The Wolf in Hibernation?

Allan

11 minutes ago, Galdunc11 said:

Strange nobody in the press has asked AD why Brophy hasn’t featured so we know for sure. Almost certainly hamstring given his past history but would be good to have confirmed and an expected return date. 

Too busy asking him about other teams players and their breach of rules! 

Has no one else heard the comments from Boydie and Dyer in interviews. Comments like "needs to work hard to win his place back" . That was Boyd , I wonder if he has inside information. Dyer suggested Nickie has the position and up to Brophy to again work hard and fight for the spot.

But last night not even on the bench. Last year of contract. Wonder if they are trying to sell him in this window. 

1 minute ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Final year of his deal and as per usual Killie will let an asset run it down and will leave without any compensation.

You don't know this. You're guessing.

1 minute ago, Mojike and Bod said:

the fact there is no sign of him either being offered of signing a new deal

You don't know this. You're guessing.

Are you going to actually add anything to this discussion?

32 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

I guess by you replying I've added to the discussion,. You don't need to say it twice.  Its called an opinion.  You're allowed one on a football forum.

Agreed. You presented it as fact though. There's a difference.

Here's my opinion: we don't know the facts, so speculation isn't helpful. It's not good that Brophy is into the last year of his contract, but I think this is the norm now, most clubs will not be given the opportunity to renew contracts early, and players will let it get to <6 months to go and see what their market is. Wolf isn't anything different.

He's our most potent attacker. An on-form combination of him and Bambi should score some goals in this league.

51 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

He has perennial hamstring problems.  Final year of his deal and as per usual Killie will let an asset run it down and will leave without any compensation.

Given his injury problems and the fact there is no sign of him either being offered of signing a new deal I'd be looking to offload and replace him this window.

I think this is a difficult one for the club. We have been victims of our own success. 

Players like Jones, SOD and possibly Brophy put themselves in the shop window and are probably tapped up or their agents will be making noises about bigger moves which makes it very difficult for a club our size to lure them with longer contracts. 
The players hold all the power. If they don't fancy a new contract with us, they won't sign one. 

6 hours ago, Bigdaw said:

we are really poor at getting top doller for these sorts of players. He should be asked do you want to sign and if a deal is a no go , Then you sell. Both Jones and O'Donnell performances dropped once they said they would not sign. We can't do that again.

I know we've lost players like SOD etc this way, and probably will the Wolf - its just post-bosman football I'm afraid -  but we got good (apparently) money for Taylor and Naismith too, albeit years ago now - I dont think many "diddy" teams in Scotland have managed that in the same time period as us?

(prepares to proved otherwise!)

Edited by dasboag

5 hours ago, AyrshireCocard said:

Sorry if i missed it, but was there interest in Brophy from down south at any point during the Steve Clarke final season?

There was interest from Preston I'm sure at the start of this year when he was flying. I'm sure there was a media story about how we had offered him a new deal because of it. It went quiet on all fronts after that.

4 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

AD in his preview for St J game

“after getting a scan on his hamstring Brophy has been given all clear and back training again, might be In the squad on Saturday” 

That'll nae do, putting all the conspiracy theories to bed.

And yes his hamstrings do seem dodgey

Edited by Pompey Exile