Rossco away, Fred

CB

36 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Tough place to go, went a goal behind, gained a point but would've been 3 were it not for terrible refereeing. 

I fail to see what the panic is. A win in the next game makes it a decent start, get the huns out the way and then try to go on a wee run.

I agree. I'm quite surprised at the concern being shown. We got an away point to a team who had just won their opening two games, following up a point vs Celtic who beat us that last six times they played us.
The performances are good and if they keep that up wins will come. The season is only THREE games in, let's see where we are after 11 games (if we get that far!).
I'm far more encouraged than I was before the season started. Team selections have been right, tactics have been right and unlike last season we actually have a little strength in depth. We also have two fullbacks who don't look out of place in the SPL which I wouldn't have thought a couple of weeks ago.
The main concerns I have are the quality of the goalkeepers and the gifting of cheap goals (two by the goalies and then Dicker being caught like a youngster last night).
A win on Saturday will make things look a lot better and if they play like they have shown us they will be too good for St Johnstone.

38 minutes ago, malcr0 said:

Not going to criticise the manager as we were done by poor refereeing decisions. Didn’t think Kabamba was as effective as on Sunday and thought maybe a chance for Whitehall or Kiltie later on. 2nd half we were completely on top

this exactly, Kabamba ran himself into the ground on Sunday and perhaps after an hour or 70 minutes when it wasnt his night je shouldve been replaced with Whitehall to see what he could do.  Also Kiltie for Pinnock would've given us a bit more creativity and other options.

However but for abysmal refereeing,  and one sided at that,  we'd have won comfortably.

Remember County had an extra day rest more than us too.

Factor in probably the longest journey the team has to make this season and midweek too. I'll take a point.

Outside of Gardyne( we could do with a player like that) and Stewart,County were nothing great.

That's 2 really soft penalties they've had in their last 2 home games which has got them 4 points.

I'm still reserving judgement on Dyer however performances so far are encouraging and morale in the squad seems high.  Watch the reverse angle from Burke's goal last night on the club FB page and you see every outfield player celebrating and in great spirits.  Also I thought Haunstrup looked very good when he came on last night and I'd like to see him get a start at left mid on Saturday.

29 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Why? We lost to Hamilton, Motherwell, St Johnstone and St Mirren with him in charge?

He also beat Rangers and drew with Celtic.

I've explained why. A general ratio over that amount of games wouldn't normally include 3 games v Aberdeen and 3 games v Celtic.

It's fair to say you've only won % of your fixtures but if you're constantly going to bang on about that single figure it's fair to point out the % that were against the OF, Aberdeen etc when they're abnormally high.

31 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

while the ref sounds like he had a shocker, to a degree you cant rely on those decisions to win you games 

You shouldn't rely on them. But folk on here would be creaming themselves if those goals were the difference. The manager can't win either way. 

2 hours ago, Fletch said:

Having now watched Sportscene, the decisions were even worse than I realised.

The Stewart handball is a clear handball, very hard to see how the ref has missed it. The linesman should have caught the Burke one. Embarrassing refereeing.

I recently played golf with the linesman closest to the Burke penalty claim.

Hes still adamant it was the right call to red card Bachmann in the cup replay at ibrox.

Let's just say it was a frosty 18 holes. What chance do we have?!

3 hours ago, Souleycouley93 said:

County were there for the taking last night. We should have seen the game out. Dyer is. Nice guy but he needs to turn good performances into wins. Can play down percentages as much as you like but winning and being successful is how he is gonna be measured. We need a 10 who can create or another player who’s gonna score. 

How about the players turn good performances into wins? Dicker was caught sleeping at the first goal and, excellent as he has been in the three games so far, it was daft for Burke to put his arms up for the penalty. Add to that the fact that we didn’t get two clear penalties. None of these things can be blamed on the manager. 
I didn’t want him to get the job but I’ve been pleased with the first three games other than the individual mistakes by players that are giving away gift goals. 

3 hours ago, Dave1981 said:

I have never agreed with the 'performances are good so thats ok' mentality.  A win is a win no matter how well or badly the team played.  I've seen comments saying playing like we will make the season acceptable as Killie won't be in relegation trouble.  Going too state the obvious but a team doesn't avoid relegation because the performances were good. 

Very few teams play excellent football and get relegated. One tends to go hand in hand with the other.

We're playing well (ish) and Clarke would have been the first person to say that if you play well and stick to your plan, the results will come. Hell, take Mixu's first 3/4 months in charge.

13 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Hes still adamant it was the right call to red card Bachmann in the cup replay at ibrox.

How does he play golf wearing a bowler hat?

2 hours ago, red_dug said:

Despite that fact that the red card was overturned?

That just sums up the standard and attitude of Scottish officials - what a total moron. Now wonder he didn't give the penalty, we didn't stand a chance.

As a Killie fan I tend not to expect too much but hope to win the treble every year with a wee cup run if the treble disappears quickly...I think performances so far this year have been ok...and The second half against County when we were more offensive minded was not only good but also entertaining...I hope we could be more attack minded in future games from the off but accept there are teams where that is not always possible. Encouraging signs nonetheless...

38 minutes ago, historyman said:

That just sums up the standard and attitude of Scottish officials - what a total moron. Now wonder he didn't give the penalty, we didn't stand a chance.

I often think that with the pettiness of Scottish officials that if a ref has denied a penalty shout from a diddy team and has had some stick from their players about it, he will be willing to deny the next one, or to give the other team a really soft penalty if the opportunity arises. To show the complaining side that he is the big guy. I don't know enough about the ref last night to say whether I expect that of him. It was exactly the sort of thing that w****r Brynes used to do.

7 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

Remember County had an extra day rest more than us too.

Factor in probably the longest journey the team has to make this season and midweek too. I'll take a point.

Outside of Gardyne( we could do with a player like that) and Stewart,County were nothing great.

That's 2 really soft penalties they've had in their last 2 home games which has got them 4 points.

So they’ve got two decent players, the rest aren’t great and it’s a long way in the bus. If we accept a point at a team who won 5 out of 14 at home last season and finished below us is acceptable, it’s going to be a very long and disappointing season for me. That’s the games we should be going to and imposing ourselves and seeing out with 10 to go, regardless of iffy refereeing. We are not making the most of games we should win, and often losing games we should draw. Not a good combo!!