Broadfoot pre Gers

Killieboykfc

Maybe I’m being harsh but I’m quite disappointed by his attitude here. Seems at though he thinks we are beaten before we have even kicked a ball. 

Kilmarnock centre-back Kirk Broadfootreckons facing Rangers at an empty Ibrox will make winning even more difficult than normal. 

The Ibrox support is well known for firing the team up in big games but can get frustrated if they don't start matches brightly.

And Broadfoot reckons being freed from the shackles of the Ibrox boo-boys will be a huge boost for Rangers - and spell bad news for his Kilmarnock side. 

Some feel the lack of fans will help smaller teams at the likes of Ibrox and Celtic Park, but having 50,000 empty seats has made little difference to Steven Gerrard's team so far this campaign, with the Light Blues racking up successive 3-0 wins over St Mirren and St Johnstone. 

Gers return to Glasgow on Saturday as they host Broadfoot's Killie and the Ayrshire side will be looking to frustrate the Light Blues in the same way Livingston managed last weekend at the Tony Macaroni Arena as a goalless draw ended their 100 per cent record.

But the former Rangers defender knows from experience that while the Ibrox crowd can spur their team to new heights, they also have the tendency to cause weaker characters to shrink when things are not going so well. 

Killie have played on those groans to deny the hosts victory four times from their last six trips to Ibrox but freed from that burden by the coronavirus lockdown, Broadfoot fears Gers will prove too strong in their empty stadium.

He said: "I'm not sure Sunday's display gives us too much hope considering the way they've played at Ibrox this season.

"They've been really decent but it's always tough at Ibrox. Rangers are a very good side who can take four or five off anyone on their day.

"We'll try to make it difficult for them but whether it works or not, we'll have to see.

"We'll aim to frustrate them but I think having no crowd will actually help Rangers if I'm honest.

"I know from experience how the fans at Ibrox can turn on you if you are not one-up by the first half hour.

"The Rangers support are a demanding crowd. It's like that for both sides of the Old Firm.

"To be frank, you have to have a set of balls. You can't shy away or worry about mistakes. You have to have that willpower to keep pushing on.

"When I was at Rangers, we eventually broke teams down and got the three points.

"So far this season, with no fans there to give them that big groan when things don't go well, then I think they've been very good in the two home games I've seen. Right now they can hurt anyone.

"Rangers will want a reaction after last week but hopefully we can frustrate them like Livi."

Alex Dyer's team have taken just two points from their opening four games after being beset by a raft of individuals errors.

Ross Millen and Stuart Findlay were the fall guys against St Johnstone last week, with Millen's red card sparking a late collapse capped off when Findlay gifted Michael O'Halloran the winner.

But Broadfoot says his side are not far away from finding a winning formula.

He said: "We're not playing too badly. It would be different if we were playing rubbish.

"But we're not. It's individual mistakes that are killing us right now. If we cut them out, we'll be OK.

"It's a tough one to take for Ross as he was sent off at a point when he was playing well. He's now going to miss a couple of games but these things happen.

"Stuart has made a mistake too but we all do. I've made plenty my whole career.

"It's about how you react to them that matters. You have to learn from them and make sure it doesn't happen again."

Edited by Killieboykfc

Usual pre game press interviews......bet each question was loaded but in any case not really that big a deal ...what is said in dressing room and the performance on the pitch is far more important IMO

We can question his current form and if he should still be playing for us....., but from past games no one can question Broadfoot’s passion or commitment when playing against “them”......it was good to witness in many of the games under SC especially how he enjoyed winding the opposition up both their fans and players during these games...

2 hours ago, Scouser2 said:

Usual pre game press interviews......bet each question was loaded but in any case not really that big a deal ...what is said in dressing room and the performance on the pitch is far more important IMO

We can question his current form and if he should still be playing for us....., but from past games no one can question Broadfoot’s passion or commitment when playing against “them”......it was good to witness in many of the games under SC especially how he enjoyed winding the opposition up both their fans and players during these games...

perfectly put. Who cares what is said in interviews. Folk just like to blame kirk cos they don't like him. Dyer said his goal is to avoid relegation mmmmmm. That mean we should all be delighted to finish 10??.? Think not.  

Broadfoot saying it will be harder to play at an empty ibrox, this is true it will

3 hours ago, Killieboykfc said:

He said: "We're not playing too badly. It would be different if we were playing rubbish.

"But we're not. It's individual mistakes that are killing us right now. If we cut them out, we'll be OK.

Almost exactly what Tish said word for word.

Hearing Broaders previous comments about teammates accepting lesser results I don't think we have to worry

16 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Since his return we haven't won a game that he's started in or kept a clean sheet in the league.

In fact we were 3 goals up on Hearts when he came on and we lost 2 goals , although Branescu played his part in that.

I saw no value in bringing him back and have seen nothing to change my opinion. 

Feck all wrong with Broadfoot today