St Johnstone Match Fred

C4mmy31

57 minutes ago, piffer said:

Was interesting that Davidson seem to be getting a fair bit of praise for what he’s done. The analysis pre match showed they had been gifted their points. An error from Mark Connolly got them a point at United and then two howlers from us got them the win vs us. Suppose it’s points on the board that counts as the league table doesn’t mention performances. 

They were 1-0 down away to Dundee United and down to 10 men and fought back for a point. 
We were 1-0 up at home to them when we down to 10 men and we made a total arse of it and ended up with nothing. 
As for getting lucky goals their defending at our goal on Saturday was almost as bad as our defending at the two we lost. 

Edited by historyman

8 hours ago, historyman said:

And having taken 1 point out of 6 against Ross County and St Johnstone. 
We need to stop making excuses for where we are. If we are bottom after 5 games it’s because we are not picking up enough points. End of. 

I never said it was anything else, but to say its scary is a little melodramatic.

We shouldve been home and hosed against County and only have ourselves to blame for not taking all three points (abysmal refereeing aside).  Against Saints we shot ourselves in the foot three times, out fault).

But if were bottom we will have played the top 3 sides in the league, and will therefore have more winnable games to come.  If we don't win any or are srill bottom after the first i or 8 games then we need to do something about it.  Until then folk need to untwist their nickers.

2 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Again no one said it did, but there is something called context, and there plenty on here got their nickers in a twist by ignoring the context.

Calm the fk doon man! Context won’t matter at 1645 on Saturday. Plenty on here will be getting slightly worried at the lack of points. No knickers twisted yet BK71.

14 minutes ago, muza1962 said:

Calm the fk doon man! Context won’t matter at 1645 on Saturday. Plenty on here will be getting slightly worried at the lack of points. No knickers twisted yet BK71.

I am calm  and context is important.  If were still in the same place after playing Livi, Accies, etc. Then were in the s**t.  Just now we've dropped 5 points definitelt which we should have gained but for a mixture of anysmal refereeing and bombscare defending and brain farms from our back 4.

Its individual errors that have led to all but one of the goals against us, from experienced players as well.  They need to step up and im confident they will and we will be comfortable this year.

The problem with us spilling points early in the season is that it puts pressure on us to get points and more importantly wins in the next games. Motherwell and probably livi will come good. St Mirren, Dundee Utd and County are off to flyers. We have been in this position before and all is OK in the end but this is going to be a tough season. Under Dyer we have shown we can go 5 or 6 games losing straight and our away record is honking. Don't expect anything from Rangers so we need to be picking up a win against Dundee Utd before going to Pittodrie to play jammy Aberdeen 

1 hour ago, Beaker71 said:

I am calm  and context is important.  If were still in the same place after playing Livi, Accies, etc. Then were in the s**t.  Just now we've dropped 5 points definitelt which we should have gained but for a mixture of anysmal refereeing and bombscare defending and brain farms from our back 4.

Its individual errors that have led to all but one of the goals against us, from experienced players as well.  They need to step up and im confident they will and we will be comfortable this year.

I don’t get this ‘we’ve had a really hard start argument. Our start hasn’t been any more difficult than St Johnstone or Livy for example. 

36 minutes ago, kfc_superteam said:

The problem with us spilling points early in the season is that it puts pressure on us to get points and more importantly wins in the next games. Motherwell and probably livi will come good. St Mirren, Dundee Utd and County are off to flyers. We have been in this position before and all is OK in the end but this is going to be a tough season. Under Dyer we have shown we can go 5 or 6 games losing straight and our away record is honking. Don't expect anything from Rangers so we need to be picking up a win against Dundee Utd before going to Pittodrie to play jammy Aberdeen 

Dundee United looks like it will be a very important game. I certainly expected the team to be going into it with more than 2 pts so a wee bonus tomorrow would be very welcome. 

1 hour ago, historyman said:

I don’t get this ‘we’ve had a really hard start argument. Our start hasn’t been any more difficult than St Johnstone or Livy for example. 

Our first 4 is similar to Livi although we’ve had Celtic at home rather than Rangers (arguably far more difficult) and Hibs away rather than at home (more difficult again). Ross County away more difficult than St Mirren. Although them playing Motherwell is probably more difficult than St J. Although St Johnstone’s recent form is better than Well’s. 

I would probably say our first 4 has been as difficult if not more difficult than any other side. Certainly our first 5. I think Dyer deserves the first round of fixtures and if results haven’t improved it may well be time to go.

46 minutes ago, historyman said:

If were still in the same place after playing Livi, Accies, etc. Then were in the s**t. 

From that wouldn’t you say it’s reasonable to assume you expect us to beat Livingston? 

nope the etc. Was the context in the post, but as you've already stated xintexr to you is irrelevant.

• Lroy locked and unlocked this topic