O'Donnell to Motherwell

A real weakness in the international team at right back got him in the side. Not many clubs in the English championship are going to be saying 'A chance to sign a Scottish International right back be still my beating heart' are they? 

He was good but not great and his attitude came into question. To prove the 'Good but not great' argument I'd just point out he'd be fourth choice for Scotland if he'd been a left back! 

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Just scored a belter apparently for Motherwell in Europa league. Why couldn’t he have done that last season 

He missed a sitter early on for us last year. It was a helluva hit for this one.

Dont think any Killie fan can doubt his ability. Only his application 

SOD is a cracking technical footballer, much better then 90% of our current squad in terms of ability.

Recent work-rate and application?  admittedly very poor.  Classic 'mind on the big move' cliche.

He'll have to work for his move in 6 months so I bet Well get a great player out of it and he really fits their squad.

Guaranteed scorer against us too, you just know it.

43 minutes ago, dasboag said:

SOD is a cracking technical footballer, much better then 90% of our current squad in terms of ability.

Recent work-rate and application?  admittedly very poor.  Classic 'mind on the big move' cliche.

He'll have to work for his move in 6 months so I bet Well get a great player out of it and he really fits their squad.

They might be able to offer SoD a better, longer, deal now that they have the Turnbull money. 

11 hours ago, dasboag said:

He was hardly a great player in his last 6 months with us when he was hunting for a move ... why should it change at Motherwell.

• 3 months later...

“Motherwell manager Stephen Robinson is hoping that Stephen O'Donnell's Scotland ambitions will sway the right-back towards committing his future to the Scottish Premiership club beyond the end of his contract in January, reminding the 28-year-old that he owes his recent caps to the Fir Park outfit.” 

(The National)

Good luck with that, Stephen!

He will probably sign another six-month contract with Well but only because he has no better offers.

His next hope will be that he gets selected for the Euros and does well.

But at 29 he’ll be lucky to get a life-changing move. 

Right now his strategy isn’t going well. Too bad since it was over a year in the planning.

Edited by skygod