a bunch of limp lettuce leafs! Guaranteed, if that’d been Killie, Livi or Hamilton players, we’d have lost 3 points per game missed. The teams whereby these games are now off, should be awarded the points; it’s them up to the respective clubs to sort out their player issues.

The opposition have been punished more as it stands because the players who should be isolating will be clear for the rearranged date.  That's why, imo, the affected players should be suspended for the rearranged dates.

8 hours ago, piffer said:

And we all know it will not be applied to retrospective breaches because that would mean Rangers for playing a game before the rest results were available, Aberdeen for a group of their players putting themselves in a situation where they might be at risk and Celtic for having a player who deliberately did not declare they should be in quarantine.