Going to be a long hard season....

boydiesback

3 hours ago, TLC said:

Hamilton look like they will finally go this season, which may well be our saving grace.

With the squad we’ve built we should be certainly competing for the top 6. Anything less must be considered a failure. 

We will play well against Hamilton but lose two or more goals to "silly blunders" drop another 3 points. AD will come out in the after game interview and talk about "working harder" and "not letting ourselves down".

Many on here will defend him and say we were just unlucky and if we get a win in the next few games we can cut the gap to the playoff spot to only 6 points. Furthermore they will say Brophy will be back for our final 5 games in the bottom 6 and if we win all those and other results go our way we could make 10th. 

3 hours ago, TLC said:

Hamilton look like they will finally go this season, which may well be our saving grace.

I think this at some point every season but they always seem to dig out unlikely wins from somewhere. If we think we can rely on them being even worse than us, then we are in really deep trouble.

4 minutes ago, Richie242KFC said:

funny how all of a sudden millen and waters (back ups to players who've since left) were deemed good enough and 2 players who were brought in probably on decent wages have barely had a sniff  

To be fair Millen and waters have had consistently good performances since being brought into the team. 

1 hour ago, Galdunc11 said:

Is AD not persisting with just Kabamba up front simply because Brophy is injured? When fit he will go with those two in most games. 

If that's the case then why have we given Greg Kiltie a new contract? If we have to change the system because our back-up strikers aren't good enough then it makes no sense that Kiltie has been kept on. It's not as though he's an unknown quantity. 

Why not free up his wages and bring in someone capable of challenging for a first team place?

Edited by Angelo's Ashes

It feels a bit as if we are on the Hearts bandwagon. When they got back up to the top league they had everything going for them, but a series of really poor decisions on the football front has left them where they are. Some of their decisions e.g young talented coach working with experienced DoF seemed fine at the the time, but in hindsight, perhaps related to the personnel involved turned out to be hugely flawed. 

Killie also had everything going for them up until about 18 months ago.The Steve Clarke era should have provided a massive opportunity to get our house in order, but I think our current issues stem back to the lack of preparation for his departure and the delay in making a new appointment. Since then it appears to be one bad decision after another. 

hopefully we are not this season’s Hearts.

6 hours ago, Galdunc11 said:

Is AD not persisting with just Kabamba up front simply because Brophy is injured? When fit he will go with those two in most games. 

I think this is spot on. He went with the two often enough last season. I think that's the plan with crosses coming in from deep. 

4 hours ago, CYRILLRIP said:

but a series of really poor decisions on the football front

Yes there is a strong parallel in that regard. Board decisions. Alex is the scape goat in all this. A nice guy trying his best but out of his depth (unless the goal is to keep up with hamilton and Livingston) appointed by a board that are not competent to make such decisions it seems. Yes, we should be eternally grateful for the funds that have propped the club up but doesn’t mean we have the right leaders and decision makers at the helm to shape the future. Things could barely have been handled any worse since steve clarke first indicated he was unsettled.

Firstly “what does it take to keep him”? More money? Probably not. “Seat on the board”? Unlikely. Allow him to manage scotland part time ? Maybe discussed. Keep him on as a non executive director? Build a house for he and his wife. Give him couple of days off a week to get down south. Only board know what was tried to keep the great man in some capacity. I’d have sold my granny to keep him involved and if I’d had to camp out at his house in a tent for a month I’d have been reluctant to accept “no”. Maybe BB did the same. I hope he did.

After we had to accept he was not going to be involved in any way, who replaces him.? Even if many of the names connected with us at the time were a little fanciful, there is no doubt that was our point of maximum leverage to get a star name in a continue the momentum. Enter the chapter “a series of unfortunate incidents - or how to blow a once in a generation chance”. Embarrassing, amateurish, damaging. From Steve Clarke gladiatorial address to the assembled ranks of the killie army, to the shame of Saturday. What a demise. Bad decision, worse decision. No decisions. From old firm fans actually looking out killie results to now st mirren fans mocking us.

Of course it could change. It may turn around. But who really, really believes it will? I really want to.