Next manager (under construction)

Craigieboy

3 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

You just going to keep saying that or do you want to try supporting him?

We are a club with a shoe string budget. Genuinely think people have very high and ridiculous expectations. 3 out of 5 of our games have been rangers, Celtic and hibs. 

We were better than hibs. 
We matched Celtic and had a great defensive performance that worked.

Today was a s**t show in the second half but we have seemed to have forgotten quickly how organised we were in the first half. 

St Johnstone at home we should have won, probably would of had it not been for the red card and two individual errors (can’t blame AD)

Ross county we were slow out the blocks. We ran the second half and we lost 2 points to a dubious hand ball.

This AD out patter is boring. Unless you know for a fact we can get a better manager then shut up and support him. He isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

This will click.

Hopefully you are right

Just now, historyman said:

I love the way that a game v Hibs is now categorised the same as a game vs the OF. If we can just ignore those red cards, individual errors and dubious handballs as well then we'll be fine. And what value is an organised first half if you get pumped in the second half and lose the game?

What is boring (and quite hard to comprehend) is the same excuses being wheeled out after every match to explain the fact that sadly we have a nice guy as a manager but he is in way over his head.

What you wanting to do? 

How about every single poster posts negative drivel day in day out. That will help matters eh? AD has a contract. Doesn’t matter if you like it or not. He’s the manager and there has been glimpses of the “style” that he wants to play. It’s no been anywhere near often for my liking and probably not yours either but moaning about it continuously isnae gonna help. 

Let’s just see what happens next week can we.

Every manager is a gamble including AD. But as I've said before "you get what you pay for" BB seen that in SC, he took a club,players,fans and brought everyone together. That is why the success came to our club. 

I sometimes think of those times as a dream, going to every game thinking we would win, it was brilliant. 

Can AD be that man, I hope so, but my head is saying no.

Is the club flush with money? No, but I would rather gamble on a bigger name than give someone untested the same gig.

Who can we get, I have no idea but if the time comes then put out the feelers and see who comes a calling, you never know.

29 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

We are a club with a shoe string budget. Genuinely think people have very high and ridiculous expectations. 3 out of 5 of our games have been rangers, Celtic and hibs. 

Today was a s**t show in the second half but we have seemed to have forgotten quickly how organised we were in the first half. 

St Johnstone at home we should have won, probably would of had it not been for the red card and two individual errors (can’t blame AD)

Ross county we were slow out the blocks. We ran the second half and we lost 2 points to a dubious hand ball.

This AD out patter is boring. Unless you know for a fact we can get a better manager then shut up and support him. He isn’t going anywhere any time soon.

This will click.

I’m sorry but that is just nonsense. You seem to forget that a game lasts for 90 minutes. There are ups and downs in every match but it is the manager’s job to maximise the points we get from game management over the whole game each time. It’s no use playing well for a half and conceding silly goals, then saying we were unlucky.

Nobody is saying a 2-0 loss at Ibrox should be a reason for any Killie manager getting the boot. People are looking at the whole period where Dyer has been in charge (last season and this). I get that people say he needs more time this season with the new players (even if I don’t necessarily agree). But blindly defending his record to date doesn’t make sense. It has been a dreadful start to the season.

7 minutes ago, KFC_Macca said:

I’m sorry but that is just nonsense. You seem to forget that a game lasts for 90 minutes. There are ups and downs in every match but it is the manager’s job to maximise the points we get from game management over the whole game each time. It’s no use playing well for a half and conceding silly goals, then saying we were unlucky.

Nobody is saying a 2-0 loss at Ibrox should be a reason for any Killie manager getting the boot. People are looking at the whole period where Dyer has been in charge (last season and this). I get that people say he needs more time this season with the new players (even if I don’t necessarily agree). But blindly defending his record to date doesn’t make sense. It has been a dreadful start to the season.

What do you suggest the club do? 

Not really defending him 100%.

All I’m saying is I’ve seen glimpses of what the team are trying to do but agree they need to do it more often over the 90 minute period. Everyone was singing his praises after the Celtic draw.

Hopefully our Board will continue to run our club with a business philosophy. Where results are the benchmark of success and more important than income.

i would be extremely surprised if we still have the same management team by Xmas. At the same time our board need to have a look at themselves as trustees of our club. Personally I think our signings are second rate based on an inexperienced Director of Football and so called legend who was assistant manager at a car crash of a club in the NE of England who have been in free fall for years.
Yes we are all experts. However for the first time in years I fear for our club as any sort of viable force on the park. We are struggling big style. Hopefully I’ll be proved wrong.

The Celtic game suited us, It played into the tactics that Dyer/players seem to like, But he has to wake up and have another option or tactic/formation when we are expecting to gain a result. We don't need three defensive/hard working/none creative Midfielders against Teams we should beat at Home.

I am starting to believe he is trying to keep one or two players happy. Instead he needs to make one or two wake up.

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

What do you suggest the club do? 

Not really defending him 100%.

All I’m saying is I’ve seen glimpses of what the team are trying to do but agree they need to do it more often over the 90 minute period. Everyone was singing his praises after the Celtic draw.

Definitely not do nothing and be satisfied that everything is running just fine.

There can be a range of options from an urgent review of manager’s position over next few games, or giving him extra support (if the board thought it could work and was affordable) through to sacking him now and appointing someone with a better track record. For the good of the club, the latter would be my preference.

Edited by KFC_Macca

51 minutes ago, Guff92 said:

What you wanting to do? 

How about every single poster posts negative drivel day in day out. That will help matters eh? AD has a contract. Doesn’t matter if you like it or not. He’s the manager and there has been glimpses of the “style” that he wants to play. It’s no been anywhere near often for my liking and probably not yours either but moaning about it continuously isnae gonna help. 

Let’s just see what happens next week can we.

What style are you seeing us trying to play? While I can’t deny the performances have been good at times I’m not seeing a set style or philosophy yet. With past managers I think it’s been obvious from the early stages but I’m still trying to work out what Dyer wants us to be. 

For f**k sake this thread is a disgrace Alex Dyer is our manager its been a poor start yes but surely as supporters we can back the man to turn it round,  we beat ourselves against RC and St Johnstone  and should have had another 5 points never mind the goalie f**k up at Hibs. i know we didn't get the points but come on cut the man some slack

If there has been no improvement in the next 3 or 4 games fair enough but get a f**king grip just now.

2 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

For f**k sake this thread is a disgrace Alex Dyer is our manager its been a poor start yes but surely as supporters we can back the man to turn it round,  we beat ourselves against RC and St Johnstone  and should have had another 5 points never mind the goalie f**k up at Hibs. i know we didn't get the points but come on cut the man some slack

If there has been no improvement in the next 3 or 4 games fair enough but get a f**king grip just now.

It’s not just five games though. This has been going on for months. We were told he was fire fighting last season it would be fine when he got his own squad. Now we are being told it’s because we got dealt a tough start. What’s the next excuse? 

Just now, piffer said:

It’s not just five games though. This has been going on for months. We were told he was fire fighting last season it would be fine when he got his own squad. Now we are being told it’s because we got dealt a tough start. What’s the next excuse? 

No excuses its been a poor start im as pissed off as you. Another weekend ruined, but do you really want him gone now ?

5 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

It’s not about today’s game or performance, it’s about the way we are playing as a whole. In general it’s negative and depressing. When you are relying on a middle aged 30 year old to spark life into your team, then frankly we have a problem. As I said previously I hope I’m wrong. However the current status is pretty dire. 

18 minutes ago, piffer said:

I’m still trying to work out what Dyer wants us to be. 

My only sliver of hope is that, in fairness to him, I think he wants us 442 with Brophy beside Kabamba, and next weekend is the first non old firm game he can actually do that. 

But if that is the plan, it absolutely doesn't excuse not going with it and using Whitehall or even Pinnock who has played there, in games like County and St Johnstone. 

We definitely feel like a team falling between stools formation wise. 

Slightly concerned he feels he can't drop Tsh, Power or Dicker and is crowbarring around them, when he needs to make a decision. 

6 minutes ago, Gaffer said:

No excuses its been a poor start im as pissed off as you. Another weekend ruined, but do you really want him gone now ?

I wanted him gone after the St Mirren game at New Year. If it was up to me he wouldn’t have returned after the break. What I saw from the rest of the games we played wasn’t enough to earn him the job IMO but I was willing to get behind him. While the performances have been at a better level this season I’m not seeing anything to suggest we are going to get the results.

I thinks it’s best to cut him loose now while any damage is repairable. People are comparing this to a McCulloch season. I’m seeing it more as a Locke season. Coupled with his popularity he’ll do just enough to buy him a bit more time here and there but when we finally do cut the chord we could be facing a desperate salvage job. 

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

This will click.

Symington sense prevails 

48 minutes ago, historyman said:

Sack him and bring in someone who will do a better job.

After all, they sacked someone who, statistically speaking, was twice as good.

We canny just keep sacking everyone? 
Who can we realistically get who you know for a fact will improve us?

We are man united post Ferguson and they have got nowhere for years replacing manager. They’ve finally stuck with a club legend who they hope will bring back the glory days. (Obviously I don’t) But I totally agree it’s about time they gave someone time. Likewise us. 

Btw I was more than willing to give AA time and I think things would have turned out better than they are now had he been given the time. But that boat has long sailed.

1 hour ago, Guff92 said:

This will click.

I'm with you, to a certain point. 

The next 5 games are pivotal. 

9 minutes ago, mitch14 said:

My only sliver of hope is that, in fairness to him, I think he wants us 442 with Brophy beside Kabamba, and next weekend is the first non old firm game he can actually do that. 

But if that is the plan, it absolutely doesn't excuse not going with it and using Whitehall or even Pinnock who has played there, in games like County and St Johnstone. 

We definitely feel like a team falling between stools formation wise. 

Slightly concerned he feels he can't drop Tsh, Power or Dicker and is crowbarring around them, when he needs to make a decision. 

If he wants a 4-4-2 then why continually recruit CM's.

If we sign Mulumbu we will have 4 CM's who will all be amongst our top earners.

1st you have your captain, so desperate for his return you rushed him back from surgery, not to mention he seemed undroppable last season despite being suspect.

2nd you have your POY who is your engine in midfield

3rd you have probably your best performer in CM so far this season

4th you will have your most creative midfielder of the bunch

So what 2 do you suppose he will drop if he wants to go to 4-4-2?

I expect we will see us play 4-5-1 more often than not this season under Dyer, and if we continue to make silly errors and concede stupid goals then we're goosed.