Richaway vs The World (split from Line up face St Johnstone)

Richaway

Can’t believe that those with season tickets still can’t attend the football.

Probably more folk in Tesco than what we would have spread out in all of our 4 stands.

don't really get what will be different in 1, 2 or 3 months time.

should be an individuals choice to attend or not.

5 hours ago, killieboy87 said:

It should absolutely NOT be an individual's choice over whether to attend or not, regardless of the ridiculous hyperbole about there being several thousand people in Tesco - its been made abundantly clear that plenty of people can't be trusted to obey guidelines as it is. I take it you see nothing wrong with what the Aberdeen 8 or Bolingoli did?

To your question about what will be different in 3 months time? Nothing if we keep behaving like idiots. But I guess the aim is to not have dozens of new cases every day.

Bingo is open, is indoors and predominately old folk many of whom aren’t of the best health. The can chose whether to attend.

football outside so can’t see the reason why individuals can’t decide whether to attend or not.

On 8/13/2020 at 4:25 PM, Richaway said:

Can’t believe that those with season tickets still can’t attend the football.

Probably more folk in Tesco than what we would have spread out in all of our 4 stands.

don't really get what will be different in 1, 2 or 3 months time.

should be an individuals choice to attend or not.

We're now 4mths into this and folk still can't understand the issue of carrying the virus and believe it's their choice to attend and it won't effect anyone else, I despair!

anyway on the game, we've the basis of a decent side. We just need to sort out that attacking option whether it's Kiltie behind Bamba, Brophy up with him etc. We sort that and we'll be fine. Also think over next few weeks Broadfoot will be replaced by Diokamina

Edited by Dan1el

1 minute ago, Dan1el said:

We're now 4mths into this and folk still can't understand the issue of carrying the virus and believe it's their choice to attend and it won't effect anyone else, I despair!

anyway on the game, we've the basis of a decent side.

I can assure you that I am well aware of the virus.

in 2017 the Spanish flu claimed the lives of 65,000 people in the UK but we hardly heard a thing.

my point is what is going to be different from today to next week to next month to next year?

very few people have died of Covid 19 but many have died with it. How many of the People in the numerous clusters we hear about have required hospital treatment.

many have very mild symptoms or none at all.

we hear every day about Covid deaths but at the moment if you are reasonably fit and healthy you are more likely to die in a car crash however the Scottish/UK governments still allow you to drive.

it should be an individuals choice but at the same time be alert, wash hands, use gel, try and keep distance etc which is a lot more than we were told to do in 2017.

The vulnerable can quite rightly remain shielded, those that are paranoid can stay in their house and let the rest of us get on with life and  ensure there is an economy left.

48 minutes ago, Richaway said:

in 2017 the Spanish flu claimed the lives of 65,000 people in the UK but we hardly heard a thing.

my point is what is going to be different from today to next week to next month to next year?

very few people have died of Covid 19 but many have died with it. How many of the People in the numerous clusters we hear about have required hospital treatment.

we hear every day about Covid deaths but at the moment if you are reasonably fit and healthy you are more likely to die in a car crash however the Scottish/UK governments still allow you to drive.

it should be an individuals choice but at the same time be alert, wash hands, use gel, try and keep distance etc which is a lot more than we were told to do in 2017.

The vulnerable can quite rightly remain shielded, those that are paranoid can stay in their house and let the rest of us get on with life and  ensure there is an economy left.

Sorry I forgot the part that dying in a car crash is contagious.

1 hour ago, Richaway said:

Staggeringly selfish statement......

Ok is it Dr Richaway after you've explained the Covid 19 situation to us I personally feel you should have your medical licence revoked,

having known two different people both fit guy's that caught it they have both had very different outcomes one sailed through it and one was put into a medically induced coma to allow his body to fight it, he's been out of hospital for 3 months and still isn't back to full fitness.

So personally i'll wait for the expert's too work out when it's safe for us to go back to the games.

2 hours ago, Richaway said:

you talk the talk but I think you don't walk the walk. totally selfish attitude,

It ceases to be "an individuals choice" when it's a highly contagious virus where people can catch it from you without you even knowing you have it. 

7 minutes ago, KillieDIV said:

It ceases to be "an individuals choice" when it's a highly contagious virus where people can catch it from you without you even knowing you have it. 

So are you staying in the house 24/7?

whys it ok to have a load of folk together in the bingo for example which is indoors but I can’t sit outside at the football well spread out using a one way entry exit system.

as I said those that don’t want to risk it can stay at home and watch on tv.

22 minutes ago, superfan said:

you talk the talk but I think you don't walk the walk. totally selfish attitude,

I can’t walk the walk cause the gov won’t allow it.

as I said before what is the difference today v the Hamilton game next month which I believe may be the targeted game for allowing fans back into the stadium?

Perhaps you can explain the COVID-19 ICU admission data for England and Wales. 

COVID-19 was responsible for twice as many admissions in six months as viral pneumonitis from all causes in three years.

This is despite lockdown and fairly strict ICU admission criteria in certain areas. 

Screenshot_20200815-204134_Word.jpg

Edited by Angelo's Ashes

3 hours ago, Richaway said:

The figure that you've quoted is for the 2017/18 'flu and is the overall estimated mortality for the USA, not the UK. 

Mortality for seasonal 'flu in the UK is based on EuroMOMO estimates for excess mortality. 

The was only estimated at a few thousand in 2017. 

20200815_211042.jpg

Edited by Angelo's Ashes

Why?

i can’t see how wanting to attend events is selfish

i don’t have an issue with those that think it’s too soon. They can stay away if they want.

Because when you get the flu, at ten replications you spread it to roughly 13 people.  With Covid-19, with no restrictions after ten replications you will have spread it to 60k people, that's the difference in veracity.

You also seem to be under the impression that (1) death or (2) total recovery are the only two outcomes.  Covid-19 causes circulatory problems, lung damage, heart damage, clotting problems, chronic fatigue, and nerve damage.  These are not trivial nor are they symptoms that pass on recovery from the virus itself.

You seem to be, somewhat strangely, arguing that because the restrictions have prevented infections and deaths, therefore the restrictions should be abandoned.

The reason it can't be left to individual choice is because of you.  You cannot be trusted to take this seriously.  You either can't or, out of seemingly some obtuse sense of self-importance, won't understand the veracity of this virus.

Edited by Lorielus