Angelo Alessio

1 hour ago, Ngonge88 said:

See all this we need a creative midfielder then Dyer will a king. 

We've needed a creative midfielder since January 2019. We are know over a year and a half later n still dont have one.

What makes us think this window is going to be any different 

I don't think Dyer has even the remotest of plans to sign a creative mid

11 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

I’m not a happy clapper at all. I think Dyer needs to buck his ideas up rapidly or else we are in serious trouble. 

But it is four games into the season and the teams around us are hardly stringing consistent positive results together. I think everyone should just take a bit of a breather and give Dyer a bit more time. 

Dyer has been in charge for 19 games, not 4

8 hours ago, bute-killiefan said:

Dyer has been in charge for 19 games, not 4

Genuinely don't mean this as a confrontational question - I'm interested in what posters think - but what weight do you give to the stint last season? 

By which I mean, how much leeway do you give Dyer for where the team was, how badly run the club was, how poor the transfers were etc etc. 

I don't mean that as a loaded thing - I appreciate fans will have different views. But I am slightly surprised that so many people judge that stint in the same way they would a manager having a full preseason, regular transfer window, not coming in the wake of one of the best managers in the clubs history etc etc

I think I land on the recruitment being terrible and from what I gather than not being Dyers fault, or not sustantially Dyers fault. 

I think the squad that was there was a bit of a burden because binning guys like Branescu, El Mek etc would have been tricky, and necessary free up wages.

Morale after Alessio and the European hangover seemed to be at rock bottom. 

I also genuinely think any manager would have struggled with the lack of options we had. One left back. Two strikers. No creative player. No back up winger....

But even with all that, the games where we did have a semi competent squad weren't quite good enough. I suspect we were headed towarda if not quite all the way to 11th.

It leads me to give Dyer a bit longer this season. But I might be giving him too much leeway and all we need to know was there last season. Difficult to know. 

9 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

He’s been in charge for four games as permanent manager where he has had a chance to build his own squad. 

‘I can only imagine AD shagged your mum’. 

I thought AD was made permanent manager to the end of last season after 3 or 4 games are caretaker. I might be wrong though.

17 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

He’s been in charge for four games as permanent manager where he has had a chance to build his own squad. 

‘I can only imagine AD shagged your mum’. 

Dyer was permanent after the st Mirren shambles. He has also had 2 transfer windows. 

His win % includes getting beat off 10 men of hamilton. So we cant keep saying he has had it tough. 

Any further poor excuses?

1 minute ago, Ngonge88 said:

Dyer was permanent after the st Mirren shambles. He has also had 2 transfer windows. 

His win % includes getting beat off 10 men of hamilton. So we cant keep saying he has had it tough. 

Any further poor excuses?

Look at my last post. 

I am not saying that Dyer is immune to criticism, like I said earlier on - which everyone bar Guff92 to his credit, seems to conveniently ignore - Dyer does deserve criticism because we have been poor. My point, which has been highlighted in your post and the other folk who are raging, is that he HAS and IS being criticised so this idea that he is getting an easy ride compared to AA is nonsense. 

I do still think Dyer needs more time. Our performances are much better than under people like GL and LM and I am certain we will start picking up wins soon enough. If we don’t, then he has to go but I will give him more time. 

18 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Genuinely don't mean this as a confrontational question - I'm interested in what posters think - but what weight do you give to the stint last season? 

By which I mean, how much leeway do you give Dyer for where the team was, how badly run the club was, how poor the transfers were etc etc. 

I don't mean that as a loaded thing - I appreciate fans will have different views. But I am slightly surprised that so many people judge that stint in the same way they would a manager having a full preseason, regular transfer window, not coming in the wake of one of the best managers in the clubs history etc etc

I think I land on the recruitment being terrible and from what I gather than not being Dyers fault, or not sustantially Dyers fault. 

I think the squad that was there was a bit of a burden because binning guys like Branescu, El Mek etc would have been tricky, and necessary free up wages.

Morale after Alessio and the European hangover seemed to be at rock bottom. 

I also genuinely think any manager would have struggled with the lack of options we had. One left back. Two strikers. No creative player. No back up winger....

But even with all that, the games where we did have a semi competent squad weren't quite good enough. I suspect we were headed towarda if not quite all the way to 11th.

It leads me to give Dyer a bit longer this season. But I might be giving him too much leeway and all we need to know was there last season. Difficult to know. 

This is pretty much my thoughts. 

How much leeway do you give Alessio for coming into the club when he did, working in a foreign country, unfamiliar surroundings, language barrier.

Dyer knew the players, was at the club, knew the strength and weaknesses, knew the league,  the players wanted him to take over. All of these things should have enhanced the team performance.

You can only look at the evidence over a series of games. We might have had a collapse under Alessio. We might have faced relegation but can anyone say it is working under Dyer given the evidence of points per game, lack of clean sheets etc? 

He has signed players. He has had a pre season. He has had enough time to work with players on the training pitch. Where is the evidence that we are improving. Performances may look better but we aren’t picking up points or keeping clean sheets. 

Dyer was a defender in his playing days yet we haven’t managed to keep one clean sheet. If we stop losing goals we gain at least one point per game. 

Edited by MarkyMark

We have played well in every game this season.

Unfortunately bad individual mistakes in 2 out of the 4 games has cost us.

Dyer will need to start picking up a few wins as it's points (not performances) that make prizes.

As for Alessio. He was a clown and nobody will be able to convince me otherwise.

1 minute ago, MarkyMark said:

How much leeway do you give Alessio for coming into the club when he did, working in a foreign country, unfamiliar surroundings, language barrier.

Dyer knew the players, was at the club, knew the strength and weaknesses, knew the league,  the players wanted him to take over. All of these things should have enhanced the team performance.

You can only look at the evidence over a series of games. We might have had a collapse under Alessio. We might have faced relegation but can anyone say it is working under Dyergiven the evidence of pints per game, lack of clean sheets etc? 

He was a defender in his playing days yet we haven’t managed to keep one clean sheet. If we stop losing goals we can at least one point. 

Alex Dyer was a winger. 

11 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Technically he was. However, he’s only had his first pre-season and a chance to build the squad this season. 

Actually, he was.

He had a transfer window.

I agree this is his first pre-season.

I want Dyer to succeed. I hope he will succeed. His record to date does not bode well.

Just now, Lions13 said:

Actually, he was.

He had a transfer window.

I agree this is his first pre-season.

I want Dyer to succeed. I hope he will succeed. His record to date does not bode well.

You’re right he did have a transfer window but that’s not a chance to build his own squad. The squad at that point was still filled with loan signings from the previous manager and regardless of that, the January window is not a window in which you build a squad. 

Dyer was also Alessio's assistant and in the absence of Fowler at that time surely had some influence on the signings, in fact was El Makrini not signed prior to Alessio taking over.

Surely under Alessio, even though he was not in charge Dyer must have been thinking if it was me in charge I would be strengthening certain positions.

But the January window was wasted.

50 minutes ago, Twonky65 said:

We have played well in every game this season.

Unfortunately bad individual mistakes in 2 out of the 4 games has cost us.

Dyer will need to start picking up a few wins as it's points (not performances) that make prizes.

As for Alessio. He was a clown and nobody will be able to convince me otherwise.

We conceded goals due to individual mistakes in 3 out of the 4 games and none of that can be laid at Dyer's door .... how much time we can afford to wait on it being turned around is a different matter.

Twonky65---As for Alessio. He was a clown and nobody will be able to convince me otherwise.

Thats a bit harsh...the players couldn't play his style of Football..or didn't have the skills to play his style of football..things might have turned out different if they had...

1 hour ago, chubbs said:

We conceded goals due to individual mistakes in 3 out of the 4 games and none of that can be laid at Dyer's door .... 

I'm not sure it's as cut and dried as this.

Individual errors can often be attributed to lack of concentration/focus, energy levels, work ethic, self-belief etc...all of which can be improved by good coaching and management.

I really wanted AA to work out because I'm a Killie fan and I saw him as an antidote to outdated attitudes in Scottish football. 

I really want AD to work out because I'm a Killie fan. It really isn't an either or and when you look at the last 15 years or so the bottom half of the league is our norm. 

The stats and our failure to keep clean sheets under AD are pretty damming especially with the number of defensive minded players he puts out on the pitch. Though I'd give AD the full first round of matches I wouldn't bet on things improving much if at all. 

If I was him after Ibrox I'd be going with more attacking approach on the basis he may as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb! 

22 minutes ago, Harrogate Peter said:

The stats and our failure to keep clean sheets under AD are pretty damming

The overall stats make me think in wrong about this, but I'm not convinced they are necessarily damming - 

The two goals at Tynecastle were directly down to Branescu. We were defending brilliantly and ripping Hearts to bits. 

Two goals we conceded to Accies were thirty yard strikes that went straight through our keeper. I don't think the players really sat off or gave too much space. 

Second Accies game was a last minute penalty. 

Two free kicks against Motherwell were embarrassing goalkeeping in otherwise excellent defensive performances against a good Well side.

Vigurs goal for County in the home game was s**te goalkeeping in an otherwise really good Killie performance. 

On that stat alone I think there's a wee bit of mitigation for Dyer. 

But this season the errors speaks to bad judgment in terms of the goalkeepers and sticking with certain defenders I think. 

It comes back to the fact that there is something - be it leadership, or a spark - just missing so far. 

And its annoying, because I really thought we were going to kick on after that goal on Saturday. 

Edited by mitch14

2 hours ago, kilm53 said:

Twonky65---As for Alessio. He was a clown and nobody will be able to convince me otherwise.

Thats a bit harsh...the players couldn't play his style of Football..or didn't have the skills to play his style of football..things might have turned out different if they had...

The second comment above sums it all up. We were all aware that the players he had available didn't have the skills to play his style of football. So unless he had millions to bring players in that could play his style what was the point. He was totally unsuited for a Scottish club,  It was a case that BB believed his own hype and felt he required a marque appointment.

28 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

The overall stats make me think in wrong about this, but I'm not convinced they are necessarily damming - 

The two goals at Tynecastle were directly down to Branescu. We were defending brilliantly and ripping Hearts to bits. 

Two goals we conceded to Accies were thirty yard strikes that went straight through our keeper. I don't think the players really sat off or gave too much space. 

Second Accies game was a last minute penalty. 

Two free kicks against Motherwell were embarrassing goalkeeping in otherwise excellent defensive performances against a good Well side.

Vigurs goal for County in the home game was s**te goalkeeping in an otherwise really good Killie performance. 

On that stat alone I think there's a wee bit of mitigation for Dyer. 

But this season the errors speaks to bad judgment in terms of the goalkeepers and sticking with certain defenders I think. 

It comes back to the fact that there is something - be it leadership, or a spark - just missing so far. 

And its annoying, because I really thought we were going to kick on after that goal on Saturday. 

Specifically from this though. The hearts goalkeeper that night gifted us at least 2.

Again it's the old argument about having fear/confidence about making those saves. The manager coaching and having you mentally and physically believing you can make that save. And the fear of if you make a mike hunt of the save the gaffer will have you Bawz kicked the following morning.