Youssouf Mulumbu

Pieboy

2 hours ago, Scooby_Doo said:

I wonder what the reaction would have been if we'd signed any other 33 year old player who hadn't played for over a year on anything longer than six months.

It’s as if we need to find something, anything to moan about.

the problem is will he still be the same player? a few years more in the legs and no competitive football for over a year. how long of the 6 months to get match fit? is the 202 mulumbu the same? it might be like boyd the third time around.

mulumbu was great for us, i hope he is again, but time can be unkind.

ps. i always liked the baggies song, he come from africa, he is better than kaka, mulumbu woah mulumbu woah

14 minutes ago, superfan said:

You really do have a knack of making something positive become a negative. There is no comparison, Mulumbu's signing is a good thing at this point in time. See it for what it is and enjoy his time with us again.

Just keep living up to your name and rejoice in Alex’s record. 

Mulumbu mightn't be the player he was but we can live in hope which is exactly what he can give us. There does seem to have been a drop in quality of the league since he last left so I'd be inclined to try to build a team around him the way we did with Eremenko. I think that means a change to get the more mobile players namely Haunstrup and Kiltie to provide the legs. 

Will AD see it that way? 

48 minutes ago, KillieBus said:

Considering Boyd was top goal scorer in the league during that third time around - I really hope so!

No matter what Mulumbu turns out to be like this time, it is in a no-brainer to sign him at the moment.

i hope he has the same influence he did first time around, though time can be cruel, but class in permanent.

one thing for sure is that with burke, dicker, power, mulumbu, broadfoot looking like first team regulars we need to start planning fir the future pretty soon!

Love the guy, if he’s anything like last time it’s a no brainer he’s just got more quality than most players in this league. Not known for picking a pass in the premier league in England but up here looks like he can be effective going forward too. Delighted to have him back one of few players we’ve had recently that I’m a bit star struck whenever I see him around the place. Straight into the side tomorrow for a hat trick 

2 hours ago, BigD'sGingerLorry said:

If Kickback had been around in 1988 Im sure that while most of us were jumping for joy, a small minority of contributors would have been moaning about the fact we had just signed a 32 year old player from Celtic  who was probably passed his best and wouldnt be with us for long, probably contribute very little and that we probably wouldnt be promoted at the end of the season anyway.

I remember the day he signed for us and was pleasantly surprised and delighted by it I was one of tommy burns blue and white army and privileged  to have been so and seen one of the finest players and human beings ever to be at our club these are the memories that will live with us forever and here's hoping YM gives us some modern day ones !

Mulumbu is a cracking player and a great signing, i just dont think hes the saviour some people think. The one area that doesn't need improved is centre midfield and this is a move to appease the fans after a horrific start to the season. 

Our issues are bad team selections, losing terrible goals and not scoring enough. Mulumbu isnt the answer to this.

He would definitely strengthen any Killie team and that cant be ignored, however with that back 5 and a formation playing kabamba up front himself i think instead of complementing our side people are hoping he will transform it.

I think its perfectly clear from this forum how to a lot of people Killie is just a pastime rather than a major part of their life when you hear balloons saying Dyer deserves more time as hes a nice guy,  or all of the complete s**te the past few weeks is forgotten because we have signed mulumbu. A win tomorrow won't come close to changing that either. 

4 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

His Celtic deal had a termination clause in it. I don’t for a minute think they were paying him anything, if they still had to pay him they would have loaned him out and took a percentage of his wage rather than pay him in full to sit on his backside.

I think it was almost certain that Ceptic was paying his wages. His recent tweet still had him in his Ceptic top.

He was free to leave if he could find a club but my guess is that the clubs that were interested couldn't or wouldn't match his Ceptic wage, so he stayed put.

Loan deals need the two clubs AND the player to agree.

Our strikers are crying out for service hopefully Mulumbo can provide that service. Having him in the team can only be a positive imo. If he plays some part in the game tomorrow I'll not be expecting miracles but I hope the Killie fans who are doubting his return give him a chance.

There’s no doubt Mulumbu didn’t voluntarily take a year out of football without a wage cos he’d had his Celtic deal paid up. They were paying him weekly/monthly hence his lack of football. It’s also a big benefit to us though that in the last two years he’s only really had 4 months of first team football so I’m confident he’s still got plenty in his legs and ability never leaves you. Great signing to boost the whole club. 

1 hour ago, casual observer said:

There’s no doubt Mulumbu didn’t voluntarily take a year out of football without a wage cos he’d had his Celtic deal paid up. They were paying him weekly/monthly hence his lack of football. It’s also a big benefit to us though that in the last two years he’s only really had 4 months of first team football so I’m confident he’s still got plenty in his legs and ability never leaves you. Great signing to boost the whole club. 

He also had that legal case against his former agent in France didn't he? I  suspect he's made a few quid since we saw last him, despite not doing much!  Fair play.

Edited by RAG

12 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

I’ve not seen a single person say Dyer deserves more time ‘because he’s a nice guy’. 

That whole statement comes across snide as f**k and seems as tho you’re saying that anyone who is willing to give Dyer more time isn’t a real fan. 

I get that you obviously want him gone right now but making out that people don’t care about killie as much as you for having a different view to you is a lot of s**te

I was just about to comment that I haven't saw one single person on here or anywhere else say that Dyer 'deserves more time because he's a nice guy', but I've seen dozens of folk use that patronising tone to get a few likes from those who share their agenda and belittle opposing views. It's all a bit weird. 

4 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

I’ve not seen a single person say Dyer deserves more time ‘because he’s a nice guy’. 

That whole statement comes across snide as f**k and seems as tho you’re saying that anyone who is willing to give Dyer more time isn’t a real fan. 

I get that you obviously want him gone right now but making out that people don’t care about killie as much as you for having a different view to you is a lot of s**te

Maybe it’s the absence of any other solid reason that leads people to the ‘nice guy’ conclusion because it’s certainly not his record which has been posted on here as one if the worst in the clubs history. Even worse than Gary Locke. 
He has been in charge of the team for 17 league games and won 3 of them. His teams are conceding on average more than 2 goals per game and haven’t kept one clean sheet yet fans don’t seem to be alarmed that this shocking statistic doesn’t seem to be a priority for the management team. The team will not win a lot of games by conceding at that rate. 
However, point out these FACTS rather than simply opinions and all you get is shouted down as being negative. For example, the mere suggestion that it would be better to wait and see what the new recruits were like before praising Fowler and Dyer for a successful transfer window, also gets shot down as negativity. Indeed comments like that actually lead to the accusation from someone I have never met that I want the club to fail. 
Everyone wants the club to succeed, everyone wants AD to succeed but when the same mistakes are made again and again (failure to see out games from good positions, conceding sloppy goals, poor use of substitutions, isolated strikers with no support, inability to be flexible with tactics for example) there clearly has to be a questioning of his ability in the role. 
While I would be delighted if he turns it round I believe he is out of his depth and lacks the experience to instil confidence and successful systems into the team. 
When I share that view and attempt to back it up with some facts and opinions I would like to think that my fellow Killie supporters in the forum would give it airtime rather than dismiss it out of hand as simply being negative because it doesn’t support the manager. 
At the moment I don’t know what I think about the re-signing of Mulumbu. I would have been happier if he had signed this time last year or in January and I do find it amusing when I see the transformation in comments that people made when he left for Celtic and got bossed by Tshibola. It seems SOD is now the devil incarnate for running down his contract and being available for every game when is club needed him. My God how we miss him and Taylor - both of whom remain in the Scotland squad. 
Like others I believe if there was money available it would have been better spent on a better goalkeeper and a centre half. I’m not sure the new midfield will be able to take the pressure off the defence and that has been one of the problems this season. Or even someone to inject pace into the team and get us up the park. Kabamba must be slowest ex-sprinter I’ve seen. 
So we go into tomorrow which is a very important game as we are running out of games that we are supposed to win. If we don’t win I would like to see us in the market for a new manager but I doubt very much that will happen. However, when it does, and I strongly believe that will be the case in the next few months, the next move from the board will be critical. If Fowler is appointed as the replacement I imagine a lot of fans will be disappointed. 

Edited by historyman

9 hours ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Our issues are bad team selections, losing terrible goals and not scoring enough. Mulumbu isnt the answer to this.

Mulumbu is one of the best players I've seen in a Killie shirt for winning the ball in the midfield, and winning balls he has no right to. Regularly do that and you take a huge amount of pressure off that defence. 

He also had the composure to keep the ball, which few SPFL midfielders are great at, which again takes the pressure off and puts teams on the back foot. 

Then you have the creative passes that should lead to us scoring more goals. 

Definitely fair to suggest that he might have lost a bit with another year on the clock, but even 70% of the player we had before can make an enormous difference to the side. 

I know it's a daft comparison in terms of the quality of the player - but look at the effect Bruno Ferndandes had on Man Utd on his own. A few more goals and some composure in the middle has a domino effect to other positions in the squad. 

Won't matter so much if Waters/Haunstrup aren't great at beating a man if Mulumbu can put it on their toes at the byline, for example. 

Not saying everything is fine now or that he will make that difference - but I'm excited that he has the potential to. Fingers crossed. 

Edited by mitch14

Mulumbu is a very good player with lots of experience and if he is fit will improve the team. We can’t play Dicker, Power, Mulumbu and Tishbola all at the same time so it will be interesting to see whether this signing gets (or allows Dyer)to change his tactics. Mulumbu isn’t really a creative number 10 type player or midfield goal scorer either although he can play more advanced than Dicker or Power. 

I’d have been happier with a longer deal as 6 months allows him to get fit, back playing and puts him in the shop window again if he does well. However, perhaps he didn’t want to sign for longer or we didn’t offer longer or couldn’t at the wages he wanted. 

Regardless, we should be better off with him in the squad and if he performs well and gets a move at higher wages it will also have helped us.

He has no connection with Killie or Ayrshire apart from being an employee. It’s a job for him and most players without a connection are mercenaries. 

This signing will take some pressure off Dyer regardless of results and even if we lose our next three games he’ll be given time by the board and fans as we’ll be banking on Mulumbu to improve our form.

As for Dyer being a factor innMulumbu being here or for the length of contract ie Mulumbu will leave if Dyer is sacked. Not convinced about that. Say we sack after and hire a manager that Mulumbu knows or has knowledge of from playing who offers him a contract at an acceptable wage. Do you think he’ll turn that down or do what he thinks is right for him regardless of any relationship with Dyer?

He might speak to SSC (as they do have a strong relationship) and ask him what he thinks about the new manager before making a decision. 

As for our lack of speed. We signed Pinnock from Wimbledon but St Mirren signed Dylan Connolly who is seemingly a very quick winger from the same team. Pinnock played for a Wimbledon and Connolly was out on loan. Be interesting to see who is the better player and contributes more in the SPL.