St Johnstone Match Fred

C4mmy31

7 minutes ago, DuncD said:

SC babysat him? He’s as experienced as you get surely 

Don't understand your point.

The suggestion was that AD needs a more experienced assistant. 

SC appointed AD as his assistant, a quite different relationship.

Edited by skygod

Waters has started very well, however, we have very limited creativity in the team and the left side is poor going forward. Most attacking moves come down the right.

I would like to see Haunstrup get a start at full back to see if he is prepared to push up the park a bit more and give a bit more support to Pinnock/McKenzie

I sat and had a watch at the highlights. Few things I took from it.

I don’t think Burke should have had a penalty. What did the pundits say? Kabamba should have. On the SPFL YouTube You see where Dallas is. It’s a terrible decision. Still think the big man could have done better. For the foul leading up to the Findlay free kick what are the current rules on last man/ clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity. If Rooney doesn’t foul the only person getting near the hall is Pinnock. We need to be more clinical. Created decent opportunities but didn’t take them.

Our second half started as a tale of two bad touches. A poor is touch from Pinnock set up Tish. A bad first touch from Millen draws a desperate tackle. No malice in it just desperate to make up for his error.

The defending at the end gets worse every time you see it. McGowan has two chances to clear and fluffs both of them. For the second either Broadfoot or Findlay has to take charge and just defend that. No thinking about laying back to the keeper just get it away. Having said that the keeper needs to be expecting it.

Its hard to blame the manager given all the individual errors. Only thing I really noticed was we stayed quite open until the very end. We didn’t sit with two banks of four and ask Brophy to press. When you see the second goal the midfield and fullbacks are very high up the park. 

18 minutes ago, piffer said:

.......Only thing I really noticed was we stayed quite open until the very end. We didn’t sit with two banks of four and ask Brophy to press. When you see the second goal the midfield and fullbacks are very high up the park. 

I said elsewhere that the game was petering out for a draw - Saints’ attack had blown itself out and we were seeing the game out comfortably. 

That's why it was all the more galling that we handed them the win. 

I think Findlay kept the ball alive so we could have another attack. I disagree though about neither he nor Broadfoot taking command - Findlay took command and Broadfoot responded, avoiding a Miller/Hansen v. USSR in 1982 World Cup type collision!  

I don’t know if it’s been mentioned previously but one thing I noticed at the 2nd goal was a soon as Findlay went across to the ball, straight away O’Halloran was anticipating the short pass back pass and raced to attempted to cut it out. Waters was to busy watching the ball and lost awareness of what was around him and by the time he realised it was too late.

I’m not blaming Waters for the goal but if he was more switched on he could have possibly cut out the O’Halloran run, but it’s these wee lapses in concentration that can make all difference 

Why were both Broadfoot and Findlay pulled over to the touchline, Broadfoot had him covered, Findlay ran across him and made that stupid passback to keeper. 

Let Broadfoot deal with it and if he doesn't, then Findlay can make challenge.

Mistake is Findlays.

55 minutes ago, piffer said:

I don’t think Burke should have had a penalty. What did the pundits say? Kabamba should have. On the SPFL YouTube You see where Dallas is. It’s a terrible decision. Still think the big man could have done better. For the foul leading up to the Findlay free kick what are the current rules on last man/ clear and obvious goal scoring opportunity. If Rooney doesn’t foul the only person getting near the hall is Pinnock. We need to be more clinical. Created decent opportunities but didn’t take them.

Our second half started as a tale of two bad touches. A poor is touch from Pinnock set up Tish. A bad first touch from Millen draws a desperate tackle. No malice in it just desperate to make up for his error.

The defending at the end gets worse every time you see it. McGowan has two chances to clear and fluffs both of them. For the second either Broadfoot or Findlay has to take charge and just defend that. No thinking about laying back to the keeper just get it away. Having said that the keeper needs to be expecting it.

Its hard to blame the manager given all the individual errors. Only thing I really noticed was we stayed quite open until the very end. We didn’t sit with two banks of four and ask Brophy to press. When you see the second goal the midfield and fullbacks are very high up the park. 

YourE right on the second goal.  Both Broadfoot and Finlay were in the right back position. Where was McGowan? When it’s 1-1 in the last minute and you are down to 10 men your full back shouldn’t be up the pitch. He’s right in front of the dugout - what instructions, if any, was he getting from them? Crazy crazy goal to lose with literally seconds remaining. 

15 minutes ago, GCM said:

Why were both Broadfoot and Findlay pulled over to the touchline, Broadfoot had him covered, Findlay ran across him and made that stupid passback to keeper. 

Let Broadfoot deal with it and if he doesn't, then Findlay can make challenge.

Mistake is Findlays.

Definitely Findlays mistake. 

If he’s going to charge at the ball like that for no reason then he needs to put it into row z of the Frank Beattie rather than trying a daft pass back. 

30 minutes ago, skygod said:

I said elsewhere that the game was petering out for a draw - Saints’ attack had blown itself out and we were seeing the game out comfortably. 

That's why it was all the more galling that we handed them the win. 

I think Findlay kept the ball alive so we could have another attack. I disagree though about neither he nor Broadfoot taking command - Findlay took command and Broadfoot responded, avoiding a Miller/Hansen v. USSR in 1982 World Cup type collision!  

Another attack? We hadn’t had one in about 25 mins. It was lunacy from Finlay, Broadfoot was blameless. He boots it out the park and it’s probably full time. 

I watched the second half again on Alba on Saturday night and, although it was late, it didn’t seem to be quite the backs-to-the-wall Alamo that you’ve described several times. 

I think the last action before the goal was a powerful shot by Power which went past the post.

But I agree that Findlay was guilty of a rush of blood and should have left it to Broadfoot to mop up, especially in the last 30 secs of added time. 

Edited by skygod

All I can remember from the last 25 minutes is our complete inability to hold on to the ball for more than a few seconds and us sitting deeper and deeper - which is quite ironic given they scored the winner when our defence were higher up the pitch than they been since the sending off. It was Aberdeen in the cup all over again. 

39 minutes ago, skygod said:

I watched the second half again on Alba on Saturday night and, although it was late, it didn’t seem to be quite the backs-to-the-wall Alamo that you’ve described several times. 

Completely agree with this. 

Irony being that I think part of the reason Findlay was so nonchalant with the back pass is that both teams had accepted a draw at that point. 

The only two signings we’ve made that judgement can be passed on are Rogers & Tishbola. One isn’t premier league std and the other has stamped his authority in our midfield. The rest have only played 2 or less games so too early to comment. 

An established reliable number 1 keeper is absolutely crucial to our season now. 

Saw this about a player from AL.Madrid, Thought i could translate it to Broadfoot from Sat. For a laugh.

Tackle Success: 100%

Dribble Success: 100%

Passing Accuracy: 92%

Joint-most Touches: 99 Joint-most

Clearances: 5 Ground Duels Won: 6/7

Aerial Duels Won: 3/4

---------------------------------------------------------

BROADFOOT:

Attempts at a Tackle......4 x swipes , 2 X Crunches and a step over.

Dribble success .... 0 But twice stood on the ball , 1 X kicked his other leg.

Passing accuracy ...21% .... 17 Lumps up the park (one ast Goal) l , Two clearance Hoofs, 6 punts above 100 feet.

Touches 52 .....27 with feet , 10 with forehead , 6 with right ear , 4 with knee , 5 with various parts of body. (Good this week)

Ground duels won 9/8 ....Two calling for  square go, Reduced opponets to tears 2, 3 X Comon then challange. Ran over oppenent twice.

Aerial duals won.... 8/8 Never misses a Header the big man headbutted the ball and opponent all 8 times

Skiils only Broadfoot has.......

Chasing down an opponent....3 times a FW got past him, But he recovered to chase after him screaming " YaaaDirty, Ahh Basturd am gona get yee"

Arm waving leading to sucessfull short pass.......Both left and right arms were used to full effect and short 5 yards passes were 80% success.

Legs a kimbo .... Big man chasing back and failing to get there , Once leading to Findlay getting their first and the rest is History.

Screaming incohearently and thumping the pitch.......Once after the winning SJ goal.....Great loss of self control , Was last seen chewing the plastic pitch.

Edited by Bigdaw

10 minutes ago, Bigdaw said:

Saw this about a player from AL.Madrid, Thought i could translate it to Broadfoot from Sat. For a laugh.

Tackle Success: 100%

Dribble Success: 100%

Passing Accuracy: 92%

Joint-most Touches: 99 Joint-most

Clearances: 5 Ground Duels Won: 6/7

Aerial Duels Won: 3/4

---------------------------------------------------------

BROADFOOT:

Attempts at a Tackle......4 x swipes , 2 X Crunches and a step over.

Dribble success .... 0 But twice stood on the ball , 1 X kicked his other leg.

Passing accuracy ...21% .... 17 Lumps up the park (one ast Goa) l , Two clearance Hoofs, 6 punts above 100 feet.

Touches 52 .....27 with feet , 10 with forehead , 6 with right ear , 4 with knee , 5 with various parts of body. (Good this week)

Ground duels won 9/8 ....Two calling for  square go, R

ha ha that's actually quite funny providing it was meant as a bit of humour.

On 8/17/2020 at 9:39 AM, piffer said:

we were lucky with the long ball from Broadfoot as it went  over Kabamba head and landed close to Pinnock , As you say who took a heavy touch and Tish rolled it in.

1 hour ago, historyman said:

On Saturday absolutely. The mistakes they both made for the goals were amateurish. 

Doesn’t suit the narrative. 

Not suggesting Broadfoot is a better player than Findlay in slightest or even merits to be at Kilmarnock football club after leaving us but Findlay’s mistakes in the past have cost us big time.

That pass on Saturday is unforgiving. To even think about passing it instead of just lumping it is concerning. Should know better. 

2 hours ago, mitch14 said:

Watching St Johnstone v Aberdeen has brought all my frustration back to the surface. Such a rubbish team and we messed it up. Aberdeen look blunter than us with all those injuries. 

Was interesting that Davidson seem to be getting a fair bit of praise for what he’s done. The analysis pre match showed they had been gifted their points. An error from Mark Connolly got them a point at United and then two howlers from us got them the win vs us. Suppose it’s points on the board that counts as the league table doesn’t mention performances.