Next manager (under construction)

Craigieboy

His time was up long ago, he is tactically inept, his signings have been very poor and he is too intent on playing his pals every week. Beoadfoot and dicker arent up to it; yet play every week, we still need two keepers, we have absolutley 0 creativity which hasnt been addressed apart from signing some diddy who was playing college fitba lst year, pinnock looks rotten also and the 2 signings fans were excited about, mcgeown and haunstrup, he appears to have nae faith in either. Get him to f**k adap is record is abismal and signings even worse.

15 hours ago, Pompey Exile said:

While a bit premature my shortlist currently would be Lee Johnson, Tommy Wright and Gary Holt

Tommy Wright said when he left St J that it was part of the deal that he couldn't go to another Scottish club fro 6 months, think that will be about October time

25 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

I have absolutely no faith in him turning it around, although many said months ago it would pan out like this. Accepting this sort of mediocrity (thats being generous) is what will get us relegated. 

These excuses about individual mistakes, tough fixtures, bad referees are absolutely laughable. 

Starting with 1 up front and 3 defensive midfielders at home to St Johnstone is a shocking team selection, never mind parking the bus when up 1-0 then failing to do so successfully and losing 2-1. We should have come out and attacked them from the start and put the game to bed without having to rely on trying to hold the game at home to a team who had been murder so far. 

The same goes for Ross County. Up 2-1 and trying to hold the game by resorting to the style we played in the first half that had gotten us a goal down. 

Dyer was not directly at fault for the 'individual errors' but things could have been done very differently. 

I fail to see how with the worst record of a Kilmarnock manager ever, there are still some blinkered enough to think this will be turned around. Where are the signs this will happen? 

No other teams look great and with 5 getting into europe this season it is going to be a big opportunity missed, as it was under Locke etc.

Blind support of the manager doing a terrible job doesnt get results.

To be fair that’s not really accurate. They aren’t 3 defensive midfielders, only Dicker played in a defensive role. Tish was getting forward to support the striker constantly and scored so I don’t buy that it’s 3 defensive mids. 

We also did attack them quite a bit and could have been 3-0 up had it not been for amazing saves/the crossbar. 

I do agree that the results and performances aren’t good enough though and that we need to improve rapid. If we don’t beat United then I think Dyer’s position should be reconsidered. 

27 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

Starting with 1 up front and 3 defensive midfielders at home to St Johnstone is a shocking team selection, never mind parking the bus when up 1-0 then failing to do so successfully and losing 2-1. We should have come out and attacked them from the start and put the game to bed without having to rely on trying to hold the game at home to a team who had been murder so far. 

I thought it was a poor choice of XI when the team was announced. But the pattern of the game proved me wrong. The 3 in the midfield were doing fine, we created more than enough chances to win the game. Small margins between Broadfoot hitting the bar and Kabamba inexplicably stopping dead when through on goal because of the faintest tug on his jersey. 

There's also an argument to suggest that we never chose to park the bus but were forced into it because of Millen and St Johnstone turning the screw a bit. 

The game should have been put to bed, but that's on us for not taking so many decent chances. If we weren't creating them, then the blame would be directed at Dyer for the XI, but in truth they done ok in that respect. 

For those fans waiting for Dyer to turn this around I suppose they are the ones that have read Sir Alex Ferguson’s  and perhaps Neil Lennon’s biographies . These are the only 2 managers who I can recall have accomplished this feat in the recent past , but tbf they had previous experience of management . Dyer lacks this and the Kilmarnock job was too big for him . Hopefully he will recognise this soon and do the decent thing . 

13 minutes ago, Bbk said:

There you have it billy just go out and shake the big great manager tree ( if you can't find it just ask various posters on here where it is ) and bingo our managerial problem will be solved simples eh?

Strange post. Nobody is suggesting it’s simple for a club our size to go out and get a top manager but you clearly don’t get the recruitment process. When you are looking to fill a position you advertise, interview and select who you feel is the most suitable candidate for the job. This wasn’t done prior to AD being appointed for some reason.

Who knows the candidates that might have applied. As a result we are where we are now and barring a fairly dramatic change in fortunes we will have to down the route that should have been followed months ago. 

13 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

AD's record indeed has been very poor, but if we were to sack another manager so early in to a new season questions really need to be asked about the Board's ability to make important recruitment decisions. 

So your suggesting sticking with the current manager so the board don’t have to answer any difficult questions?
OK Billy/Phyllis/Cathy *delete as appropriate 

I'm not judging Dyer on last season due to the circumstances of his appointment and the apparent split within the changing room.

I'll judge him on this season, his results, performances and recruitment. So far the performances have been decent enough without the reward. I felt we deserved a point at Easter Road and 6 points from Ross County and Saints. However we can't keep on saying we were unlucky week on week and we need to start getting wins on the board.

The home games against Accies and United we should be getting six points, not two, not four. Six. Anything less and his job may well be on the line.

I still think he will turn things around but surviving in this league shouldn't be our goal. Competing for top six and possible European spots for me is the minimum requirement. 

Edited by Bullitt

34 minutes ago, Bbk said:

There you have it billy just go out and shake the big great manager tree ( if you can't find it just ask various posters on here where it is ) and bingo our managerial problem will be solved simples eh?

Typical small time pish from a section of our support. Just stick with a dreadful manager because little old Kilmarnock can't do any better. Gies peace.

18 minutes ago, Bonbon19 said:

Hopefully he will recognise this soon and do the decent thing . 

Looking at where we are without 3 points from the next game there will be nothing that can be said in his defense. And it will be difficult for BB to continue to support him. It ain't working and there is just no indication that that will change. 

15 minutes ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

So your suggesting sticking with the current manager so the board don’t have to answer any difficult questions?
OK Billy/Phyllis/Cathy *delete as appropriate 

Not at all, I think the decision to appoint him originally was wrong. But the board has to take responsibility for appointing to massive failures as managers, it questions their decision making in this area 

2 minutes ago, Trojan76 said:

Not at all, I think the decision to appoint him originally was wrong. But the board has to take responsibility for appointing to massive failures as managers, it questions their decision making in this area 

I agree with the decision to appoint AD was wrong as his tenure has been a failure. I wouldn't class the AA tenure as a failure, to me it was a long term project that had potential. Unfortunately the board crumbled to player pressure because they didn't like being told they had to work on their fitness in their own time.

9 minutes ago, Bullitt said:

I'm not judging Dyer on last season due to the circumstances of his appointment and the apparent split within the changing room.

I'll judge him on this season, his results, performances and recruitment. So far the performances have been decent enough without the reward. I felt we deserved a point at Easter Road and 6 points from Ross County and Saints. However we can't keep on saying we were unlucky week on week and we need to start getting wins on the board.

The home games against Accies and United we should be getting six points, not two, not four. Six. Anything less and his job may well be on the line.

I still think he will turn things around but surviving in this league shouldn't be our goal. Competing for top six and possible European spots for me is the minimum requirement. 

I would love it if we were regularly in the top six and looking to qualify for Europe particularly as there should now be 5 qualifying spots. However over the last 10 or so years we have been 11th as often as we have been top six. 

It is the Steve Clarke years that are out of the ordinary. No one could honestly say our current squad is anywhere near that team Bachman, O'Donnell, Taylor, Mulumbu, Stewart and Jones were all way better than the current players.

We have thrown away 5 points by being too negative. A couple of wins and confidence should come back but i think 7th or 8th is the best we can hope for with this squad.

So if we were Motherwell fans would we want to sack Robinson ?  Finished 3rd last season, their form has been dog meat since the turn of the year, and on the same points as us without playing Celtic or Sevco. They have arguably a better squad than us but for some reason they haven't been getting results. I don't know if AD can hack it as a manager but I would give him a bit longer than five games into the season. If we get to the international break without a win then the board should start looking for a replacement. The worrying part about that is that apart from Steve Clarke their appointments haven't exactly been successful. Has Tommy Wright any relations in Ayrshire ? 

Giving AD the next 6 league games would, probably, be the most sensible route to take ( transfer window shut, so squad finalised and played everybody once, so league position a fairer reflection of 'where we are')........ I feel certain that the board will afford him this but, if things continue as per, could it then be to late to save our season?