Youssouf Mulumbu

Pieboy

7 minutes ago, historyman said:

I wasn't a great fan of El Mak but I cant believe how far out the picture he has fallen.
Perhaps he has some trigger in his contract based on appearances.
Don't think we will be seeing him in a Killie jersey again.

Im sure he triggered a year extension. With Power out, Dicker just back from an op. This would be perfect time. ER away game one of the season he never featured with Dicker injured. 

22 minutes ago, Souleycouley93 said:

Definitely. Can see El Mak going he will feel hard done by. Wish him well if he does. Wasn’t given a chance in his proper position. Ironically with Dicker toiling he should have been included more so far. Dyer obviously doesn’t fancy him. 

Dyer obviously doesnt want to upset the dressing room

If Mulumbu does sign, I hope he commits to at least a couple of years.  Whilst we will not (and should not) be offering huge bucks to sign on, it would be a good indicator to the Killie fans that he meant business for the Killie cause and was not using us again as a convenient shop window. All this is of course on the proviso that he proves he is fit enough to warrant a deal. Should he re-establish the form this season that we all know he is capable, then at least he would not be off at the end of the season on another freebie.

49 minutes ago, CBFC said:

Sorry, but that is just mince. Why do people insist on saying things they cannot prove?

Where did you get this from? How do you know this?

There is always harmony and disharmony in professional dressing rooms. No manager worth his salt would allow players to rule the roost. He would not be there too long, I can assure you.

I have seen the posts where it is said that Dicker does this and that etc....but having spoken to several players and staff, it isn't true. So will everybody just please stop this mudslinging and support the team!

Was meant as light hearted due to Alessio stuff. Because whether they care to admit it or not, players were not professional on that subject

Think the signing of yet another similar midfield player in Tish and then seeng him going straight into the team was more the final catalyst for El Mak wanting to move , that and at his age stuck on a bench in another country is not ideal if he could find employment closer to home 

Hopefully it is just the getting paperwork done that is delaying the confirmation of any deal for Mulumbu, even if just on the bench this Saturday such a signing can add some much needed positivity , and he would then be in contention and ready for the Aberdeen game 

3 minutes ago, jesper said:

I agree re performances. Sadly, I think a Mulumbu signing would force Tshibola into the shadows again. 

Hopefully not, I'd be phasing out Dicker and try and get someone up to speed in his sort of sweeping position. We can't continue to rely on him. He's visibly slowing. 

Having power out will hopefully force Dyers hand to mix midfield up a bit.

22 hours ago, CBFC said:

Sorry, but that is just mince. Why do people insist on saying things they cannot prove?

Where did you get this from? How do you know this?

There is always harmony and disharmony in professional dressing rooms. No manager worth his salt would allow players to rule the roost. He would not be there too long, I can assure you.

I have seen the posts where it is said that Dicker does this and that etc....but having spoken to several players and staff, it isn't true. So will everybody just please stop this mudslinging and support the team!

well said 

Kilmarnock manager Alex Dyer admits Youssouf Mulumbu is the “type of character” he wants.

The Congolese midfielder is training with the Rugby Park club ahead of a potential third spell in Ayshire.

Mohamed El Makrini is set to move to Start in Norway, which could free up funds for Mulumbu.

And Dyer admits he’s keen to have the midfielder back if he can prove his fitness.

Youssouf is still in training with us. I’ll have a chat with him over the next couple of days and see what he is thinking.

He’s not played for a while but a player of that ability never loses it so I’m sure we could get him ready to play even a bit part soon enough if we needed to.

He’s the type of character we could use around here. He’s a great person and since he walked back in for training this week it’s been like he’s never been away.

Could he play against United? I’m not sure about that. It still depends on a few things.

Mohamed El Makrini has gone over to Norway to have a look. We have to wait back and see what happens with that one. If he decides to go that could allow us to do something with Youssouf. If not then we still have a player who played a big part for us last season.

Daily Record

Sounds like a Mulumbu deal isn't as close as some would have you believe.....

Edited by C4mmy31

Mixed messages in that article , one minute saying AD will have a chat in a few days over a possible deal , then seems to suggest was a chance he could be in squad for the game in 48 hours time .....Don’t think the player would come all the way over here on the off chance without first getting some inclination of a deal if he proved his fitness 

The fact we are talking about it so openly in the press must means it’s pretty much a done deal just waiting on a few formalities. If it wasn’t you’d think we’d be trying to keep it quiet as not to alert some of our rivals that he was open to playing in Scotland again

3 minutes ago, BigYin said:

The fact we are talking about it so openly in the press must means it’s pretty much a done deal just waiting on a few formalities. If it wasn’t you’d think we’d be trying to keep it quiet as not to alert some of our rivals that he was open to playing in Scotland again

That would certainly be my hope, otherwise what stops Aberdeen/Hibs et al jumping in and signing him....