WTF Moments with Super Killie away

Bigdaw

1 hour ago, DrewWylie said:

this forum is full of s**t bags , these dicks on here moan that they can’t sit in there allocated seat or someone is standing and they can’t see 

Loving the irony here. You do realise that you are on here as much as anyone therefore you are one of the “dicks on here”?

Going for a world record  Monday Club by the looks of things! Time for bed Drew.

10 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

big man , watch what your saying about the good old days following us , the fights , the looting ,the madness because this forum is full of s**t bags , these dicks on here moan that they can’t sit in there allocated seat or someone is standing and they can’t see , back in the day watching killie was brilliant , mayhem but absolute class , yes we got smashed by teams off the park sometimes but other days we smashed teams as well , brilliant days , but sadly because of snowflake boring PC folk those days are gone ——- but not forgotten 

10 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

How would you know..... you were like Usain Bolt at the first hint of trouble.

I can honestly say , I played Rugby , Football and could run pretty fast as a young man. But i have never ran as fast as i did when hundreds of Hibs fans encouraged us back to our Busses in the above post. This was after we had been cornered and pelted back all sorts of bottles, Rocks and various objects. The Copper i mention stood his ground on his own and swished his batton like a mad Highlander from Braveheart. When the Bus Stewart was counting the numbers on the Bus , It was as if he was checking who was still alive.

9 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Thanks my maths was correct, we scored a lot of goals that season, I was top scorer in the league with about 32 inc cup and Frank McDougall had about 28, but our defence was not as tight as Killies. I actually scored in each of the first 7 league matches which I think stood as a record until the club folded.

Game that i remember was the midweek win against Dundee towards the end of the season. 6000 was our biggest gate. It was a wet night and great atmosphere.

10 hours ago, Mcilroy56 said:

Thanks my maths was correct, we scored a lot of goals that season, I was top scorer in the league with about 32 inc cup and Frank McDougall had about 28, but our defence was not as tight as Killies. I actually scored in each of the first 7 league matches which I think stood as a record until the club folded.

Quite a record. I remember going through to Clydebank quite near the end of the season when we beat you 2-1.  

We won 9 of our last 11 games and drew 1.  Bankies won7 and drew 2 of their last 11.   

On 8/18/2020 at 10:10 PM, Mcilroy56 said:

Would you say Frank McDougall was the best striker you played with, @Mcilroy56?

I always thought it was sad his career was cut short by injury.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:05 PM, chubbs said:

Kick-off being delayed at Brockville due to a bombscare ... 

Coming out of Somerset and launching traffic cones into the gardens .... until there was an almighty crash as some poor cnuts greenhouse got smashed....

Sorry..:4:

The bomb scare was actually during the game with Killie being 1-0 up thanks to Sammy McGivern. I remember they kept the players on the park and evacuated the entire stand onto the pitch as well.

I think we went top of the league that day.

Meadowbank away early 90s (not the cat show game) - Killie supporter going over the fence at half time and doing the long jump !

Dumbarton away late 80s - swapping ends with the away support at halftime.

Walking along the beachfront at Cannes on the afternoon of the Nice away leg with Killie tops on and some posh woman passing us and saying "good luck tonight guys".

• 1 month later...

Can't recall the exact date but an end of season away win at Ibrox left the huns wallowing in the wake of their ugly sister and out of the league race. Was it the Cocard game we won 3-0?

I'd taken my neighbour to the game but in anticipating a riot he left the ground with 20 minutes to go and made his own way home to Bridge of Weir.

6 minutes ago, zinger said:

Can't recall the exact date but an end of season away win at Ibrox left the huns wallowing in the wake of their ugly sister and out of the league race. Was it the Cocard game we won 3-0?

I'd taken my neighbour to the game but in anticipating a riot he left the ground with 20 minutes to go and made his own way home to Bridge of Weir.

1-0 ending 10 in a row?

2 hours ago, zinger said:

The 3-0 win at Ibrox was around October/November time.

2 hours ago, BoydsFace said:

The 3-0 win at Ibrox was around October/November time.

Remember that game well, best visit Ibrox other than the cup Final.

Going back to the bus that day (quick exit as some of the natives not too friendly) found that one of the lads had already made it back and was sitting in the front seat with his head back and eyes shut.  As I got to the top of the steps he uttered the words " I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming and you don't Fu**ing wake me up".  Summed the afternoon up brilliantly.

On 8/22/2020 at 7:36 AM, DuncanEwart said:

Would you say Frank McDougall was the best striker you played with, @Mcilroy56?

I always thought it was sad his career was cut short by injury.

Sorry Duncan, missed this earlier. Frank was brave and threw himself at anything, he was a good foil for me getting on to the scraps from knock downs. I’ve a great picture (6 stills) which sums this up, if I know how to load them once I find them. Basically in the 6 yard box he threw himself at my header and bundled it over the line taking keeper and all. Centre half comes in and has a go at Frank so I had to jump in and next thing centre half is on his back. The good old days, nobody sent off either. I think Frank’s worst enemy was his lack of application to training and he liked a drink (don’t we all). The best striker I played with, difficult to compare him to the speed of Bobby Williamson, or technique of Tommy Coyne, all had their eye for goal as well.

16 hours ago, jbm1965 said:

Remember that game well, best visit Ibrox other than the cup Final.

Going back to the bus that day (quick exit as some of the natives not too friendly) found that one of the lads had already made it back and was sitting in the front seat with his head back and eyes shut.  As I got to the top of the steps he uttered the words " I'm dreaming, I'm dreaming and you don't Fu**ing wake me up".  Summed the afternoon up brilliantly.

My non-fitba mad son was eleven that day and his birthday treat was a visit to Glasgow Science Centre. We left some time after four and rushed back to the car as I said we would need to be quick to avoid the usual early leaver Huns. We were already driving towards Paisley Road West, as my missus tried to find Radio Scotland, when it dawned on my that their were thoosans of said Huns boarding buses and it wasn't even 4:30.

You all know the rest of the story.

5 hours ago, KillkieBoab said:

My non-fitba mad son was eleven that day and his birthday treat was a visit to Glasgow Science Centre. We left some time after four and rushed back to the car as I said we would need to be quick to avoid the usual early leaver Huns. We were already driving towards Paisley Road West, as my missus tried to find Radio Scotland, when it dawned on my that their were thoosans of said Huns boarding buses and it wasn't even 4:30.

You all know the rest of the story.

Science Centre didn’t open till 2001 mate.

On 10/22/2020 at 10:22 AM, Mcilroy56 said:

Sorry Duncan, missed this earlier. Frank was brave and threw himself at anything, he was a good foil for me getting on to the scraps from knock downs. I’ve a great picture (6 stills) which sums this up, if I know how to load them once I find them. Basically in the 6 yard box he threw himself at my header and bundled it over the line taking keeper and all. Centre half comes in and has a go at Frank so I had to jump in and next thing centre half is on his back. The good old days, nobody sent off either. I think Frank’s worst enemy was his lack of application to training and he liked a drink (don’t we all). The best striker I played with, difficult to compare him to the speed of Bobby Williamson, or technique of Tommy Coyne, all had their eye for goal as well.

I can see how it would be difficult to pick the best you played with. I think a lot of people forget just how fast Bobby Williamson was. I never knew you played with Tommy Coyne. I was so disappointed when we did not sign him.