Youssouf Mulumbu

Pieboy

40 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Is anyone else really not that excited about Mulumbu signing. Even a win tomorrow is only papering over the cracks and going to prolong this. Its a horrible scenario. 

Your right. We should scrap it and look forward to the season without him. Especially if Burke gets injured we could have Pinnock on one side and Rory on the other. How exciting. 

Maybe the point Gaz is making is more that our current manager's only plan seems to be to reassemble our squad from two/three seasons ago when we were getting results under Clarke. We were an aging side then, even more so now. Mulumbu coming back kinda sums it up for me. He's out of ideas.

For me a creative midfielder is and has been the top priority position we need to fill. Whilst we could improve in other areas (and arguably have but aren't playing them), we at least have cover and a few option across the park. I think Mulumbu is precisely the player we need to shake up our dull and predictable play, and given the chance he might bring out the best in the other players around him.

Just now, Taggyfc24992 said:

For me a creative midfielder is and has been the top priority position we need to fill. Whilst we could improve in other areas (and arguably have but aren't playing them), we at least have cover and a few option across the park. I think Mulumbu is precisely the player we need to shake up our dull and predictable play, and given the chance he might bring out the best in the other players around him.

Agree. But, we do still need some pace on the left wing to really get the best out of our team. I think.

1 hour ago, skyhigh said:

the reason we should be excited about mulumbu is that we'll get a player that ordinarily would be out of our reach. 

Makes you wonder why he is suddenly within our reach.  It’s a surprise to me that he’s ended up back at RP. He hasn’t played since May 2019 so maybe that has something to do with it. 

1 hour ago, Steppskillie said:

Mulumbu's pass to Burke for the 1st goal against Gers, in the 3rd place game, his involvement in the Stuart Findlay goal at Tynecastle, winning goal against Celtic, yes I am excited by the thought of Mulumbu. 

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

Not many of the teams we are realistically competing against can boast a midfield containing Burke, Power, Tishbola & Mulumbu. That has to be something positive. 

When you also consider that we have a Scotland international up front and in central defence, it's really not that bad a starting eleven. Time to start getting some results. 

Edited by Angelo's Ashes

Glad it’s finally publicly confirmed , would hope there is an option in the short term deal that we can extend it based on appearances etc and fitness 

do agree with him that it’s not about the talk but more about what happens on the pitch and he and the team have to get back to winning games