Next manager (under construction)

Craigieboy

10 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

We canny just keep sacking everyone? 
Who can we realistically get who you know for a fact will improve us?

We are man united post Ferguson and they have got nowhere for years replacing manager. They’ve finally stuck with a club legend who they hope will bring back the glory days. (Obviously I don’t) But I totally agree it’s about time they gave someone time. Likewise us. 

Btw I was more than willing to give AA time and I think things would have turned out better than they are now had he been given the time. But that boat has long sailed.

The difference is Utd have shown signs of recovery under Ole (remember the incredible run at the start of his reign), 3 semi finals and a 3rd place finish. Dyer has had nearly a year, 2 transfer windows and we have won all of 3 games in the league and no clean sheets. None of these players are "Angelo's" men, this squad is ultimately his squad, he has bought, promoted or given new contracts to a large % of this squad. He has no excuse.

5 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

If he wants a 4-4-2 then why continually recruit CM's.

If we sign Mulumbu we will have 4 CM's who will all be amongst our top earners.

1st you have your captain, so desperate for his return you rushed him back from surgery, not to mention he seemed undroppable last season despite being suspect.

2nd you have your POY who is your engine in midfield

3rd you have probably your best performer in CM so far this season

4th you will have your most creative midfielder of the bunch

So what 2 do you suppose he will drop if he wants to go to 4-4-2?

I expect we will see us play 4-5-1 more often than not this season under Dyer, and if we continue to make silly errors and concede stupid goals then we're goosed.

Agree with what you say, the issue as well is our two main strikers can't play as lone strikers. We saw it last year with Brophy and we've seen it so far this season with Kabamba. Both work extremely hard with little support but can't score goals, both can hardly get any shots away with Brophy basically having to adopt a shoot from anywhere near the box approach. If we are going to stick with the 4-5-1 then we will have to consider trying to sell Brophy and Kabamba to fund getting a decent striker who can play the role of a lone striker.

6 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

We are man united post Ferguson and they have got nowhere for years replacing manager. They’ve finally stuck with a club legend who they hope will bring back the glory days. (Obviously I don’t) But I totally agree it’s about time they gave someone time. Likewise us. 

We have to stop making bad recruitment and termination decisions.

I wouldn't have appointed AA but, having done it, he had to be backed. Axing him because some senior players didn't like him was poor. 

AA flunked his three-match caretaker trial but was given until the end of the season and allowed to bring back Broadfoot, one of the ones who undermined AA. Balls to that. 

The period up until the season was curtailed wasn't great. A lot of credit for beating Rangers was gradually used up with foul-ups like the Aberdeen cup replay. 

AD was still appointed anyway without any apparent process being held. 

Every recruitment in every industry carries its risks, senior management more so. When you have the benefit of giving them an extended trial  you can't have any complaints if you ignore the results. 

Each time we have to terminate a manager, the money available to pay a replacement diminishes yet the need to pay top dollar probably increases. If BB has had his fingers burned, he needs to learn lessons fast.

Just now, Wee_Eck1979 said:

The difference is Utd have shown signs of recovery under Ole (remember the incredible run at the start of his reign), 3 semi finals and a 3rd place finish. Dyer has had nearly a year, 2 transfer windows and we have won all of 3 games in the league and no clean sheets. None of these players are "Angelo's" men, this squad is ultimately his squad, he has bought, promoted or given new contracts to a large % of this squad. He has no excuse.

I was more getting to the point that they’ve stuck by him when they could quite easily have not given him the contract and given the gig to someone more experienced. They’ve tried the big name manager and got nowhere in the past. Everyone at the club is behind ole and I’d say a big chunk of their fan base are behind him and want him to do well. Apposed to the posters on here who have negative posts about AD saved in their drafts ready to pounce whenever we don’t get a result. 

2 minutes ago, skygod said:

I wouldn't have appointed AA but, having done it, he had to be backed. Axing him because some senior players didn't like him was poor. 

AA flunked his three-match caretaker trial but was given until the end of the season and allowed to bring back Broadfoot, one of the ones who undermined AA. Balls to that. 

The period up until the season was curtailed wasn't great. A lot of credit for beating Rangers was gradually used up with foul-ups like the Aberdeen cup replay. 

Every recruitment in every industry carries its risks, senior management more so. When you have the benefit of giving them an extended trial  you can't have any complaints if you ignore the results. 

Each time we have to terminate a manager, the money available to pay a replacement diminishes yet the need to pay top dollar probably increases. If BB has had his fingers burned, he needs to learn lessons fast.

Totally agree with you. It all stems from terrible decisions from the top post SC.

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

Great post Skygod

1 hour ago, piffer said:

It’s not just five games though. This has been going on for months. We were told he was fire fighting last season it would be fine when he got his own squad. Now we are being told it’s because we got dealt a tough start. What’s the next excuse? 

We’re on the next excuse already. It’s called ‘but who would we get to replace him?’

Edited by historyman

27 minutes ago, skygod said:

Bang on the money. 

10 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

I was more getting to the point that they’ve stuck by him when they could quite easily have not given him the contract and given the gig to someone more experienced. They’ve tried the big name manager and got nowhere in the past. Everyone at the club is behind ole and I’d say a big chunk of their fan base are behind him and want him to do well. Apposed to the posters on here who have negative posts about AD saved in their drafts ready to pounce whenever we don’t get a result. 

Do you think Utd would have stuck with him if he hadn't had such a good start?

He was caretaker manager initially and won his first 8 games, Dyer lost all 3 of his caretaker matches but was still given the job.

Dyer has never put a run together that might suggest he could salvage this. This is now his squad and it's looking more and more like he doesn't know how to get a tune out of them so is trying to get as many of the old gang together in the hope that it works.

53 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

Btw I was more than willing to give AA time and I think things would have turned out better than they are now had he been given the time. But that boat has long sailed.

Who will improve us ? Tommy Wright, Gary Holt, AN Other? 
Dundee Utd found a manager who has got 2 wins from 4 games, a slightly better record than 3 from 17.
It’s amazing what you can find if you conduct a proper recruitment exercise. The only decent manager that this board have had was handed to them on a plate by the Killie Trust. 
And of course AA should have been given more time. His record was twice as good as Dyer’s but the boys didn’t like him. They like Alex though and they will play for him. Don’t know when but it’s coming. 
17 games, 3 wins, no clean sheets, losing 2 goals per game. Let’s give him some more time.....

14 minutes ago, historyman said:

Dundee Utd found a manager who has got 2 wins from 4 games, a slightly better record than 3 from 17.
It’s amazing what you can find if you conduct a proper recruitment exercise. The only decent manager that this board have had was handed to them on a plate by the Killie Trust. 
And of course AA should have been given more time. His record was twice as good as Dyer’s but the boys didn’t like him. They like Alex though and they will play for him. Don’t know when but it’s coming. 
17 games, 3 wins, no clean sheets, losing 2 goals per game. Let’s give him some more time.....

Can’t argue with that.

42 minutes ago, historyman said:

The truth

3 hours ago, mitch14 said:

My only sliver of hope is that, in fairness to him, I think he wants us 442 with Brophy beside Kabamba, and next weekend is the first non old firm game he can actually do that. 

But if that is the plan, it absolutely doesn't excuse not going with it and using Whitehall or even Pinnock who has played there, in games like County and St Johnstone. 

We definitely feel like a team falling between stools formation wise. 

Slightly concerned he feels he can't drop Tsh, Power or Dicker and is crowbarring around them, when he needs to make a decision. 

He did it againsr t R*ngers at home....look how that turned out. Guys out of his depth, I think he has been a fantastic servant and an unbelievable no2 but he is not our leader. He has to go, quick. It is McCulloch all over again, take the SSC times away from it. Guys had plenty time and anyone that says he hasnt is kidding themselves.

2 hours ago, historyman said:

nail on the head. Can't wait for the lads to start playing for him. AA must be laughing looking at us right now.

Fully agree with many comments on here. We don’t want to be known as the club that doesn’t give a chance, No knee jerk reaction after an old firm defeat, the fans should be patient, etc. 

Facts are that the stats don’t lie; he IS atrocious! He HAS only had one clean sheet in 22 games! The fans ARE understanding, but NOT mugs or blind!

We have all (quite rightly at times), made excuses for him, bad refereeing against Ross county, individual errors against Hibs & St. Johnstone, but his tactics yesterday are  more than questionable. Against Celtic, Kabamba battered and bullied the centrebacks; why was he benched yesterday? We all knew we’d be on the backfoot at Ibrox, so why no outball? Unless he was injured, that’s just rank bad management! If he does get sacked, forget all the excuse, he’ll be gone because he is a rotten manager. Harsh but true!

Edited by The Hunter
Spelling

10 hours ago, Guff92 said:

What you wanting to do? 

How about every single poster posts negative drivel day in day out. That will help matters eh? AD has a contract. Doesn’t matter if you like it or not. He’s the manager and there has been glimpses of the “style” that he wants to play. It’s no been anywhere near often for my liking and probably not yours either but moaning about it continuously isnae gonna help. 

Aren't you the guy that has a post history of about 90% where it's being negative towards Rory mckenzie

Edited by Killie lad

12 points from 54 available. 

No clean sheets this year. Conceding on average 2 goals per game, scoring less than one. 

Not won since February. 

Good lads honest bunch who work hard and will turn it round soon. No bother Alex you have said that 15 times already. Actions speak louder than words. Bring in Mulumbu if you want but imo that will only paper over the cracks. Dyer didn’t want to even apply for the job and it’s been embarrassing seeing us almost begging a guy who’s barely ever managed to be our boss. Had he not been linked to Steve Clarke we would have hounded him ages ago. Nice lovely big guy pish has to stop. We are a professional football club no a day care centre. Bowie isn’t proactive at all so he will undoubtedly have his head buried firmly in the sand with this. We should be making contact with contingencies now. 

Knocking the ball about and keeping possession doesn’t win you games. Especially when you throw in stupid errors at other end. Bar the first half hour of second half at County we have looked so void of any sort of creativity it is frightening. Players need a kick up the arse dyer was the man they apparently wanted and they have been in the most part pish under him. 

Hearts said last season that once they sorted themselves out they would turn it around. A much bigger club than us. It would take a miracle for dyer to turn this round now and not be fighting 9-12th. I think we need a bit of a dominant manager to come in and regiment them and get back to basics with an added bit of creativity in middle of park.