Rossco away, Fred

CB

5 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Pinnock certainly looks big and physical. I thought he worked hard and he won a lot, particularly second half til he went off.

Waters has been surprisingly good. Haunstrup in front of Waters has to be the way to go. We came alive down that side when they were on together.

Agree that Haunstrup has combined well with Waters in both games. 
Unlucky not to hold out but a draw probably a fair result given they hit the post late on 

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Under one of the best managers we have ever had?

No s**t.

Struggling to see your point here? We are talking about not making substitutions. Clarke didnt make them, and neither does Dyer. My argument is Clarke got away with not making them because he won games. Dyer at the moment doesnt 

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

Struggling to see your point here? We are talking about not making substitutions. Clarke didnt make them, and neither does Dyer. My argument is Clarke got away with not making them because he won games. Dyer at the moment doesnt 

I thought he did the right thing in keeping the side that were on. We were on top, we were looking the better side. There was no need to disrupt what we were doing.

You can't tactically plan for an accidental hand ball.

However you want the manager shot, so I don't know why I'm bothering.

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

Talking about what we could and should have got is pointless.

All that counts is what we did get.

We need to turn defeats into draws and draws into wins. 

Saturday is important. Good performance and a win would underline the positives and give us a good platform. 

First home game with a near fully fit squad and with the new players having bedded in a bit. And hopefully not a keeper chucking one in... 

We will be absolutely fine this season. 3 games 3 good performances. Unlucky not to win tonight so poor refereeing maybe to blames. Haunstrup looks a player. 
First half kabamba far to isolated Pinnock got closer to him 2nd half and midfield played 10yards further up the pitch

3 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

We will be absolutely fine this season. 3 games 3 good performances. Unlucky not to win tonight so poor refereeing maybe to blames. Haunstrup looks a player. 
First half kabamba far to isolated Pinnock got closer to him 2nd half and midfield played 10yards further up the pitch

Need to start turning performances into results. This is rolling over from last season. Times we played well and came away with nothing or less than we deserved. Hopefully we can change the record soon. Cutting out the stupid mistakes that give opponents a goal of a start will be a big help

6 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I thought he did the right thing in keeping the side that were on. We were on top, we were looking the better side. There was no need to disrupt what we were doing.

You can't tactically plan for an accidental hand ball.

However you want the manager shot, so I don't know why I'm bothering.

If you look which you clearly have, I've commented further down saying I used a bad choice of words, but he showed his inexperience. I felt we had quality on that bench that would have been better options than some on the pitch later in the game.

FWIW I thought his starting 11 was spot on

4 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Power and Burke we’re phenomenal tonight. 

Power was the real driving force from midfield and anything creative was always gonna be Burke’s doing. Haunstrup looked good again. Waters too. 

Pinnock looks like Invisible DT. 

Maybe bit early to judge pinnock as he was carrying injury and just getting into the system. Looks technically sound but certainly not quick. Lack of pace in the mid to front remains a bit if a worry.

Funny how after Sunday’s game Gary Dicker is immense and invaluable yet tonight some think he needs binned as past his best and other options are better?  Fickle as f**k!!

What isn’t in question is individual BIG errors are costing us points in every fixture so far and that needs to be cut out or we’re going to be the hard luck story that costs AD his job. 

I think the fact the same players came out and had a completely different attitude speaks more to what AD has management skill wise, it’s easy to sit and criticise no making subs ( I do think we need to get better at it) but a lot of folk on here not appreciating that most of the time I takes a player 5-10 mins to get up to speed in a game that can cost you just as much as not making a sub. More so what’s cost us tonight is a few refereeing decisions - we should’ve had a pen & theirs looked a bit soft and an defensive lapse at a set piece. 

It’s only 2 points from 9 but I think it’s not a bad return from a difficult run of games. We really need a win Saturday though to give us a good base to build on.

Burke was phenomenal again & I worry about our reliance on him for creativity. Power was excellent as well. Really impressed with Millen again. Haunstrup impressed when on the ball and looks like he has a hell of a cross on him. I wonder if LM could be his position in a 442 if Waters keeps playing well. 

Is Brophy away? He’s been on bench and no featuring much.  Dropped totally tonight ..?

If so we seriously need two strikers. Burke and Power grabbed the game with scruff of neck and dragged us ahead. Power plays Dicker or Tish arguably Tish atm. Haunstrup looked really good again. Number 10 a Greg Stewart type would be a game changer.

6 minutes ago, piffer said:

Need to start turning performances into results. This is rolling over from last season. Times we played well and came away with nothing or less than we deserved. Hopefully we can change the record soon. Cutting out the stupid mistakes that give opponents a goal of a start will be a big help

This 100%.

4 minutes ago, piffer said:

This is rolling over from last season. Times we played well and came away with nothing or less than we deserved. 

Frustration tonight is that we did something we seemingly couldn't under Dyer last season, changed the game and got back in front, only for an unfortunate pen to get in the way. Between that and the keeper error in the Hibs game it's so difficult to tell if things are any different this time around. Lineup on Saturday will be really interesting. 

9 minutes ago, Silent Bob said:

Not sure we can criticise Pinnock when he barely got a touch first half. He was a bit more involved 2nd half and seemed to be told to get closer to Kabamba. Early days. 

Agree looked slightly better 2nd half , do feel the players brought in from down south will take a few games to get match fit and adjust to the Scottish game ....just recall how it took Alan Power a number of games to show his best