Crowd test events

piffer

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

So your controlled way is to shut down at every opportunity?

No, looks like you don't want to understand what I said. 9_9

We're feeling our way through this so open in a controlled way, if it can't be controlled safely then wait till it can.

Edited by Scooter

4 hours ago, RAG said:

I agree with you, but long term disaster is inevitable in this situation.  Need as many people as possible with the phone app, then NHS have a better idea of who’s at risk.  Could see a future situation where you have to QR scan in and out of all buildings, buses/trains etc and have the app on for the 2 week period beforehand, before you can get access to the services we’ve been mentioning.  Least then they’ll have more confidence you’re safe to treat, without risk of it spreading.  If you’d proposed that to me a year ago, I’d have given that idea short shrift, called it spying etc.  Is a different world we’re in now though!  Who’d have thought keeping the bluetooth active on you’re phone might well save your life?  A vaccine seems little more than pie in the sky, at this point in 2020.

I wouldn't place much importance in the phone app. We've had one in Australia since April, six million people downloaded it, and it has so far identified only one or two cases. 

The government haven't mentioned it for months. 

Hopefully the one in Scotland will fare better. 

Edited by Angelo's Ashes

1 hour ago, Shropshire_killie said:

1000 fans being allowed into Shrewsburys game this weekend . They will all be housed in one stand. Ground capacity is c9,800.

They will all be housed in the West stand which holds c3,300. 

Good, a real test. Stand will be 1/3 full which will be the test to allow premiership stadiums to be 1/3 full in October. 

42 minutes ago, piffer said:

I was surprised by how close people were seated to each other on Saturday. I expected a lot more distance between groups and individuals. That IMO made the tests a lot more relevant than simply having a small number in a big stadium

They were all asked to sit in their seats at the end and led out row by row.  Could be waiting an hour to get out doing that with a couple of thousand present!

41 minutes ago, Wrangodog said:

I desperately want to get back to seeing live football, but at the moment the momentum is growing to allowing fans back whilst ignoring that the figures are heading in the wrong direction. Can't really get my head round the whole situation. 

Tory government would be my guess.

13 hours ago, Guff92 said:

Tory government would be my guess.

That doesn’t apply in Scotland though, does it?

All the signs are that we will progressively - probably too slowly - return to a lockdown not far short of that in the spring. 

The return of schools and people to work have seen an earlier than expected autumn spike. We need to modify our behaviour in small ways which too many people have not yet grasped, so we face bigger restrictions. 

Football will continue until infections in the game get out of hand. Wall-to-wall televised football is a handy way for the government(s) to appease the masses.

1 hour ago, skygod said:

All the signs are that we will progressively - probably too slowly - return to a lockdown not far short of that in the spring. 

The return of schools and people to work have seen an earlier than expected autumn spike. We need to modify our behaviour in small ways which too many people have not yet grasped, so we face bigger restrictions. 

Football will continue until infections in the game get out of hand. Wall-to-wall televised football is a handy way for the government(s) to appease the masses.

Sadly I cant find any flaws in the above analysis. As always Skygod is the voice if reason.

The only ******ing force is the economy is already on its knees and we are looking at 10 years minimum of recovery. Another lockdown  will have profound consequences from which we could never properly recover. 

On the football front I think having fans back on anything like a normal basis is a long, long, long way off.

P.S. I know the R word may be generally used as a term of abuse on these boards but the word starred out is a generally engineering term un every day use in polite, even woke communities. Just saying.........

Edited by gdevoy

1 hour ago, skygod said:

That doesn’t apply in Scotland though, does it?

The only upside is that there won't be a 'flu season, based on southern hemisphere data. 

The same problems with testing will also repeat themselves in the aged care sector. 

Another issue that hasn't been raised is NHS staff furlough. Wider testing than in March means far more NHS staff will have to self isolate. In some Melbourne hospitals, this was as many as 40% of nursing staff. 

I wouldn't put money on rules being in place for an incomplete season. The situation is so fluid, any rules may need to be altered to suit prevailing conditions.

Until they get a testing & tracing system that we've already been told is "world class", everything is at risk, economically, in wider health terms, socially, sportingly, EVERYTHING!

3 minutes ago, Scooter said:

I wouldn't put money on rules being in place for an incomplete season. The situation is so fluid, any rules may need to be altered to suit prevailing conditions.

Until they get a testing & tracing system that we've already been told is "world class", everything is at risk, economically, in wider health terms, socially, sportingly, EVERYTHING!

Did clubs not knock back handing over control to the authorities in the event of further lockdowns.

If we see a repeat of the March situation then it’ll be full scale self preservation again. Only second and bottom would likely be against handing out the prizes.

Another Saturday perfect weather and I can’t go to the football. This comes 24 hrs after being in amongst 100s of people at my work all week.

I heard somewhere that there were just over  1,000 people lost their lives in Scotland this week to all causes.( no doubt someone on here can confirm or refute this)

only a handful of those were reported as deaths with Covid. With and not of!

3 Hamilton players test positive and it’s all over the media. Their 2nd test is negative and you hardly hear anything.

more positive tests and we are in meltdown but they fail to tell you that we are increasing testing.

something just doesn’t add up!

First day I’ve really missed the fact that we’re not going to be there. The previous government announcements had us looking forward to this particular game which probably softened the blow of missing others.

Its a cracking day for football and even this early in the season it’s a huge game.

Being honest it is starting to annoy me now. I appreciate the thought behind what they are doing but punters in an open air arena makes far more sense to me than 1000 kids and staff in a school or a large workforce in a factory or office. 

1 hour ago, Richaway said:

Another Saturday perfect weather and I can’t go to the football. This comes 24 hrs after being in amongst 100s of people at my work all week.

I heard somewhere that there were just over  1,000 people lost their lives in Scotland this week to all causes.( no doubt someone on here can confirm or refute this)

only a handful of those were reported as deaths with Covid. With and not of!

3 Hamilton players test positive and it’s all over the media. Their 2nd test is negative and you hardly hear anything.

more positive tests and we are in meltdown but they fail to tell you that we are increasing testing.

something just doesn’t add up!

You don't add up mate, what part of pandemic caused by the most contagious disease we've seen here in over a century.   None of those other causes of death have the capability to overwhelm the NHS.

You're as bad as climate change deniers.

Edited by Beaker71

49 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

You don't add up mate, what part of pandemic caused by the most contagious disease we've seen here in over a century.   None of those other causes of death have the capability to overwhelm the NHS.

You're as bad as climate change deniers.

If the NHS isn’t fit for purpose then we should invest the millions we squander in far from perfect testing and making 1,000 of fit folk stay at home.this would give us a healthcare that would be the envy of the world. One that could treat all illnesses.

honestly what is the end game of the restrictions and lockdowns. 

who funds the NHS then?

5 hours ago, Richaway said:

If the NHS isn’t fit for purpose then we should invest the millions we squander in far from perfect testing and making 1,000 of fit folk stay at home.this would give us a healthcare that would be the envy of the world. One that could treat all illnesses.

honestly what is the end game of the restrictions and lockdowns. 

who funds the NHS then?

Who says the NHS isn’t fit for purpose?

name me one healthcare system in the  world which has been able to cope with the pandemic and the sheer volume of patients which need ventilating.

Literally have you been living in an alternative universe for the past 7 months!

12 hours ago, Richaway said:

They're not letting anybody in to football because they need time to get the grounds fitted up with 5G masts. Imagine how many they can transmit Covid to when those bad boys are powered up to 1.21 jigawatts!

19 hours ago, Richaway said:

An increase in testing doesn't lead to doctor's admitting patients to hospital beds or ICU just for s**ts and giggles or for something to do. More people are being admitted because more and more people are starting to become sick. 

On the 31st of August - 17,000 tests were carried out on new individuals in Scotland. 160 of the tests were positive. 30th of August and 27th of August a similar story, with 128 and 63 the number of positive cases from 16,000 odd tests on new individuals on those respective dates. 

For the past entire week, the number of new individuals tested per day hasn't once risen above 7,500. Yet we're regularly seeing well over 200 positive cases and yesterday well over 300. 

As recently as 4 weeks ago, 0.6% of tests were coming back positive (from similar testing numbers to what we're seeing now), now that figure is over 5% and growing almost daily.

To summarise, if you're going to make sweeping Trump like statements about testing, make sure that you're not spouting utter pish before hand.