Crowd test events

piffer

7 hours ago, Angelo's Ashes said:

Can you explain what you mean by "an over estimation of the death rate by some 5,000"?

Do you mean over estimation of the absolute death numbers, rather than the rate?

I agree re. the effectiveness of lockdowns. They only work if combined with an effective track and trace system, and they have to be continued until there is virtually no community spread. 

This has worked in China, Australia and New Zealand. The UK had the chance to do this in June but decided not to. 

Yes I did mean the absolute death rate . As for an effective test and trace , France thought it had one testing 500k a day and ramping it up to 1 m but when the Health minister stated that if you think you have symptoms go for a test with no appointment needed ,the  testing system couldn’t keep pace with demand . The result is that it is now taking between 5 and 7 days to get the results , which is anything but effective .

you wrote recently that the Aussie App had only traced a few people , is this still the case ? 

7 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Yes I did mean the absolute death rate . As for an effective test and trace , France thought it had one testing 500k a day and ramping it up to 1 m but when the Health minister stated that if you think you have symptoms go for a test with no appointment needed ,the  testing system couldn’t keep pace with demand . The result is that it is now taking between 5 and 7 days to get the results , which is anything but effective .

you wrote recently that the Aussie App had only traced a few people , is this still the case ? 

I believe so. It seemed like a good idea but has been completely ineffective. 

9 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

On indy SAGE yesterday they showed data that suggested only 10% of contacts comply with two week quarantine. 

2 hours ago, Shropshire_killie said:

They and their govt must have confidence they can manage it. Fair does. If only......Hopefully the grouse shooters are having fun. 

The UK test and trace system was unable to get 50,000 people to self isolate last week, ‘cos the data on the file was too large to upload to the centralised test and trace computer system, which is probably based on an upgraded 486 from 1993. They don’t have the capability to track folk going to Tescos, never mind 11,000 folk in a single location.  If something went covid wrong at a large event, it would be instant meltdown of the UK test and trace system.

Test and Trace functioning correctly is gonna be a prerequisite for getting folk back at games and it’s a leaky sieve at present.

8 minutes ago, RAG said:

The UK test and trace system was unable to get 50,000 people to self isolate last week, ‘cos the data on the file was too large to upload to the centralised test and trace computer system, which is probably based on an upgraded 486 from 1993. They don’t have the capability to track folk going to Tescos, never mind 11,000 folk in a single location.  If something went covid wrong at a large event, it would be instant meltdown of the UK test and trace system.

Test and Trace functioning correctly is gonna be a prerequisite for getting folk back at games and it’s a leaky sieve at present.

Not aware there was a UK track and Trace system, just one for Sxotland and then for England.  The other two parts of the UK are also using their own aren't they?

15 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Not aware there was a UK track and Trace system, just one for Sxotland and then for England.  The other two parts of the UK are also using their own aren't they?

75% of covid tests are still processed at UK gov. centralised labs.  Who were then unable to upload a large spike in data to the tracing systems, which as you correctly point out is ‘spun off’ to the regions.

I believe the extra 50,000 missed isolation cases and 16,000 actual cases not uploaded (or informed of their covid status) were in N.W. England, so watch it balloon there in next week or so..

The pandemic situation across the UK is extremely dynamic and fast moving. Can you imagine the outcry against our ScotGov if there was an outbreak after a game? They would get absolutely slaughtered!

They ain't gonna leave it up to chance ...or chancers who think they're hard enough to take the risk for themselves, lol, there's no such thing!

The need for us all to follow the National guidance to minimize the risk of infection is immense. We all need to do everything we can to protect our families, friends and work colleagues.

Without proper tests, testing testing testing and Track & Trace, we've had it for crowds. And with the whole Killie team isolating, might not be long till we've had it with football all together! 

21 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Without proper tests, testing testing testing and Track & Trace, we've had it for crowds. And with the whole Killie team isolating, might not be long till we've had it with football all together! 

The problem is the race to get to 100,000 tests a day was achieved by using a centralised ‘lighhouse’ system of a few big labs for the country.

What they need is smaller labs in every health board and that will take time and cost more to administer, economies of scale etc etc.

Any technical error in the big labs,  like they had last week, becomes a bigger problem than the same technical fault in a smaller lab handling fewer cases.

Putting your eggs in one basket and all that!

Edited by RAG

Tennis player showing covid responsibility...

Alexander Zverev played Jannik Sinner with breathing problems and fever

Sixth seed ‘completely sick’ after Sinner’s 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 win

Covid-like symptoms were not reported to organisers

Alexander Zverev has revealed he competed while sick with breathing issues and fever during his 6-3, 6-3, 4-6, 6-3 defeat aginst Jannik Sinner of Italy in the Roland Garros fourth round.

The 23-year-old received on-court treatment by a tournament doctor and he was pictured coughing after his first discussion with the medic while trailing 1-4 in the first set. He later said he had a 38C fever on Saturday night, a possible symptom of Covid-19.

“What can I say? I’m completely sick,” he said in his post-match press conference. “I can’t really breathe, as you can hear by my voice. I had fever, you know, as well. Yeah, I’m not in the best physical state, I would say. I think that had a little bit of an effect on the match today.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/oct/04/jannik-sinner-beats-alexander-zverev-to-reach-french-open-quarter-finals

It doesn't really matter what protocols they put in place if individuals don't behave more responsibly.