Pinnock

Guff92

Harsh to criticise him. Another who has been injured. He’s come into a side whose attacking philosophy is get the ball to Burke and hope he makes something happen.

His brief performances haven’t been great. I’d hope that can be put down to him adapting to a new league.

10 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

I agree with the post above. He is one of the tallest players in the squad and has absolutely 0 pace. His first touch is horrific as well so aye, he doesn’t look very good at all. 

This is it. Hes not only not fast, he is slow. Weve yet to see if he has talent with the ball at his feet. But at present he reminds me of alan morgan

The fact he has 0 pace alone makes his signing quite frustrating. Under Clarke we had pace in the squad and could break at speed. 

In this current squad I can’t think of a single player who I’d class as fast which means our counter attacks take forever. 

It was evident yesterday the few times we broke away that we could not get up the park quick enough. For all everyone thinks we need a creative mid and a centre back, I’d argue we need a winger with pace more than anything. 

20 minutes ago, Killieboykfc said:

The fact he has 0 pace alone makes his signing quite frustrating. Under Clarke we had pace in the squad and could break at speed. 

In this current squad I can’t think of a single player who I’d class as fast which means our counter attacks take forever. 

It was evident yesterday the few times we broke away that we could not get up the park quick enough. For all everyone thinks we need a creative mid and a centre back, I’d argue we need a winger with pace more than anything. 

Bang on the button .No outball when defending deep ,the team seriously lacks pace 

1 hour ago, Killieboykfc said:

Exactly, there were chances to break yesterday but no pace. Hasn't been addressed for 18 months now 

We used to have a left winger with pace. But one that wouldnt be missed when he moved on apparently. Liam millar a better player etc..........JJ remains the biggest miss from the scc team that was sweeping all before. There are others badly missed too but the current way we set up, we really need a ball carrier with pace that occupies defenders and creates space for others. 

1 hour ago, Thebigguy68 said:

We used to have a left winger with pace. But one that wouldnt be missed when he moved on apparently. Liam millar a better player etc..........JJ remains the biggest miss from the scc team that was sweeping all before. There are others badly missed too but the current way we set up, we really need a ball carrier with pace that occupies defenders and creates space for others. 

Correct .Just kicked in his direction and he either drew a foul or a throw in up the other end of the pitch .

1 hour ago, Killiepies said:

Correct .Just kicked in his direction and he either drew a foul or a throw in up the other end of the pitch .

Miss him big time. 
Obviously doesn’t compare to Stewart and Mulumbu ability wise but he was a huge part of our success before he left. 
Seen it a couple of times on Saturday where we blatantly missed someone that can just carry the ball till everyone else catches up.

Would have him back tomorrow, even though he is a rat.

3 hours ago, Wee_Eck1979 said:

I’m willing to give Pinnock time to settle in, it sometimes takes players time to settle into a new league.
What worries me is still the lack of pace in the squad, JJ has been gone over a year (was posted missing before this) and yet we haven’t identified anyone to inject a much needed burst of speed.

We had Millar until xmas. Once he went back to Liverpool we’ve really been lacking pace. 

38 minutes ago, Gaz of the 20/20 said:

There was too much expectation on Millar last season and he didn't live up to it.

To be fair he did set the standard in the few appearances he made under Clarke 

Always felt he never really recovered from that tackle at Hamilton that got Easton sent off.

Dirty bastard. 

Edited by stewarty66

10 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Always felt he never really recovered from that tackle at Hamilton that got Easton sent off.

Dirty bastard. 

Followed by a similar assault by Porteous of Hibs, both of them copying Gouldson from the previous season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool recalled him to get him back down safely, Porteous should have been charged with assault that day.

47 minutes ago, killie billies pal said:

Followed by a similar assault by Porteous of Hibs, both of them copying Gouldson from the previous season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Liverpool recalled him to get him back down safely, Porteous should have been charged with assault that day.

They recalled him cos he hated being here