Rangers Match Fred

C4mmy31

Tend to find that managers have a problem when they are in denial about what actually took place during a game. We didn't have much possession against Celtic but we competed, today we didn't compete. Once Sevco scored it didn't look like we had the players or the game plan to get anything from the game. Worrying lack of creativity in the side at present. 

18 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

I think I overestimated the impact of the pandemic to an extent at the time we confirmed Dyer. I thought a new manager in those circumstances would have been too logistically difficult and risky. 

Mellon would appear to disprove that. He would have been perfect for us. Not sure what finances are involved though. 

I wonder if Dyer might do a McCulloch role for us in putting together a good squad for someone better to take on...

TBH I don't think we even contemplated looking for another manager. As someone said it looks like BB had to convince Dyer to take the role against his first thoughts. That's not a good start. By all means convince someone like Steve Clarke to drop down several levels but I don't think Dyer had the belief and confidence that he could do it. As has been said before, his experience as a manager for a 54 year old is extremely limited and that has been shown by his inability to make tactical changes, his reluctance to use subs and the fact that his new signings are struggling to make an impact. I'm not sure he will leave us with that good a squad for someone else to take on. The only new signing who has really impressed so far is Tshibola and he knew all about him from before.
I think he has to win against Dundee United or he will go. It may actually be a blessing for him as it cant be enjoyable presiding over a record like that.

For the first 45 I thought we played well, we were frustrating rangers and reducing their chances the same way we were doing against Celtic. The main issue I had with how we were playing was unlike Celtic we were creating nothing upfront. If you create nothing upfront like Livingstone did last week against Rangers then you need to make sure that you don't allow them to get a goal. When we went one down we should have moved to try and set up the team to create chances instead for awhile we seemed to continue to defend a 1-0 loss which is madness to me. We really need to show some intent next week and break this losing mentality. 

Sometimes in football you need a bit of good fortune. Not really happening for Killie at the moment.

Dicker, Mackenzie, Power, Brophy, Eastwood, all been injured. Bachmann deal assuming it was on falling through. Millan red card, without which I have no doubt we would have beaten a poor St Johnstone team. 

Next 3 matches are huge now, must beat Utd, Hamilton and at least a point from Aberdeen to get things back on track. 

Also worrying no goals in 5 games from our forward line. Defence leaking goals.