Top Posters In This Topic

Rogers

Millen  Broadfoot  Findlay   Waters 

Power

Burke                                Haunstrup 

Kiltie 

Kabamab            Brophy/Whitehall 

Dicker and Tshibola drop to bench, and actually utilise the bench more 

We can't afford the luxury of 2 sitting midfielders in games we should expect to win. Fine against the Glasgow Gloryhunters Md possibly Aberdeen or Hibs away

10 minutes ago, TheShark said:

Rogers

Millen  Broadfoot  Findlay   Waters 

Power

Burke                                Haunstrup 

Kiltie 

Kabamab            Brophy/Whitehall 

Dicker and Tshibola drop to bench, and actually utilise the bench more 

We can't afford the luxury of 2 sitting midfielders in games we should expect to win. Fine against the Glasgow Gloryhunters Md possibly Aberdeen or Hibs away

That midfield would get completely over-run imo. 

Fair enough dropping one of Dicker or Tshibola but that line-up would be suicidal.

7 minutes ago, Killiepie said:

Playing Dicker, Power and Tish against Celtic makes sense as we won’t have much of the ball and need to protect the back 4 but against anyone else it doesn’t work. You get the odd creativity but nowhere near enough to win matches. 

If they play like they did 2nd half there looked to be enough going forward to create chances. Power and Tshibola 10 yards further up the pitch looked like they could make things happen.

Just now, Skora11 said:

If they play like they did 2nd half there looked to be enough going forward to create chances. Power and Tshibola 10 yards further up the pitch looked like they could make things happen.

Not convinced. Power scored only his second goal for us and don’t think there will be many assists. That’s not his game. Crying out for that spark to link the midfield and forward. 

I don't think pushing any of the three Centre Mids into a more advanced role would help with the creativity much. Their instinct is to win the ball or not lose the ball.

I do agree we need to be  more adventurous in games like this at Home. I would like to see 442 with Kabamba and Brophy up front. Not sure if Whitehall and Kabamba would be a good idea.

Haunstrup for me should start , Either at Left back/wing back or Left mid.....Watters has not let us down and seems to link well with Haunstrup. So drop Pinnock to the bench. He looked very tired when he came off and did not do to much in a creative sense.

I would drop Dicker, I don't think he suits the two in midfield. Prone to missing a tackle and not great at tracking back. Sometimes he is ok but not consistent enough.

Tish has proven me wrong, Works hard , Does not really lose possession but has good composure.

Would also like to see someone in place of Broadfoot, See if we can get a little more composure at the back, I feel evrything is frantic with him, He likes a Battle with a forward , But lacks the abilty of a ball playing defender , We need to see if the passing out from the back  can improve.

I want to see us on the front foot right from kick off. First half last night was loads of safe passing and we did not test their keeper once. We were pinging balls into the box and won no headers. Start like the second half and we should be okay.

Just want to see us keep the ball on the deck, We are a good passing Team and even better when the tempo is high. You can still play a long ball into a channel to catch them out or release pressure, But long balls in a game were we should be expected to be in control ,Well most of the time that just gives away possession.

Our fitness levels are good, Last night County made a lot of changes as a few of them were tiring. Their seems to be hunger in the squad again. A win and confidence is a great way the gain momentium.

Rodgers 

Millen Broadfoot Findlay Haunstrup 

Power.    Dicker 

Burke.   Kabamba.  Brophy.        Kiltie

If brophy aint fit. Waters in for hims push Haunstrup up mive kiltie up top with Kabamba.

Hard to drop tish but it was a toss up between him and dicker. But Dicker adds that bit of extra security for the defence 

Would like to see McGowan in action hopefully brung on a HT to see how he fairs in the blue n white

Edited by Pride_of_ayrshire

4 minutes ago, killieblue said:

Rogers 

Millen Dikamona Findlay Waters

Power Dicker

Burke                                  Haunstrup

Kabamba Whitehall

Brophy for Whitehall if fit

How the FK can you drop Tish.   He has been right up there with Power so far and imo he had a better pass on him than the other 2 defensively minded midfielders, and a better shot.

Drop the captain if you want.  For me I'd revert to the formation used by SC.  On paper a 4 4 2 but in reality its lopsided with Burke on the right and the middle three shuffling as needed, and we then have 2 up top.

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

How the FK can you drop Tish.   He has been right up there with Power so far and imo he had a better pass on him than the other 2 defensively minded midfielders, and a better shot.

Drop the captain if you want.  For me I'd revert to the formation used by SC.  On paper a 4 4 2 but in reality its lopsided with Burke on the right and the middle three shuffling as needed, and we then have 2 up top.

Because, as demonstrated in the Hibs game, we are a far more organised side with Dicker in it. Power and Tish do the same job, but no one does what Dicker does. He allows either Tish or Power to push that little further and dictate play because he sits as deep.

Is he the best out the three? Absolutely not. But if we go with Tish and Power, St Johnstone will run right through the middle of us.

16 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

Because, as demonstrated in the Hibs game, we are a far more organised side with Dicker in it. Power and Tish do the same job, but no one does what Dicker does. He allows either Tish or Power to push that little further and dictate play because he sits as deep.

Is he the best out the three? Absolutely not. But if we go with Tish and Power, St Johnstone will run right through the middle of us.

This is the conundrum. Power and Tish definitely the best 2 but as you say both similar and not a pure defensive mid like Dicker. But they should be enough to not get overrun in midfield

24 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

This is the conundrum. Power and Tish definitely the best 2 but as you say both similar and not a pure defensive mid like Dicker. But they should be enough to not get overrun in midfield

If yer playing 442 you won't need a centre Mid pushing forward. You need ball winners and mobility. Dicker suits the three in the centre.

In games like St Johnstone at home the onus is on us to win. Away from home I'd be fine with Power, Dicker, Tish. At home we need to be prepared to have more of the ball and break certain teams down, so I'd be tempted to leave one out. Tricky though as Power plays better with Dicker in the team. 

Maybe it is a 442. With Tish playing narrow from the left and let Haunstrup bomb on SOD style? Would like to see two attackers tho. Kambamba and Brophy/Kiltie/Whitehall. Defo a game we need to go and win. If we do it's been a good start 

3 hours ago, Bullitt said:

If St Johnstone run through the 2 of them. Neither Power not Tish are as good as killie fans think. Because there is no way we should be run right through.