Youssouf Mulumbu

Pieboy

1 hour ago, MuirP said:

I would say pass. Too many things going against him. He is now 33, hardly kicked a ball in a year so it will take him a while to get up to speed, tish is doing well in that position so far this season (it's been stated that tish didn't play well when mulumbu was in the team previously and flourished when mulumbu left for Celtic so why would we potentially want to cause him to revert back?). People have said to fit him in we would need to change the shape to possibly a 4-3-3. The issue with that is our two main strikers (Brophy and Kabamba) have shown that they aren't really effective in a 4-3-3 and are both suited with a partner in a 4-4-2 ( I can't comment on Innes or Whitehall as I haven't seen either play), so if we change our formation to fit in mulumbu we are effectively taking the attackers we currently have out of the game and would have to consider spending more money to bring in another attacker who is more suited to that lone striker role. 

As for the Makrini part of the article, it makes sense. He isn't going to play Infront of tish, power and dicker and the club needs to push the youngsters we have left as there is no reserve league this season so the likes of Taylor etc will most likely get game time Infront of them. Him going frees up the wages and potentially a small fee as he is under contract unless we rip it up to get him away.

The key issue in the team is the defence, no clean sheets in the league since Dyer took over and conceded something like 37 goals in 19 games is extremely poor. If money is being freed up in the wage bill I would rather see another quality CB brought in (Del Fabro for example) to strengthen the defence. As someone else stated if dicker is having to be played to protect the defence then the defence isn't good enough.

We had our best season ever with Brophy playing in a 4-3-3 for a large part of it. 

I do concede that YM is probably one of the best we have seen at killie in the same bracket as eremenko,Durrant etc but I worry that he is only a short term fix for us and what about the development of the younger more mobile players Taylor,Connell etc when are they going to get the chance to develop and more than likely that will be not with us but one of our rivals when they undoubtedly  feel the need to move  on.Yes I can understand why many of us would want YM to come back but is it in the best long term interests of the team?

13 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Good player but he’s picking us up and dropping us whenever he wants. Have to draw the line eventually. Dyer signs him though it appeases the masses even though it will likely only be temporary. Mulumbu might not even be fit for another month. Also if he’s coming back make sure it’s longer term. None of this 6month flying visit nonsense.

We are in no position to turn down a player of his quality.

1 minute ago, Bbk said:

I do concede that YM is probably one of the best we have seen at killie in the same bracket as eremenko,Durrant etc but I worry that he is only a short term fix for us and what about the development of the younger more mobile players Taylor,Connell etc when are they going to get the chance to develop and more than likely that will be not with us but one of our rivals when they undoubtedly  feel the need to move  on.Yes I can understand why many of us would want YM to come back but is it in the best long term interests of the team?

Short term fixes can lead to long term benefits if they work. 

If Mulumbu came in on a short contract and turned our season around and we finished in say 3rd or 4th then we would be back to where we were when Clarke left. 

4 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

If Mulumbu came in on a short contract and turned our season around and we finished in say 3rd or 4th then we would be back to where we were when Clarke left. 

I agree that is maybe  a plus point in recruiting him but none of us know if it is a definite  and equally  if sticking with and developing our present signed players and youngsters might reap the same rewards ?

19 minutes ago, Bbk said:

The young players will learn so much simply just training with a guy of mulumbus quality 

It’s a no brainer to bring back the big man if he is willing to earn within our budget. He is a class act. That said, I think people overestimate his creativity. That’s never been his game. He played an unbelievable through ball for Burkey against the huns in a huge game... but I don’t remember too many other chances he created. Even SOD and Broadfoot contributed with the odd brilliant assist, it doesn’t make them number 10’s (which is what we really need).

3 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

The young players will learn so much simply just training with a guy of mulumbus quality 

That is an undeniable  fact but they would possibly learn so very much more playing in the first team just ask Greg Taylor about this!

12 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

Eremenko the perfect example came in for just under a season and completely transformed the team.

Tommy Johnson aswell springs to mind, played about 10 games with 7 goals. Moved on for better money and left top scorer that year.

Stewart, Mulumbu both drastically improved the team short term and we got our best finishes in years.

Unfortunately we're not in a position to break the bank for long term contracts to these types of players but we can't cut our nose to spite our face if quality players are available for 6 months or whatever. Clubs our size need to take these chances when they come and try to make the most of it. 

8 minutes ago, Fudger said:

I’m not professing to be in the know but got a couple texts just now saying he was at RP this morning and will be announced as signed.....

hope it’s true 

With broadfoot and tish back, we get in mulumbu........SOD back in January, and Bachman on loan again, maybe Stewart and even Jones, we may just about have the gang back together.......oh..wait...something’s still missing.......

I’m not sure where he plays. Well I know where he will play but what changes do we make to accommodate him. 

He’ll likely play a more advanced role in a three. This means we need to drop one of the current three. The obvious one based on form would be Dicker but I don’t see that happening. Or we keep them in place and drop Burke. Play a diamond in midfield and two strikers allowing the fullbacks to bomb on. 

Just now, Thebigguy68 said:

With broadfoot and tish back, we get in mulumbu........SOD back in January, and Bachman on loan again, maybe Stewart and even Jones, we may just about have the gang back together.......oh..wait...something’s still missing.......

If he cocks up the playoff he could be looking for a gig

14 minutes ago, piffer said:

I’m not sure where he plays. Well I know where he will play but what changes do we make to accommodate him. 

He’ll likely play a more advanced role in a three. This means we need to drop one of the current three. The obvious one based on form would be Dicker but I don’t see that happening. Or we keep them in place and drop Burke. Play a diamond in midfield and two strikers allowing the fullbacks to bomb on. 

drop our best player? No thank you, drop dicker and make it a 433 with power tish mulumbu burke kabamba brophy

14 minutes ago, piffer said:

16 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

The most important part... think if Scotland get pumped in the play off hed come back?

25 minutes ago, PrestersKtid said:

Eremenko the perfect example came in for just under a season and completely transformed the team.

Tommy Johnson aswell springs to mind, played about 10 games with 7 goals. Moved on for better money and left top scorer that year.

Stewart, Mulumbu both drastically improved the team short term and we got our best finishes in years.

Unfortunately we're not in a position to break the bank for long term contracts to these types of players but we can't cut our nose to spite our face if quality players are available for 6 months or whatever. Clubs our size need to take these chances when they come and try to make the most of it. 

Spot on mate