Stuart Findlay

Stefanus

1 minute ago, Pride_of_ayrshire said:

Think its more of less confident in his keeper.

Fair point.

I just didn't understand his decision today to come across to get a ball that was clearly Broadfoot's. Struck me he felt he needed to cover for him just in case. Of course, it could just be a rush of blood to the head.

8 minutes ago, Lions13 said:

Fair point.

I just didn't understand his decision today to come across to get a ball that was clearly Broadfoot's. Struck me he felt he needed to cover for him just in case. Of course, it could just be a rush of blood to the head.

That's my thinking as well ... he didn't trust Broadfoot to see it out.

10 minutes ago, skygod said:

Wrong!

He played two minutes of the 3-1 win over Ross County on 1 February! 

I also remember the game at Tynecastle, us winning comfortably 3-0. Findlay goes off in the 66th min for Broadfoot the boom!!! Defensive implosion and the game finished 3-2 where we hung on for the win.

3 hours ago, Lions13 said:

Does Findlay perhaps feel less confident in his defensive partner? 

With DDF he may have felt he could fully trust him to do his job. Now he might feel that he has to do his job and cover for Broadfoot.

This. Especially the mistake today. It wasn't his side but he felt the need to go over to that side to deal with the threat and obviously screwed it up.

If your confident in your CB partner to deal with his side then it lets the individual concentrate on their own game.

Currently it feels like the side don't trust each other to simply do their own jobs (which was the cornerstone to the SSC revolution) they are trying to compensate and do more but are failing at the basics.