St Johnstone Match Fred

C4mmy31

6 minutes ago, KFCDJ said:

Today saw two bad individual errors lead to goals. The McGowan (lack of) a clearance and the Findlay blind pass (Yes, Rogers could have done better, but I think that would only be expected of a very good keeper). Those errors were as a result of pressure from the opposition, which was a result of a daft/unfortunate red card. If the red card hadn't have happened, the other two errors wouldn't have happened either. Millen deserved his place in the starting lineup and the red was mostly a rush of blood to the head. Without the red, it would have been three points to Killie.

If the ref had a head on his shoulders in the previous game, that would have been another three points to Killie. So let's not lay the blame too squarely at Dyer's door because I'm not really sure what he could have done differently to alter the results of the last two games.

Spot on

8 minutes ago, Stuart said:

100% he shouldn’t have put Rogers in that position but Rogers should have been on his toes more, keeper doesn’t look as if he inspires confidence 

We absolutely need a first choice goalkeeper. I can’t believe our number one priority signing since the break still needs to be properly addressed. 

We can blame Dyer, the players, the ref, whoever, however the facts are we have only taken 2 points out of 12.

With Gers game next week likely to be 2 points out of 15. Utd game and Hamilton in September are now already massive games. Lose them and we are in big trouble. 

At the moment I would settle for 10th place at the end of the season the way we are playing just now.  

Edited by Steppskillie

Two stupid defensive errors cost us the game, it wasn't as if St. Johnstone looked overly threatening, but Rogers doesn't give me much confidence. Not going to jump on the sack Dyer bandwagon yet but there's a few issues he needs to sort out. If he doesn't then we're in big trouble. Haunstrup made a difference on Wednesday but didn't get a start today. He isn't going to sit on the bench here after leaving Portsmouth for game time. 

12 minutes ago, wallace blair said:

A very short pre season and a 2 friendlies and he keeps the same team to play 3hard games in 7days and its only the forth game too, just baffling 

And he always appear reluctant to use subs. He doesn’t seem to have capacity to change the way the team are set up. When we went down to 10 we just went to 4-3-1 with Pinnock coming off and sat deeper and deeper. 

Edited by historyman

33 minutes ago, LS180312 said:

Hibs - Eastwood error 

Celtic - Rogers error 

county - penalty 

St J - Millen, McGowan and Findlay errors

I assumed Broadfoot was at fault for them all the way some people go on about him?! 

I’m all for pulling people up if they make mistakes but credit when it’s due FFS.

Edited by Monk

2 minutes ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

By contrast, Hibs now playing Motherwell (who are a far more dangerous side than St Johnstone) and have included Boyle, Doidge, Horgan and Nisbet in the team. That's how you try and win games instead of trying to survive.

Hibs also have a lot more money than Killie. Money they can spaff on forward like Nisbett. They're also playing at home against a pretty (so far) poor-looking 'Well, having picked up 9 points from 9. It's not exactly a direct comparison.

That's a sickener. 

All the more so, and it will be forgotten in the rightful anger, when Tsh scores we had bossed possession, were far and away the better side and had lots of chances. 

Absolutely no doubt in my mind we would win without the Millen red card. Nothing whatsoever Dyer can do about that. He wasn't under pressure, it wasnt the system at fault or last ditch - it was just mindless. 

Deeply frustratring too that quite a few of the issues we have had have been exposed more from injuries. Brophy has been a miss with the hamstring injury. McKenzie would have been exactly the player you want when down to ten men. 

I'm not panicking, and I don't think this side looks anything like as bad as the results suggest (I know, I know that doesn't matter, we need wins..)

But there is a worrying sense that something isn't quite right with Dyer as boss. It's not necessarily in some of the defendable decisions he makes, there's just something missing around the squad overall. 

9 minutes ago, McDicken'sLeftPeg said:

By contrast, Hibs now playing Motherwell (who are a far more dangerous side than St Johnstone) and have included Boyle, Doidge, Horgan and Nisbet in the team. That's how you try and win games instead of trying to survive.

Spend the best part of a million quid you mean? 

It's getting to the stage when I'm quite relieved when KTV goes down. Negative negative negative pass pass pass error error error. Still no creativity, team full of plodders, bench full of unknowns. Is there no one in the squad capable of getting out of the defensive straightjacket and causing the opposition some problems. Does AD want them to be creative footballers or defensive robots. Where is the next goal going to come from. So predictable in everything they do.

We haven’t had a win in 9 games. If you look at Dyer’s record since taking over as manager it is long enough to reach a conclusion on his ability. St Mirren have improved, Dundee Utd look like a decent team. Unless there are changes it looks like we’ll be fighting relegation with Hamilton.

If Dyer hadn’t been assistant under Clarke would we have appointed him given the only teams he’d managed were Welling (on a caretaker basis) and Whitehawk? 

He may be a nice guy but it’s not a nice guy we need it’s an experienced manager with a decent track record. 

We also have an ageing squad and a number of players should have been replaced. 

Edited by MarkyMark