Rossco away, Fred

CB

Burke put both arms above his head. No idea why but can’t really complain that a penalty was given. 
The other one definitely hit Stewart on the hand but it looked accidental. Don’t honestly know if those are penalties these days or not. 
Pull on Burke in the first half was a blatant penalty. Right in front of that idiot of a linesman who no doubt saw it but bottled it. 

Edited by historyman

Just watched game on tv, who tf is supposed to be on Draper when the crosses came into him, his first effort was a sitter, he couldn’t miss the second.

Both Killie penalty’s should have been give, I believe any hand/arm ball inside the box unless it’s welded to your side should be awarded. Their penalty, yes probably but only after we are 4-1 up

Their penalty was really soft IMO. Particularly if you look at what the ref let go the other way.

We looked no at the races in the first half. If you let guys get free headers like that then you deserve all you get. We looked a bit sharper in the second half and could have won it but them's the breaks.

39 minutes ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

I think we'd all agree that the performances have been acceptable this season, albeit with an ongoing lack of creativity and cutting edge. 

Alex Dyer's win ratio is now a percentage point below Gary Locke's. 

The worrying fact as I keep repeating. The performances were pretty much acceptable from january last season. However our form was heading us straight for a relegation battle.

9 hours ago, ki11ie said:

We will be absolutely fine this season. 3 games 3 good performances. Unlucky not to win tonight so poor refereeing maybe to blames. Haunstrup looks a player. 
First half kabamba far to isolated Pinnock got closer to him 2nd half and midfield played 10yards further up the pitch

We need to be very careful with this “good performances” and “unlucky” mind set and from others, a draw in the Hibs game would have been a “ fair” result.

I don’t disagree with them but it’s a naive attitude to think that we are going to have a decent season without becoming more ruthless and turning the positives in our performances into actual points. 

22 minutes ago, Ngonge88 said:

The worrying fact as I keep repeating. The performances were pretty much acceptable from january last season. However our form was heading us straight for a relegation battle.

1 hour ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

I think we'd all agree that the performances have been acceptable this season, albeit with an ongoing lack of creativity and cutting edge. 

Alex Dyer's win ratio is now a percentage point below Gary Locke's. 

Stop looking at the "normal" maths in a situation that isn't normal.

Dyers run into the abandonment had Celtic twice, Aberdeen 3 times, Rangers, Hibs. After Christmas, realistically when he properly started, he had a very tough run and the league was abadoned going into St Mirren, Motherwell and then probably the bottom 6 where his ratio would look completely different!

After the restart, straight back into Hibs, Celtic and then now.

Stop with the win ratio stuff. It's not a normal win ratio. At least until he's had a proper run against everyone with his team anyway.

I thought in the second half we played the ball to feet through the middle more and this helped, Power seemed to push up and of course scored from inside the box, Can't remember the last time i saw one of the three Centre Mid's inside the box.

We put together a lot of nice fast passing moves, But sometimes the ball ends up back were it started. 

At the back both fullbacks were good going forward , Millen had another solid game. Watters is improving , But not as good in the air as Taylor was for a wee guy.

Broadfoot i feel is the weak link at the back. Always seems to be diving into tackles and already in three games he has mistimed a few, allowing his man to pass him. Also when playing a long ball his ability to pass  consistently is lacking. 

Would love to see a clean sheet on Saturday, We are back to letting in goals, Meaning we have to score a couple for the chance of a point/win.

It looked like Country worked us out. In the first half our wide area's were shut down , But we kept playing poor balls into the channels, Many over hit, I think this was because they sat off us and allowed our two worst passers , The centre backs to be the ones attempting the long pass. They were up for a battle with our Midfield and at times they won control in the middle. Only when we started to pass to feet did we gain control in the second half.

As i said last night i would have took the point before the game. The game on Saturday must be won to keep confidence up and gather some momentum, I would like to see us revert to the 442 , As we should be on the front foot at home. I imagine they will come for a point and when we play 433 we seem more defensive.

18 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Dyers run into the abandonment had Celtic twice, Aberdeen 3 times, Rangers, Hibs. After Christmas, realistically when he properly started, he had a very tough run and the league was abadoned going into St Mirren, Motherwell and then probably the bottom 6 where his ratio would look completely different!

Stop with the win ratio stuff. It's not a normal win ratio. At least until he's had a proper run against everyone with his team anyway.

Yes but there were also some honking performances before the season finished like the defeats at Hamilton and St Mirren. Those are the games where we need to do better. 
However, the performances in the last three games have certainly been good enough. I’d have taken a point v Tic and a point away at County all day long. 
If we keep playing like that I’m sure the wins will come. This Saturday is important. If we put in a good performance again but don’t get the win then I might start to worry a bit but at the moment we don’t look like a team that will scrapping it out at the bottom. 

38 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Performances mean nothing without points!

We weren't complaining about the performances under Clarke (there a few honkers) as he was putting points/wins on the board. This blaming the fixtures is pathetic, stating that he need to build his team before we can judge him is laughable, I didn't hear Clarke moaning about the team he inherited or see Angelo get the same time to build his team.

46 minutes ago, Fletch said:

I want to be wrong and I hope come October you can find this conversation and pull me up on it.

But once weve played everybody once this season Dyers results NEED to be half decent. Otherwise we are going to be in serious danger

21 minutes ago, historyman said:

Yes but there were also some honking performances before the season finished like the defeats at Hamilton and St Mirren. Those are the games where we need to do better. 
However, the performances in the last three games have certainly been good enough. I’d have taken a point v Tic and a point away at County all day long. 
If we keep playing like that I’m sure the wins will come. This Saturday is important. If we put in a good performance again but don’t get the win then I might start to worry a bit but at the moment we don’t look like a team that will scrapping it out at the bottom. 

We done more than enough at Hamilton to win, it wasn't a honking performance. Frustrating - absolutely. St Mirren was honking, and from what I hear St Johnstone not much better. 

But I absolutely agree with @Fletch. Statistics are great but they are completely hiding the context. His winless run has included a horrible run of fixtures by in large.

That being said, I thought we'd have went and won last night. Saturday is huge. 

I have never agreed with the 'performances are good so thats ok' mentality.  A win is a win no matter how well or badly the team played.  I've seen comments saying playing like we will make the season acceptable as Killie won't be in relegation trouble.  Going too state the obvious but a team doesn't avoid relegation because the performances were good. 

8 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Tough place to go, went a goal behind, gained a point but would've been 3 were it not for terrible refereeing. 

Agreed, we were denied two more obvious claims  with one a stonewaller and a booking if not a red card (not sure if you can get that and a pen now)

8 minutes ago, red_dug said:

I fail to see what the panic is. A win in the next game makes it a decent start, get the huns out the way and then try to go on a wee run.

On the reverse, if we only get a point or lose then realistically we will have 2 points from 5 games, albeit 2 of those against the bigit brothers. 

However when even the BBC question the decisions against us and likewise we were definitely the better side last night and contained Celtic with ease on Sunday, we can have some confidence that sooner rather than later our fortunes will change and someone will get a spanking.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

I don't think you can blame the manager for the St Mirren game, or anything before Christmas. St Mirren in particular he was missing Power, SOD, Findlay and McKenzie went off after 20 minutes.

43 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

Performances mean nothing without points!

We weren't complaining about the performances under Clarke (there a few honkers) as he was putting points/wins on the board. This blaming the fixtures is pathetic, stating that he need to build his team before we can judge him is laughable, I didn't hear Clarke moaning about the team he inherited or see Angelo get the same time to build his team.

At what point did you get I'll take performances over points from what I said?

I'm saying you need to look at Dyers time with perspective. You can't just draw a line down the middle and look at a ratio. Over the course of half a season, or whatever he's had in total, it's a very unusual to have had Aberdeen 3 times and Celtic 3 times. When he's had a fair crack at everyone in the league, if the numbers are still not good then have at him.