Chris Burke vs Jordan Jones

Ayrshire Killie

17 minutes ago, red_dug said:

Think Burkey has been working hard on his shooting and free kicks too.

Don't remember him having that kind of ping before.

Yeah I kind of noticed that. It's almost a kind of adapting his game to suit his age. 

I was gobsmacked and gutted last night when we had a late corner that he hit the first man with then the 2nd attempt he floated into the keepers arms. Not like him at all

21 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Jones won[t even have 10% of the career Burke has had.

In fact, I'd say Jones has peaked and he'll be dosing about oame s**tehole boozer in Redcar dining off the fact he played for the Huns when he's 30 and playing for Gateshead.

Got to agree by the time Jones is 36 there is no way he will be playing at any decent level. Lots of natural pace and a decent amount of talent if he had Burke's attitude he could be playing at the highest level.

To be fair it’s hard to judge as our ex player has hardly played over the past year ........

Burke’s move to us has been beneficial to him but even more so to us as his excellent and consistent form has been a mainstay in our attacking play , at times he is our only creative spark . Hopefully others can step up and assist this season

Burke’s presence at the club has been beneficial off the park too and you can see how much he still enjoys the game and scoring!

I and am sure many other been pleasantly surprised at how well Burke has performed since joining us and only hope he can continue for as long as possible 

5 hours ago, red_dug said:

Think Burkey has been working hard on his shooting and free kicks too.

Don't remember him having that kind of ping before.

Saw an article with Burke. He spent a lot of time playing football with his son during lockdown and a lot of that time was in improving his free kicks. Certainly seems to be working.

The fact he has been so impressive for us during his time here makes a total mockery of other teams and managers (fill in who you think they are) making our plastic pitch an issue as probably one of the oldest pros playing in our league it obviously doesn't affect him too much top man!