Rossco away, Fred

CB

8 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Funny how after Sunday’s game Gary Dicker is immense and invaluable yet tonight some think he needs binned as past his best and other options are better?  Fickle as f**k!!

What isn’t in question is individual BIG errors are costing us points in every fixture so far and that needs to be cut out or we’re going to be the hard luck story that costs AD his job. 

If we are packing our own box then maybe, but GD to me does not offer the creative edge needed to break down similar teams to us, we have steel in Power, we need the creative side now, that could be Kiltie, El Mak or someone else.

Bottom line is 2 points out of 9 is not going to look good on the scorecard, we need to start winning, pretty, ugly don’t care, just get a couple of 3 pointers onboard.

4 minutes ago, casual observer said:

It’s all very well sticking another attack minded player in there, but we’ve conceded 5 goals in 3 games so far with players there protecting the back 4. Are we confident enough in them and the keeper’s ability to cope with less protection in front of them? I’m not. 

These subs can change the momentum of a game though. It’s a similar argument to the how many players do you leave up at a corner. Leaving more players up leaves you vulnerable but chances are your opponent will drop more back to cover them. 

AD take on game

#####

Kilmarnock manager Alex Dyer: "I'm happy with the boys. It was a good performance in the second half. We played 10 yards further up the pitch. We scored two good goals and could have had three or four.

"[On Chris Burke's penalty claim] He [Josh Reid] has pulled his shirt. The linesman should see it. He was through on goal. I don't understand that one. The second one [from goalbound Kirk Broadfoot header] was definitely handball. They got one with the handball on Burkey when it wasn't really handball. It's a good point but by rights we should have had three points. The performances have been good in all three games."

Dicker’s the glue that holds us together when the going is tough. And let’s be honest, it gets tough for some parts in every game for us as we rarely win easily. His value becomes more apparent when he’s not playing. I think we should be demanding more from Power & Tish supporting the forwards instead of dropping the guy who sweeps in front of our centre backs. Just my opinion though.

7 minutes ago, casual observer said:

Dicker’s the glue that holds us together when the going is tough. And let’s be honest, it gets tough for some parts in every game for us as we rarely win easily. His value becomes more apparent when he’s not playing. I think we should be demanding more from Power & Tish supporting the forwards instead of dropping the guy who sweeps in front of our centre backs. Just my opinion though.

Dicker is a good player with a good footballing brain who breaks up play well... however.

Dicker has also been a huge part of costing us 2 goals in 2 games.

Sundays we can argue because he may or may not have had to make that tackle.

But tonight's is awful. Getting outjumped or out muscled is acceptable. Being 3 yards off your man when he heads into a net from 6 yards out is amateur football defending. 

When we are trying in the last 5 minutes to go and win a game and we cant take our defensive mid off because "he protects the defense... the defense then need questioned I'm afraid.

The defence does need questioned, they’ve been very average so far - at defending that is. Good signs of life from full backs going forward but the defensive side is dodgy so far. 

we don’t have a manager who’s going to risk losing 3-2 in the last 5 mins to be more attacking when he seems fairly content with the point. 

1 minute ago, chubbs said:

Who bailed out Findlay after he gave the ball away near the end ? .... oh aye that would be Dicker.

He was missing against Hibs and they waltzed through the middle of us repeatedly.... cannae be that big a handicap.

Are you seriously suggesting that GD would have kept up with the pace of Hibs? 
plus from what I seen we were the better team against Hibs, a goalkeeper blunder cost us. 

3 minutes ago, chubbs said:

Who bailed out Findlay after he gave the ball away near the end ? .... oh aye that would be Dicker.

He was missing against Hibs and they waltzed through the middle of us repeatedly.... cannae be that big a handicap.

We're generally a better side with Dicker playing. But he is also costing us goals with his sloppiness.

We were very pedestrian in the first half but that was an excellent second half performance that deserved the 3 points. Bad referring decisions cost us - looked like a foul on Burke and a clear handball as well. Not sure what happened with their penalty as Burke had both hands up but commentary said it was against Millen.

Was worried going into the season with the two full backs but they have been excellent so far. Power had another great game and took his goal very well. Pinnock will need some time to get up to speed with the game up here. Keeper didn’t have much to do but he did it well  

Definitely warming to Dyer. Three good team selections and three good performances in a tricky start. 3 points at home on Saturday and things will be looking ok. 

I hope on Saturday we see either Rossi or Dikamona paired with Findlay, Broadfoot just isn't doing it for me. He was questionable in the first goal we conceded to Hibs (debatable if he would have kept up with Boyle if the keeper hadn't forced him wider), he got turned easily by Édouard as he tried to tackle from the wrong side which forced dicker to make the cynical foul giving the free kick they scored from. Tonight he ran Infront of Millen when he was trying to clear the ball which resulted in the corner  that County scored from. He also fell on his arse in the box tracking back the county striker and Findlay had to come across and bail him out which could have easily saw us concede. Tonight I also noticed him having a couple of free headers when county cleared the ball and all he did was head it back to a county player.

It's really starting to feel that Broadfoot has some dirty pictures of Dyer or something. Everyone can see Broadfoot is the weak link in the back 4 line just now but he won't be dropped for either of the other two CB's we have brought in.

Edited by MuirP

From a first half where we looked out of sorts apart from the penalty shout we were a fast improvement in the second. Maybe more subs could have been brought on, Dicker looked leggy towards the end. Would like to know what the situation is with Brophy, maybe he would have got on the end of one of these crosses. 

1 hour ago, ki11ie said:

We will be absolutely fine this season. 3 games 3 good performances. 

Only if we turn performances into wins, if the current form continues throughout the season we will be about the 25 points mark.

St Johnstone on saturday will show where we are as a difficult game at ibrox following week and no wins from first 5 wouldn't be a good position to be in, irrespective of performances.

19 minutes ago, MuirP said:

I hope on Saturday we see either Rossi or Dikamona paired with Findlay, Broadfoot just isn't doing it for me. He was questionable in the first goal we conceded to Hibs (debatable if he would have kept up with Boyle if the keeper hadn't forced him wider), he got turned easily by Édouard as he tried to tackle from the wrong side which forced dicker to make the cynical foul giving the free kick they scored from. Tonight he ran Infront of Millen when he was trying to clear the ball which resulted in the corner  that County scored from. He also fell on his arse in the box tracking back the county striker and Findlay had to come across and bail him out which could have easily saw us concede. Tonight I also noticed him having a couple of free headers when county cleared the ball and all he did was head it back to a county player.

It's really starting to feel that Broadfoot has some dirty pictures of Dyer or something. Everyone can see Broadfoot is the weak link in the back 4 line just now but he won't be dropped for either of the other two CB's we have brought in.

Defence was fine tonight including Broadfoot. Dicker lost his man for a very simple first goal and the second one was either stupid by our player or a shocking decision by the ref 

23 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

I know it’s early but st j already feels important. A win and we’ll say that it’s a decent start and can carry momentum forward. A loss and it’s a poor start.

A loss at home to St Johnstone is a poor result at any time but I can’t see it happening on Saturday. We have put in three decent performances and if we keep playing like that we will start to win games. Would help if we stopped losing simple goals though. 

Edited by historyman

1 hour ago, Silent Bob said:

Not sure we can criticise Pinnock when he barely got a touch first half. He was a bit more involved 2nd half and seemed to be told to get closer to Kabamba. Early days. 

Not for us killie fans! We can write people off before they've even put the strip on never mind after an iffy 90 minutes