Season could be paused

kfc_superteam

Bottle job by the authorities. Should have been at least a three game ban for every player involved. Even if it was specifically against the teams they were due to play at the time. Aside from club punishments which I doubt were severe the Aberdeen players have got off with this big time. Bolingoli probably only punished as a Celtic are trying to force him out the door now.

Another sign that the SFA/SPFL are not fit for purpose. What message does this send to every other player and club in the country? Although if you want to believe the conspiracy theories there’s only three clubs who’d get away with it. Everyone else would be lucky to see their player involved again before Christmas 

2 hours ago, piffer said:

Bottle job by the authorities. Should have been at least a three game ban for every player involved. Even if it was specifically against the teams they were due to play at the time. Aside from club punishments which I doubt were severe the Aberdeen players have got off with this big time. Bolingoli probably only punished as a Celtic are trying to force him out the door now.

Another sign that the SFA/SPFL are not fit for purpose. What message does this send to every other player and club in the country? Although if you want to believe the conspiracy theories there’s only three clubs who’d get away with it. Everyone else would be lucky to see their player involved again before Christmas 

Couldn't agree more.

Proving yet again that the bodies on charge of Scotland are not fit for purpose.

If there are any more breaches and similar inaction is taken I can see Sturgeon stepping in and pausing the season

It is ridiculous that the games are cancelled until the players are available again.

Don't understand the suspended sentence part from the SFA. The city was put back into lockdown because of a consequence of there's  and others actions. Flouting the rules. I wonder is it was enough to put the final nail in some small businesses .Taking everything into consideration a 2-3 match ban should have been the minimum penalty. 

SFA in s**tebag alert. If any of this lot played for lets say  Alloa there would have been a different outcome. Part of the problem is there is no guidance in place for what punishment befits the breaking of lockdown rules specific to the SFA. They are probaly terrified of how, especially Celtic would react.

1 minute ago, Malkmus said:

SFA in s**tebag alert. If any of this lot played for lets say  Alloa there would have been a different outcome. Part of the problem is there is no guidance in place for what punishment befits the breaking of lockdown rules specific to the SFA. They are probaly terrified of how, especially Celtic would react.

Was thinking about it this morning. Aberdeen players act stupidly and get away with it. Aside from the club fine(which we won’t know how severe it is) neither they or the club are punished. Fast forward to now. Any player in the league catches COVID from their child coming home from school carrying. An innocent act. That player misses 14days. Potentially four games. Their club still has to play without said player for that duration. An innocent act punished more than Aberdeen. 

Hibs being punished more today for a false positive test than Aberdeen for two positive tests and eight players actions putting the game in jeopardy for the whole.

Gogic testing positive rules him out and forced Hibs to stop training but still having to play the game. Dons get games postponed and resume fit with full squad.

Having said that Hibs deserve all they get for the way they’ve carried themselves throughout the pandemic 

15 minutes ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

It seems really odd to me that they're going ahead with the League Cup rather than trying to get through the league fixtures as quickly as possible while they can. 

I'll be very surprised if there's no second lockdown and suspension of football by November. 

They're playing League Cup games in October because of the international fixtures, they won't be cancelled even if clubs have players involved in the internationals. 

10 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

They're playing League Cup games in October because of the international fixtures, they won't be cancelled even if clubs have players involved in the internationals. 

Later rounds will presumably be played when league matches could be taking place though. 

It's just odd that they aren't playing two games a week during the summer months. I suspect that there will be a major fixture backlog in a few months. 

28 minutes ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

Later rounds will presumably be played when league matches could be taking place though. 

It's just odd that they aren't playing two games a week during the summer months. I suspect that there will be a major fixture backlog in a few months. 

Difficult to do, four clubs involved in Europa League fixtures, international breaks in September and October, they've crammed in as much as they can. 

36 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Difficult to do, four clubs involved in Europa League fixtures, international breaks in September and October, they've crammed in as much as they can. 

It means dispensing with traditional "fixture rounds" and fitting games in where they can. This could even mean playing on a Thursday or a Monday. 

Scotland could have over 1,000 cases by the end of the month and that will mean no football. 

8 hours ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

It means dispensing with traditional "fixture rounds" and fitting games in where they can. This could even mean playing on a Thursday or a Monday. 

Scotland could have over 1,000 cases by the end of the month and that will mean no football. 

Even if we dispersed with the League Cup we're still not going to get far into the league fixture list. I would imagine BetFred applied pressure to get the games played since we at least have a sponsor for that competition. If football stops again in October where does that leave Championship, League One and Two teams and come to that, Premiership teams ?  That prospect is possible but at the same time unimaginable. I would imagine the government would want to keep football going at least in it's present form for as long as possible. No football in the summer months is one thing, no football in the depths of winter would be a grim prospect indeed. 

44 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

Even if we dispersed with the League Cup we're still not going to get far into the league fixture list. I would imagine BetFred applied pressure to get the games played since we at least have a sponsor for that competition. If football stops again in October where does that leave Championship, League One and Two teams and come to that, Premiership teams ?  That prospect is possible but at the same time unimaginable. I would imagine the government would want to keep football going at least in it's present form for as long as possible. No football in the summer months is one thing, no football in the depths of winter would be a grim prospect indeed. 

A grim prospect but if ICUs are full, health care workers are getting infected and aged care homes are being decimated, it's difficult to see how footballers from different households can train and play together.

Once a few start to test positive (which has already happened in the context of low community spread), it will be difficult to continue. The SPL doesn't have the money to implement a bubble system for players. 

I hope i'm wrong and none of this happens. 

3 minutes ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

A grim prospect but if ICUs are full, health care workers are getting infected and aged care homes are being decimated, it's difficult to see how footballers from different households can train and play together.

Once a few start to test positive (which has already happened in the context of low community spread), it will be difficult to continue. The SPL doesn't have the money to implement a bubble system for players. 

I hope i'm wrong and none of this happens. 

If that happens then prioritising league games now wouldn't make any difference. 

19 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

If that happens then prioritising league games now wouldn't make any difference. 

It depends. Another 6-8 week lockdown would, in theory at least, reduce case numbers to single digits again for a couple of months and games could probably resume. 

A not unlikely scenario is that at least some game time is lost due to COVID-19 this season. I would have thought that ensuring completion of league fixtures would have been the priority, but perhaps it's not as straightforward as that. 

On 8/29/2020 at 12:11 AM, Sam said:

St Mirren, St Johnstone and Hamilton should have been awarded 3 points. 

SPFL bottle merchants. 

Don't agree with this solution as these teams are unfairly benefitting by gaining three points they would be unlikely to win under normal circumstances.  Killie will have to fight for three points from Aberdeen and so should these teams.

A better plan would be to DEDUCT nine points from Aberdeen but give them the chance to win them back if they beat these teams. If on the other hand they are beaten, their opponents will have earned the points legitimately.

33 minutes ago, killieblue said:

Mark Connolly has allegedly broken Covid restrictions. With Nicola Sturgeons comments after the Bolingoli incident it might end up with the season being paused....

Add this to the just announced visiting restrictions in Glasgow,East Renfrewshire and East Dunbartonshire and both test events and indeed the rest of the season are in some doubt?

5 minutes ago, zinger said:

What has Connolly allegedly done?

'Sniffling' Dundee United star in 'boozy bust-up with taxi driver after refusing to wear a face mask'

The cabbie says Mark Connolly 'was shivering, snorting, coughing and sniffling' in his taxi but refused to put a face mask on.

A Scottish Premiership star reportedly breached coronavirus rules in a rammy with a taxi driver.

Dundee United defender Mark Connolly is accused of behaving aggressively and refusing to wear a face mask in a cab after a boozy night out.

The Irish centre back and another man connected to the club are said to have been picked up in the early hours of Monday after visiting popular Balcony Bar in Dundee’s Ward Road.

The Courier quotes the taxi driver as saying both men were visibly drunk and Connolly, 28, “appeared unwell”.

He added: “Both were the worse for wear with drink. Connolly was particularly bad and appeared unwell. He was shivering, snorting, coughing and sniffling constantly.

“I asked him to put a face mask on but this only drew abuse and threatening behaviour from him.

This escalated as the journey progressed and was only calmed by the other passenger removing him from the car.

The driver’s complaint goes on: “After dropping them off my car required to be sanitised and valeted before going back into service.

“As a consequence not only has my health been put in jeopardy but I have suffered financial loss.”

The United pair are understood to have spent several hours inside the popular bar, known for its rowdy karaoke nights pre-coronavirus.

They were among the last to leave the pub, which was reportedly busy before shutting at 2.30am.

The bar’s management told the Courier the men were “perfect gentlemen” and staff had no issues with them before the alleged confrontation outside.

Face coverings must be worn on Scotland’s public transport - including in taxis - since June to help halt the spread of Covid-19.

The taxi driver is understood to have lodged an official complaint with the Tannadice club which is being investigated by bosses.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/sniffling-dundee-united-star-boozy-22612524