Next manager (under construction)

Craigieboy

3 minutes ago, ki11ie said:

Cannot believe dyer is not out yet. 

Are you surprised? The board have their eyes shut and fingers in their ears. Aside from Cathy’s update which is laughable when talking about current form we’ve heard nothing from the board for ages.

I want him out but I believe Dyer will have a job until we are adrift at the bottom of the table. 

2 hours ago, trenwick said:

unless the board get brave or dyer does the right thing then its only him that has to do the big job of organising the shamble into defending, scoring, creating & being disciplined on the pitch

Maybe Paul Clarke could recommend some one to Billy the last one did not do too badly?

2 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

The fact that there is a big job to be done, is exactly the reason none of these guys are right for it.

Its not delusions of grandeur  its not wanting another hopeless diddy of a manager in our dugout.

Can you give some suggestions? Guys like Steve Clarke don’t come along very often. 

1 hour ago, Galdunc11 said:

We don’t know if Holt is the long term man for the job but I always thought he came across well in aftermatch interviews. Would we approach him but for the Killie connection? Probably not but if we need a candidate that would probably say yes and be available immediately and would be prepared to do a Hughes and initially accept a six month contract, why not? Are we going do do much better in the current health crisis? 

I’ve always got the feeling that Holt would crawl over broken glass for the Killie job. 

20 minutes ago, ParkHotel said:

Ingrate.

And how is Cathy's update laughable? You won't get comment like that on what's happening from many of the other clubs in the top division. The other two are probably not saying much because they are too busy putting their hands in their pockets to keep YOUR f**king club alive. Probably embarrassed by the lack of support both financially and otherwise by the keyboard warrior brigade. Easy to sling mud when you're not on the front line. Easy to dictate what should happen when you are not paying for it.

The board are probably doing the best they can given the extenuating circumstances and finding a manager like Steve Clarke is not something that happens often, we waited 50 years for it and we are demanding more of the same when the world is in meltdown. They took a chance on Dyer and it looks like its not working, they now have to resolve that. It could be another 50 years before we find a Steve Clarke, just the same as 99% of other clubs that are not rolling in it.

We'll support you ever more, unless everything isn't happening exactly the way we want it, unless you guarantee a manager that will see us challenge at the top of the league, unless you sign more and better players, unless you take on the SPL and their cronies and win, unless..........

I don’t like the way Cathy talks about the first team football side. I always feel the politician in her comes out. Doesn’t want to upset anyone. Not asking her to slaughter players or manager but “not as successful as we hoped” is pish talk. That’s why I found it laughable. You can say that at the end of every game you don’t win 10-0.

I have the utmost respect for everything Billy, Phyllis and Cathy are doing to keep the club going. As @chubbssays though we heard from them a lot more during the good times. I want to hear more now than I did then. How are the club doing? Is there more that can be done by punters to help?

Through no fault of her own Cathy is still seen as divisive by a lot of support as is the trust. Sometimes we need to hear from the others as well. 

41 minutes ago, Beaker71 said:

Tommy Wright, done a great job at a smaller club on a smaller budget with a smaller squad.  Knows the league and the budgetary tricks to get tje best out of what we have.

Would be happy with Wright. If we don’t approach him to sound him out then we are missing an opportunity. 

40 minutes ago, chubbs said:

When things were going great under Clarke we heard from Bowie and Phylis a few times ... now they are nowhere to be seen.  Remember they are the ones who ignored the fairly obvious signs that Clarke was leaving.... they are the ones who dragged their heels looking for a replacement ... they are the ones who then sacked the manager after 5 months .... they are the ones who appointed his replacement despite him losing all 3 games whilst caretaker ... they are the ones who then gave him an extended contract for picking up 10 pts out of 36.

So yeah ... fingers in ears, heads in the sand sounds about right.

Bowie was very prominent in the media when we were flying high under Clarke and when we appointed Alessio but I can’t remember the last time I heard him. 
It was particularly disappointing when he had nothing to say about the forfeited game. I don’t particularly like him but Cormack at Aberdeen is always pushing his club’s agenda whenever he can. 

3 hours ago, Twonky65 said:

He did a great job with the youth teams back in the day brining through boydy, jacko, naisy, Gary McDonald, Canero, Fowler and a few others.

we could do worse...

I think Alan Robertson  also had a big hand in the progress of the players you named. And  don't forget L McCulloch brought in some good players but couldn't manage the team.  Just because you can spot potential in a player it doesn't mean U can manage. 

Supporters are putting money into the club via season tickets, Killie TV, TiK, Killie Care Fund Lottery, shirt sponsorship, merchandise and the Killie Club when available.

We would all like to do more but times are hard and getting harder.

I said recently I’d like to see the club seek new investment. The board might like the set-up the way it is but, as custodians of the club, they have to consider what is in its best interests and not just what suits them. 

Edited by skygod

9 minutes ago, Cill Mheàrnaig said:

But we are paying for it. Paying for it to the extent that any supporter can. Of course Bowie and the board are putting more money in than us, but that's sorta in their job description. Fans have bought season tickets with no hope of getting into a game; bought strips and retro tops by the bucketload; cleared the previous shop out of stock; went for lunch/drinks at the Killie Club etc etc etc

Some of us are, but not enough of us, there are far too many who are making demands that they have little or no right to. Constantly putting your hand in your pocket definitely not in the job description of a football club director, you're watching too much TV, if that was the case there would be very few board members in board room around the world. I accept your point about fans buying season tickets with no hope of getting into games, let's see how many demand to get in next year for free before we comment any further on that though. The Killie Club chose not to open back up when we went back down to Tier three because of the lack of numbers they had previously, the shops shelves have not been cleared of any items other than a few, making stuff up doesn't back up the point you are trying to make.

8 minutes ago, historyman said:

Bowie was very prominent in the media when we were flying high under Clarke and when we appointed Alessio but I can’t remember the last time I heard him. 
It was particularly disappointing when he had nothing to say about the forfeited game. I don’t particularly like him but Cormack at Aberdeen is always pushing his club’s agenda whenever he can. 

He wasn't.

Am I living in some sort of alternate universe here? He was in the news a couple of times when the media were looking for comments. When the club was doing great the media are all over us and that's why they wanted to talk to the majority shareholder because the viewed him as the de facto chairman. If they approached him now he'd probably go on the TV again. Face the fact that now Steve Clarke has gone and we're back among the eight other perennial strugglers, no one gives a s**t about us, they are not interested, hence no one getting seen on telly. That's how the press operate.

9 minutes ago, skygod said:

Supporters are putting money into the club via season tickets, Killie TV, TiK, Killie Care Fund Lottery, shirt sponsorship, merchandise and the Killie Club when available.

We would all like to do more but times are hard and getting harder.

I said recently I’d like to see the club seek new investment. The board might like the set-up the way it is but, as custodians of the club, they have to consider what is in its best interests and not just what suits them.

Not in the numbers they should be though. I heartily agree with what you say.

Now away to sulk. ?

Edited by ParkHotel