Crowd test events

piffer

4 hours ago, Richaway said:

Why don’t they tell us the condition of the cases testing positive?

77 with little or no symptoms is a completely different situation v 77 needing hospital admission.

It’s also only 1% of new people tested which is 8.000 odd. I think that’s possibly the highest I’ve seen it. 

33 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Perhaps I didn’t explain it well Dieter the graphs below ably demonstrates that although the case numbers are on the rise deaths aren’t despite more testing. Very different from what Trump is saying ,google casedemic for further explanations 

87411584-53CF-4828-A569-3D8E5C9A6798.jpeg

507767DF-B272-4A35-A598-DB331D4544AE.jpeg

There were 127 deaths in Spain yesterday, highest in a long long time. It's rising or at least its likely to rise for the reasons which I've explained. Florida went through all of this before those countries when they reopened and it took some time but sure as s**t the hospitalizations and death's followed. There's always a lag between cases rising and the end result. When social distancing is still practiced even to some extent, that lag will be longer but it'll get there eventually. 

12 minutes ago, Lroy said:

I like to go camping at caravan parks with much fewer than 60,000 people and where I have less than 8 people within 1m of me.

So u think having people from all over the uk at a caravan park is safer than a few thousand at rugby park?

13 minutes ago, Jasg said:

So u think having people from all over the uk at a caravan park is safer than a few thousand at rugby park?

Yes.

For starters people come to RP from all over the country too.

Then there's the whole thing I already said about having multiple people in your close personal space for 2 hours.

4 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

Some proper burying head in the sand going on here, I think some of us will be in for a major shock come the winter. 

Would you be so good as to quantify that comment, I’m sorry but this is the kind of generalistic predictions we keep seeing without any real reasoning. It is already winter in a lot of places and despite there being 1000 times the testing we are not seeing the catastrophe some (not you btw) seem to want us to think is around the corner.

1 minute ago, killie billies pal said:

Would you be so good as to quantify that comment, I’m sorry but this is the kind of generalistic predictions we keep seeing without any real reasoning. It is already winter in a lot of places and despite there being 1000 times the testing we are not seeing the catastrophe some (not you btw) seem to want us to think is around the corner.

Winter in most countries in the Northern Hemisphere is much different from that of the southern. Eg winter in Perth, Australia has a forecast of 21degrees for tomorrow, whereas summer in Perth, Scotland, is forecasted to be only 19 degrees on the same day. It's an entirely different climate and doesn't always force people indoors the way it does here. People will visit others in houses and not in gardens and they'll spend time within pubs and not in the beer gardens. Parks and other outdoor areas will be pretty much empty whilst people spend their spare time in cinemas or bowling instead.

Given that the virus spreads easier when people are within close proximity or lingering for longer periods of time, I don't see why this would act any different. 

Treatments will hopefully continue to improve by the winter time, and a section of the community will continue to be careful around social distancing too. But then again, all of this may be somewhat offset by the flu and other seasonal viruses which will complicate matters. Below is a decent thread on the subject. Anyway, I fear we've went somewhat off topic so I'll end by saying that simply opening the floodgates to large events as Richaway seems to be advocating, without doing the necessary testing and using a cautious approach would be lunacy at this stage. 

2 hours ago, Dieter's Heeder said:

There were 127 deaths in Spain yesterday, highest in a long long time. It's rising or at least its likely to rise for the reasons which I've explained. Florida went through all of this before those countries when they reopened and it took some time but sure as s**t the hospitalizations and death's followed. There's always a lag between cases rising and the end result. When social distancing is still practiced even to some extent, that lag will be longer but it'll get there eventually. 

Spain is kind of an anomaly, as a lover of all things Spanish I know that they as a people love to hug and kiss , it’s in their nature to do so . Just last week I was in Lanzarote and despite the warnings they still greet each other with a hug and kisses on the cheek. There are harsher social distancing conditions in Spain mandatory mask wearing in all public areas , and now all non food serving bars are closing in the Canary Islands with 1000€ fines strictly policed . Yet there are 2 deaths in Holland and 0 deaths in Ireland , 0 in Scotland and 16 in England today . There are all sorts of explanations from herd immunity , stricter adherence to preventative measures to virus burn out to explain these findings , in truth no one knows . 
Im not saying the virus is gone but adequate social distancing measures ,and the normal behaviour patterns as practised by up tight Anglo Saxons should help prevent covid proliferation in all outdoor areas . 
As you say this has taken over the thread and it’s doubtful we’ll all agree but at least it stimulated debate and hopefully expanded some peoples knowledge on the subject . 

9 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

As you say this has taken over the thread and it’s doubtful we’ll all agree but at least it stimulated debate and hopefully expanded some peoples knowledge on the subject . 

Yep, absolutely, it's right that people should be talking about it but it's how we should manage it as safely as possible (nothing is ever risk free but it has to be limited) and not just a case of simply opening the turnstiles and all systems go as we were pre pandemic times, for now anyway.

42 minutes ago, Pompey Exile said:

Still the issue of getting by people to/from seats

Wear a mask if you have to pass somebody to get to or leave your seat. Split the rows down the middle with tape or whatever to ensure that people enter/exit the row the same way each time.  We only have approximately 3,000 season-ticket holders and that's if everyone actually attends. 

Rugby Park would be ideal to test it, apart from the Frank Beattie as more enclosed.

When cricket did their test events, a few weeks back, members (equivalent to our season ticket holders) were able to apply for either a single seat or as part of a two and then were told where they were sitting as they arrived.

Whatever happens it is going to need support from all - ie, don't expect to sit in your actual season ticket seat, turn up in plenty of time etc.

3 hours ago, stewarty66 said:

It's easier to socially distance people at Rugby Park than a pub or restaurant if the full ground is utilised.

It's easier to socially distance 3000 folk than it is 30 in a restaurant?

Including the queues getting folk around the ground, the time to and from their seats and toilets, and travel logistics to and from the ground? Factoring in folks impatience and dislike of stewards and authority in general? And it could be pissing down!

I'd like to see your working on that one! :)

going to be fun on here if , when crowds are allowed , not all our season ticket holders are allowed in. i beleive only 3 stands - not frank beatie- will have fans so will be interesting to see how they go about it , the moans and squabbling and arguments and abuse is going to be mental . personally i’d think we could easily fit in all our season ticket holders in 3 stands but it’s wee burneys government who will decide and by f**k they aren’t very clever 

15 minutes ago, DrewWylie said:

going to be fun on here if , when crowds are allowed , not all our season ticket holders are allowed in. i beleive only 3 stands - not frank beatie- will have fans so will be interesting to see how they go about it , the moans and squabbling and arguments and abuse is going to be mental . personally i’d think we could easily fit in all our season ticket holders in 3 stands but it’s wee burneys government who will decide and by f**k they aren’t very clever 

Some effort turning off automatic capitalisation for all your posts.

1 hour ago, DrewWylie said:

Nah it will be ok as it appeared that most folk were appalled at the thought of going to Rugby Park when I posted last week about wanting to go back. If you take the number of red cards I got into account we should have a stand each.....

6 minutes ago, Richaway said:

Nah it will be ok as it appeared that most folk were appalled at the thought of going to Rugby Park when I posted last week about wanting to go back. If you take the number of red cards I got into account we should have a stand each.....

See what I mean about being deliberately facetious, it's doing your argument zero favours. Everyone is desperate to get back, everyone. 

1 hour ago, DrewWylie said:

I love how the guy that moaned like a biatch when he was asked to move seats last season is now some wise sage prophesying the chaos about to ensue.