Gavin Wallace/Alan Cochrane

fullmetaljacket

11 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

Gav is perfect for Club TV commentary.

The other guy is just an absolute bore. I'm guessing he's been involved since day once hence why he is still there.

There was a point last night where Gavin suggested Alan should be more biased towards Killie.  

34 minutes ago, LH31 said:

Peak Kickback - slating guys who have the club at heart and in the current climate, playing their part in our football experience 

The point is people are being put off by the KTV commentary experience and will perhaps chose a different source of media to get their Killie fix.

1 minute ago, C4mmy31 said:

The point is people are being put off by the KTV commentary experience and will perhaps chose a different source of media to get their Killie fix 

Some of the turgid garbage that comes out fans mouths when at the game can't be any worse I'm sure. 

50 minutes ago, LH31 said:

Peak Kickback - slating guys who have the club at heart and in the current climate, playing their part in our football experience 

I appreciate what your saying but for the club as a whole having people in positions because they have the club at heart is not always the right solution. Sometimes you need people capable of doing the job they are there to do.

I said earlier I don’t have a problem with Gav. He’s typical club TV commentator. I think we can do so much better for a co commentator.  A current player who is injured or suspended to give us the inside scoop. An ex player who can provide a footballers view to what’s going on. 

Edited by piffer

2 hours ago, LH31 said:

Pish.

Everyone on Kicback has Killie at heart or they wouldn't be on here.

Yet we all get slated.

Difference is this is free.

If you pay for something like Killie TV you're entitled to have pop at it if you are not happy about something. 

They are no more immune from criticism than the Killie shop staff who regularly get panned on here.

Edited by stewarty66

Stylistically, people are who they are. I find it difficult to criticize or get too wound up by it.

But could they be a little more pro-Killie? I've had the misfortune of listening to other club channels and they are rabidly pro their own team. I feel our guys try to be too balanced - and to hell with that approach.

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

Pish.

Everyone on Kicback has Killie at heart or they wouldn't be on here.

Yet we all get slated.

Difference is this is free.

If you pay for something like Killie TV you're entitled to have pop at it if you are not happy about something. 

They are no more immune from criticism than the Killie shop staff who regularly get panned on here.

I take it you've passed this feedback to the guys that operate Killie TV? 

13 minutes ago, Gavin Wallace said:

Hi all.

I’m not long home from Dingwall and have had quite a bit time to think of my response to this thread.

First of all, I apologise if my commentary was below par last night. I actually said to Scott McClymont and Chris Kyle after the match that I wasn’t happy with my performance, so for that, I apologise.

Some of the comments, in my opinion lack a bit of tact, something which disappoints me as we are a classy club with classy supporters, however, myself and the commentary team are no different to the players when it comes to criticism or praise. I take it all on the chin and welcome both, please continue to do that.

I’m not going to lie, some of these comments did hurt a bit, I’m used to it though in my line of work but when people perhaps don’t understand the level of prep I put in to a match coupled with it coming from fellow fans, it’s slightly harder to take on the chin. I’d hope though that you’d tell me to my face, should you get the opportunity or if indeed we ever meet.

I’m in an unbelievably privileged position to be able to go to matches and all I try to do is describe the action as best as I do. I have to talk more than most tele commentators as we are providing an audio / radio service as well as pictures, for that, I make no apologies as I want all our subscribers and fans to have the best possible experience so I have to aim it more at those not able to get the pictures. 

I think some of the comments about Alan are a bit too much but again, you pay your money and you are more than entitled to your opinion, again, we welcome this. 

Our new away match co-commentator, John Boyd, wasn’t with us last night as his wife is due their first child this Saturday so there was no way we were letting him travel nor did he want to. Family comes first. John should be back with us for Rangers away shortly. Alan is there for the older generation of fan as I think he connects more with them whereas John connects more with those who have a more technical mind towards the game. 

My vision for our commentary is that we be biased towards Killie at all times but we have to say things as we see it. If we are playing poorly it’s our job to tell you this, if the opposition is playing superbly, we have to tell you this etc etc but always keep a Killie bias however, too much Killie bias just sounds cringeworthy in my opinion. 

We are looking down the road of ex-players alongside John and I at away matches but it’s very much an availability thing. Once we have identified players then we can discussions with them. 

Any issues you have with pictures at away grounds are outwith our control we we effectively just “piggy back” on that for our stream as does every away team.

One thing I personally promise you is that, we try our best to give you the best experience as possible and when you’re not happy, we and more so myself, hurt and are disappointed in that. Those who are close to me will tell you that I am my worst critic and I am hard on myself as I simply strive to be better each week at my job. 

I’m never one to shy away from comments and criticism, hence why I’ve decided, with Scott McClymont’s backing, to reply to these messages.

I’m sorry again to those who feel I was sub-standard last night. I’ll take all the comments onboard and try my best to make it more enjoyable going forward.

KTID 

Gav 

Keep it going Gav. 

Your efforts are appreciated and enjoying the coverage. 

50 minutes ago, Gavin Wallace said:

Hi all.

I’m not long home from Dingwall and have had quite a bit time to think of my response to this thread.

First of all, I apologise if my commentary was below par last night. I actually said to Scott McClymont and Chris Kyle after the match that I wasn’t happy with my performance, so for that, I apologise.

Some of the comments, in my opinion lack a bit of tact, something which disappoints me as we are a classy club with classy supporters, however, myself and the commentary team are no different to the players when it comes to criticism or praise. I take it all on the chin and welcome both, please continue to do that.

I’m not going to lie, some of these comments did hurt a bit, I’m used to it though in my line of work but when people perhaps don’t understand the level of prep I put in to a match coupled with it coming from fellow fans, it’s slightly harder to take on the chin. I’d hope though that you’d tell me to my face, should you get the opportunity or if indeed we ever meet.

I’m in an unbelievably privileged position to be able to go to matches and all I try to do is describe the action as best as I can. I have to talk more than most tele commentators as we are providing an audio / radio service as well as pictures, for that, I make no apologies as I want all our subscribers and fans to have the best possible experience so I have to aim it more at those not able to get the pictures. 

I think some of the comments about Alan are a bit too much but again, you pay your money and you are more than entitled to your opinion, again, we welcome this. 

Our new away match co-commentator, John Boyd, wasn’t with us last night as his wife is due their first child this Saturday so there was no way we were letting him travel nor did he want to. Family comes first. John should be back with us for Rangers away shortly. Alan is there for the older generation of fan as I think he connects more with them whereas John connects more with those who have a more technical mind towards the game. 

My vision for our commentary is that we be biased towards Killie at all times but we have to say things as we see it. If we are playing poorly it’s our job to tell you this, if the opposition is playing superbly, we have to tell you this etc etc but always keep a Killie bias however, too much Killie bias just sounds cringeworthy in my opinion. 

We are looking down the road of ex-players alongside John and I at away matches but it’s very much an availability thing. Once we have identified players then we can have discussions with them. 

Any issues you have with pictures at away grounds are outwith our control we we effectively just “piggy back” on that for our stream as does every away team.

One thing I personally promise you is that, we try our best to give you the best experience as possible and when you’re not happy, we and more so myself, hurt and are disappointed in that. Those who are close to me will tell you that I am my worst critic and I am hard on myself as I simply strive to be better each week at my job. 

I’m never one to shy away from comments and criticism, hence why I’ve decided, with Scott McClymont’s backing, to reply to these messages.

I’m sorry again to those who feel I was sub-standard last night. I’ll take all the comments onboard and try my best to make it more enjoyable going forward.

KTID 

Gav 

Gav , 

I like your commentary and your matchday presentation at Rugby Park.

However I'll say it now as I posted last night

Alan Cochrane was awful.

I'm not alone in thinking that judging by comments on here.

Kudos to you for coming on here to reply.

I thought the KTV standard has been pretty good so far. Much enjoyed, no complaints here. 
If the haters get out of hand, Gav & Rory should start a support group!

Sounds like you need skin as thick as someone who’s played 200 odd games for the club, to do a handful of online killie commentaries!!

I think we are lucky to have a Killie fan who is so professional doing the job I think Gav does an excellent job of both the commentary and interview videos I’m surprised the club don’t use him more. 

I don’t mind Alan Cochrane the co commentator but can see reasons why others don’t it comes across as if he is just someone helping out for the night I’m assuming he doesn’t come from a broadcast background.

I like the idea of getting an ex player in to do it but that could also be hit or miss the guy that does the hospital radio commentary might be worth a go always sounds ok when I have heard him in the background of the YouTube videos they do .

1 hour ago, Gavin Wallace said:

Hi all.

I’m in an unbelievably privileged position to be able to go to matches and all I try to do is describe the action as best as I can. I have to talk more than most tele commentators as we are providing an audio / radio service as well as pictures, for that, I make no apologies as I want all our subscribers and fans to have the best possible experience so I have to aim it more at those not able to get the pictures. 

We are looking down the road of ex-players alongside John and I at away matches but it’s very much an availability thing. Once we have identified players then we can have discussions with them. 

KTID 

Gav 

Gav, I was one of the people who commented on the picture quality earlier in the thread - should have clarified that wasn’t aimed at you guys in any way. My fault for going off the topic of the thread.

Personally I didn’t think there was anything wrong with last night’s commentary. Even if I did, I’d probably keep it to myself or moan about it privately as I know I’d be utterly horrendous if I tried it. There was one point early on when I thought you were talking an awful lot but then it clicked with me that you were having to do that for people who only had audio, so no issues with that. 

People have the right to constructively criticise, but I did find the tone of some of the earlier comments on here a bit out of order - especially as most people are aware that you read this forum.

Edited by killie89