Next manager (under construction)

Craigieboy

47 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Mean this as a general comment rather than any defence of our board - but Motherwell really does go to show you how difficult it can be for clubs at our level. 

European football, good manager in Robinson in place, good systems behind the scenes, well run, scouting and signings looked... and it's all gone wrong. 

Credit to them for acting and seeming to make a good replacement quickly though. 

I thought Robinson resigned, and they tried to talk him out of it, allegedly.

Just now, Charlies PaPa said:

Would Graham Alexander really be what would be best for us.  4 clubs in 8 years and sacked at both Fleetwood and Salford after a good first season.   WE NEED STABILITY

Alex Dyer had no managerial experience and other clubs would have sacked him multiple times in the 12months he’s been Killie manager

26 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

Quite right, I forgot that. They were good and quick on the replacement though. 

totally agree with you, a very quick (and decent) replacement. Maybe be they always have a  "next manager" option in mind. Some clubs do that as part of normal business planning, and why wouldn't it not be a good idea I wonder.

Right now we need someone who will come in and drag out of the hole Dyer has put us in ... not a new age gaffer with a 10 year plan.

As for Coyle, his record in the 5-6 years prior to Ross County wasn't great ... could hardly be described as decent.

As much as he's not trendy, I think Yogi is a massive missed opportunity for us.

Great experience with our level and has an approach that a lot of Killie fans would like - even if the man himself is not their cup of tea; he plays youngsters, unearths obscure gems that do him a turn, and his teams play nice football with confidence....a poor man's Keegan if you will.

Tommy Wright is an obvious choice too in terms of achievements and experience in Scotland - but there's got to be a reason he's quoted for everything but getting nothing - he could end up being another mistake.

Tommy Wright is my preferred candidate, he's a manager who has been there and done it all, cup win, European football, top six finishes. 

He would bring stability to a club that is sadly lacking it, I could easily see it being an appointment that could last many years which would allow the board to work on the back end administration of the club which is where I believe they are the most comfortable.

I imagine where Wright is struggling to find a job is one where he retains the control he enjoyed for the majority of his time at St Johnstone, its no secret that the appointment of Kirsten Robertson irked him as it challenged his authority over football matters. This may present us a problem as well if he is not wanting to work with Fowler but we will need to wait and see.  

5 minutes ago, maxyboy said:

I don’t see Dyer going anywhere, and he’s no really done anything to warrant it imo, results not great but the right signs are there. Totally understand people who think otherwise right enough, tough decision 

Interested to know what right signs are you seeing? This seems to be the minority opinion amongst the support as most have turned on him even with two more positive results in the last week or so.

In contrast to your opinion I don’t see a manager who has really done anything to deserve the job. He got it based on his reputation working with someone else. He kept it after his initial caretaker spell without justification because of that reputation and him being a good guy. He was appointed on a permanent basis despite dragging us down the table. Since then he’s not done much to take us forward. The football is getting worse. We seem incapable of stringing a run of results together and we have no direction on the field 

With the warnings coming from the Scottish Government and the number of coronavirus cases in English football at the moment, it is imperative that we do not fall into that bottom position at any time this season as the league could be stopped very promptly.

A loss to Hamilton tomorrow would put us in a perilous position, and surely the Board would need to take action.

1 hour ago, maxyboy said:

I don’t see Dyer going anywhere, and he’s no really done anything to warrant it imo, results not great but the right signs are there. Totally understand people who think otherwise right enough, tough decision 

WOW !!!!

1 hour ago, maxyboy said:

Holy s**t man  I seriously hope you're on the wind up here. 

1 hour ago, piffer said:

Interested to know what right signs are you seeing? This seems to be the minority opinion amongst the support as most have turned on him even with two more positive results in the last week or so.

In contrast to your opinion I don’t see a manager who has really done anything to deserve the job. He got it based on his reputation working with someone else. He kept it after his initial caretaker spell without justification because of that reputation and him being a good guy. He was appointed on a permanent basis despite dragging us down the table. Since then he’s not done much to take us forward. The football is getting worse. We seem incapable of stringing a run of results together and we have no direction on the field 

Just thinking back to the games I’ve watched from the start of the season (I’ve watched almost all games on ppv or otherwise), we’ve been on the wrong end of some s**t decisions and drew when we should’ve won or lost when we deserved at least a draw. All very valid points was more me just saying I don’t think they’ll change the manager this season. 

22 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Holy s**t man  I seriously hope you're on the wind up here. 

I’m no sitting here saying the results are good enough or we’re dazzling on the park, because they’re not and we’re not. Was more me saying I don’t think we’re THAT bad that the board will be changing manager during the season. Frustrating 100% but what if they sack him and then can’t come to an agreement with the likes of Tommy Wright etc as everyone’s clamouring for him. Who’s to “save” us then Andy Millen? 

As I said tough decision when you think it all out and don’t just see results and go they’re pish he’s out 

2 hours ago, chubbs said:

Right now we need someone who will come in and drag out of the hole Dyer has put us in ... not a new age gaffer with a 10 year plan.

As for Coyle, his record in the 5-6 years prior to Ross County wasn't great ... could hardly be described as decent.

He talks a load of P**sh into the bargain.

12 minutes ago, maxyboy said:

I’m no sitting here saying the results are good enough or we’re dazzling on the park, because they’re not and we’re not. Was more me saying I don’t think we’re THAT bad that the board will be changing manager during the season. Frustrating 100% but what if they sack him and then can’t come to an agreement with the likes of Tommy Wright etc as everyone’s clamouring for him. Who’s to “save” us then Andy Millen? 

As I said tough decision when you think it all out and don’t just see results and go they’re pish he’s out 

The issue is the lack of any plan, any style or organisation.  The side is just staggering from game to game with no apparent idea on how we get what we need.  The buck for that stops with the manager.  Ad is a top.guy  BUT, he isnt a manager im afraid, or to be accurate he isnt the manager we need now.

3 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

The issue is the lack of any plan, any style or organisation.  The side is just staggering from game to game with no apparent idea on how we get what we need.  The buck for that stops with the manager.  Ad is a top.guy  BUT, he isnt a manager im afraid, or to be accurate he isnt the manager we need now.

Personally I just think the board are trying to get to the end of the season still being in the league and the end of the pandemic- and I don’t blame them. It’s frustrating but such is life 

Just now, maxyboy said:

Personally I just think the board are trying to get to the end of the season still being in the league and the end of the pandemic- and I don’t blame them. It’s frustrating but such is life 

I am of the same opinion  but thats a dangerous road to travel the way the team has been playing these past 10 matches.

2 hours ago, dasboag said:

As much as he's not trendy, I think Yogi is a massive missed opportunity for us.

Great experience with our level and has an approach that a lot of Killie fans would like - even if the man himself is not their cup of tea; he plays youngsters, unearths obscure gems that do him a turn, and his teams play nice football with confidence....a poor man's Keegan if you will.

Tommy Wright is an obvious choice too in terms of achievements and experience in Scotland - but there's got to be a reason he's quoted for everything but getting nothing - he could end up being another mistake.

I agree. 

I think Yogi himself is a bit of a balloon, but I could see him being another Mixu. 

He has a strong football philosophy and it could well work at a club like us.

That said, Tommy Wright seems like a Jim Jefferies type, and would probably be successful too. He doesn't seem too passionate about things, but neither did Clarke. He was well loved by the St Johnstone fans.

However, Alex is in the job right now and I'd be happy just to see us win.

Just now, Beaker71 said:

I am of the same opinion  but thats a dangerous road to travel the way the team has been playing these past 10 matches.

Agree with you there mate, think there’s also danger in sacking a manager now, what if you don’t get the “bounce”. Tough call glad it’s no me honestly