Youssouf Mulumbu

Pieboy

3 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Is anyone else really not that excited about Mulumbu signing. Even a win tomorrow is only papering over the cracks and going to prolong this. Its a horrible scenario. 

Bit concerned by the second part of your post. A win tomorrow is in no way a horrible scenario. What you're saying is suggestive that you'd almost prefer to be proven right about Dyer and him getting the bullet than getting behind him and hoping he can turn things round and prove a lot of people wrong. Whether he can or not is highly debatable but I 100% hold out hope that we get a good win tomorrow. 

Edited by Dieter's Heeder

Hmmm....6 month contract is bollocks. He is obviously using us as the place to get himself match fit so he can move on. As usual, we are the team who welcome all the players back who have buggered off and it's not worked out for them.

However, to stop those who are walking about with a stauner over this, moaning that I'm being negative (realistic), welcome back, again, Mulumbu. I hope it works out. 

1 minute ago, Sam said:

Hmmm....6 month contract is bollocks. He is obviously using us as the place to get himself match fit so he can move on. As usual, we are the team who welcome all the players back who have buggered off and it's not worked out for them.

However, to stop those who are walking about with a stauner over this, moaning that I'm being negative (realistic), welcome back, again, Mulumbu. I hope it works out. 

He’s 33. Don’t think he’s using us at all.

I’d imagine he will extend his contract once the 6 months is up. Depending on Covid etc. It’s the right thing for both parties.

Just now, Dillinger said:

Six month deal. Exactly what I said I didnt want. Just using us as a stepping stone again. We should have got him to commit to at least a year.

Decent signing though obviously. 

Only commit to a year or 2 IF he still has it., and maybe he doesn’t want longer as he had something else lined up.  Plus we would need to add a COVID clause allowing us to be protected.

13 minutes ago, Sam said:

He’s been in the shop window for a year and nobody has bitten. 

15 minutes ago, Sam said:

If we are taking about players who have proven themselves to have poor attitudes and ran down their contracts (like Jones and SOD), I agree. 

In fairness to Mulumbu, he has had two previous short term contracts at the club and on both occasions I don’t think anyone would say his application wavered.  Unlike those two arseholes Mulumbu gave us everything he had until he departed.