Rossco away, Fred

CB

17 minutes ago, casual observer said:

If we accept a point at a team who won 5 out of 14 at home last season and finished below us is acceptable, it’s going to be a very long and disappointing season for me.

I was disappointed to hear AD say post-match that they had said on the bus up that a draw would be a good result.

I don't know if he meant this was with the players or just Andy Millen, more likely.

Either way, it seems to me to be setting our sights low. It was only Ross County and we should aiming to win games like that. 

yes a win would be lovely right now and yes saturday is an important game but if you actually look at things we have only been let down by small errors 

hibs - played well, goalkeeper errors let us down

celtic - played great, goalkeeper error again

ross county - played well enough, poor refereeing 

all is not doom and gloom 

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

I was disappointed to hear AD say post-match that they had said on the bus up that a draw would be a good result.

I don't know if he meant this was with the players or just Andy Millen, more likely.

Either way, it seems to me to be setting our sights low. It was only Ross County and we should aiming to win games like that. 

I noticed he seemed to say that for away games a couple of times last season too. Think after the Celtic game he said we’d be looking to win or draw up at Ross County. 

I know we can’t keeping going back but i doubt SC would’ve been saying a draw will be a good result. 

2 minutes ago, Chris1810 said:

I noticed he seemed to say that for away games a couple of times last season too. Think after the Celtic game he said we’d be looking to win or draw up at Ross County. 

I know we can’t keeping going back but i doubt SC would’ve been saying a draw will be a good result. 

Did Clarke ever win there? We've not won at Dingwall in over 3 years. You can be aiming to win, which we would have been, and it still be a good point.

3 minutes ago, skygod said:

Remember though that Ross County were two wins from two, playing well.  Killie on the other hand had 1 point with two performances that the fans were excited about but in reality its only 1 draw and performances don't win points.  

This is the other point with Killie fans, believing that a game home or away v Ross County is a guaranteed 3 points.  A definite reality check is required by a number of fans.

1 minute ago, Dave1981 said:

This is the other point with Killie fans, believing that a game home or away v Ross County is a guaranteed 3 points.  A definite reality check is required by a number of fans.

I was wondering how long it would take!

Nobody's saying that we have a divine right to win anywhere. 

It's just that talk of taking a draw isn't likely to excite supporters or inspire players. 

I'd rather a manager just said that we will go with the aim of playing as well as we can and see where that takes us. 

Bit arrogant for any of us to assume because it's only ross county that we 'should' be winning these types of games that's the mantra the old filth supporters generally  have and  we should accept that any team in this league can on the day beat one another!

10 hours ago, red_dug said:

I recently played golf with the linesman closest to the Burke penalty claim.

Hes still adamant it was the right call to red card Bachmann in the cup replay at ibrox.

Let's just say it was a frosty 18 holes. What chance do we have?!

That would be the well known rule where opposition goalkeepers are not allowed to raise their arms above shoulder height when playing in a cup tie against newco.

I can’t recall any comments on the thread stating we should be beating so and so. I do believe though that we should approach these games that we are there to win, and anything less is disappointing when we don’t. I see the logic in matching Celtic & to a lesser extent the newco being a good result, but if we don’t take the mindset into every game that’s it’s there to be won, we do indeed have some far too easily satisfied fans. 

Long bus trip, 72 rather than 96 hours rest, they’ve won their first two. Excuses for mediocrity. We now have a squad that could’ve been freshened up if need be. AD didn’t see the need to even make more than 1 sub. We outran them and controlled a good chunk of the game. Ultimately a disappointing draw from a game we were in control of. 

Edited by casual observer

Just watched highlights and feel really hard done to on Burke being brought down and penalty not given, then Broadfoot header handball not given then compounded by them getting a non penalty.

If this had happened 2 either Glasgow club the papers would be going mental screaming for VAR or the season to be suspended. 

Just sums up being a Killie/Scotland fan in that very rarely do we get the rub of the green! Used to it by now but still winds me up.

Edited by IMO
my appalling grammer

21 hours ago, Fletch said:

Stop looking at the "normal" maths in a situation that isn't normal.

Dyers run into the abandonment had Celtic twice, Aberdeen 3 times, Rangers, Hibs. After Christmas, realistically when he properly started, he had a very tough run and the league was abadoned going into St Mirren, Motherwell and then probably the bottom 6 where his ratio would look completely different!

After the restart, straight back into Hibs, Celtic and then now.

Stop with the win ratio stuff. It's not a normal win ratio. At least until he's had a proper run against everyone with his team anyway.

We've beaten Ross County, Hearts, Rangers and Queens Park under Dyer (only two of whom are current SPL sides) and lost to St Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, St Johnstone, Ross County, Aberdeen, Hibs and Celtic. 

With the exception of Livingston (who we have a poor record against), and newly promoted Dundee United, we've played every SPL side at least once under AD. 

I'm not sure that difficult fixtures can be used to paint a rosy picture of what has been a poor run of results. Let's hope that this improves. 

Don't think we should be expecting a win when going up to Dingwall, but a manager that thinks that a draw would be a good result is very poor.

County team last season were in absolute freefall before season ending, this season there were supposed to be lucky to beat Motherwell and have played the bottom team in Hamilton.

On the back of two good performances, he should have been at least giving the players the mental belief and encouragement that, he is, expecting a win.

5 hours ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

We've beaten Ross County, Hearts, Rangers and Queens Park under Dyer (only two of whom are current SPL sides) and lost to St Mirren, Hamilton, Motherwell, St Johnstone, Ross County, Aberdeen, Hibs and Celtic. 

With the exception of Livingston (who we have a poor record against), and newly promoted Dundee United, we've played every SPL side at least once under AD. 

I'm not sure that difficult fixtures can be used to paint a rosy picture of what has been a poor run of results. Let's hope that this improves. 

That's clearly not the point I was making.

I was saying stop pointing at the ratio because it's imbalanced.

5 hours ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

Thankfully we didn't have the run of results hearts had over the same period  or we wouldn't even have a fixture to look forward do tomorrow small mercies eh?

6 hours ago, GCM said:

Don't think we should be expecting a win when going up to Dingwall, but a manager that thinks that a draw would be a good result is very poor.

County team last season were in absolute freefall before season ending, this season there were supposed to be lucky to beat Motherwell and have played the bottom team in Hamilton.

On the back of two good performances, he should have been at least giving the players the mental belief and encouragement that, he is, expecting a win.

I don't think we can blame AD for an absolutely woeful referee.