Best Board Ever

Thebigguy68

As fans we talk mostly about out best 11 players or top managers but interested to get thoughts on the board members whom - either through money invested, or connections to generate sponsorship, or energy and charisma would make the “fantasy board”. There must have been great and loyal characters throughout our proud history. At the end of the day a great board can Inspire a town and energise the fan base but it needs to be balanced in its decisions, short and long term. Who are the greatest custodians of our club?

27 minutes ago, funky monkey said:

Boards come and go, it's the fans that keep clubs going. Bobby Fleeting would have to get a mention, despite his flaws he delivered his vision for the club, cemented in the top league, won the Scottish Cup and played in Europe. 

I don’t know if I’m misunderstanding but Fleeting had gone by the time we won the cup and played in Europe. 

But that was his vision laid out to skeptical if enthusiastic supporters during the takeover “battle”. 

He was sitting behind me as a paying punter at the cup final. 

11 hours ago, DrewWylie said:

the board consists of billy bowie and phylis mcleish , both have put millions into our club , so that’s who we should appreciate 

Don't think Phylis has quite put millions in, big man unless I've missed it.

She's put in a hefty six figure sum, much same as the Trust, hence why the Trust have a rep on the board.

2 hours ago, Bonbon19 said:

If you called for the most hated members that would elicit a larger response ;) 

In my time going (not lifetime as I was alive when the Lauchlans had the club but only a nipper), it would be MJ, Wyper & Jamie Moffat.

What a dream team. Would be tempted to add in Costley due to his fondness to spend money on stuff that almost killed the club.

36 minutes ago, skygod said:

I don’t know if I’m misunderstanding but Fleeting had gone by the time we won the cup and played in Europe. 

But that was his vision laid out to skeptical if enthusiastic supporters during the takeover “battle”. 

He was sitting behind me as a paying punter at the cup final. 

Think he means without that vision, we wouldn't have had the cup win or Europe.

Fleeting wasn't without his flaws either TBF.

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Think he means without that vision, we wouldn't have had the cup win or Europe.

Fleeting wasn't without his flaws either TBF.

I would agree. His vision helped lift everybody involved with the club but he had his flaws.

I am still not 100% clear about whether he actually paid his own money to get us all out of the pissing rain at Dundee that day.

We won the league cup under Mikey J and he stopped us going into administration. Always engaging he had a lot of time for the fans. A man of the people and always put the clubs and fans interest before his own. The time he spent at the club for little reward and without doubt the best toupee ever seen in the boardroom, Michael Johnston has to be considered our greater ever board. 

26 minutes ago, Mojike and Bod said:

We won the league cup under Mikey J and he stopped us going into administration. Always engaging he had a lot of time for the fans. A man of the people and always put the clubs and fans interest before his own. The time he spent at the club for little reward and without doubt the best toupee ever seen in the boardroom, Michael Johnston has to be considered our greater ever board. 

I had a great rapport with him.

1 hour ago, Squirrelhumper said:

In my time going (not lifetime as I was alive when the Lauchlans had the club but only a nipper), it would be MJ, Wyper & Jamie Moffat.

What a dream team. Would be tempted to add in Costley due to his fondness to spend money on stuff that almost killed the club.

We're the Lauchlans not part of the board that have us a league title and a Fairs cup semi final. I admit it did go down hill pretty quick from there on.

1 hour ago, Mojike and Bod said:

In fairness he was good at selling the club.

the car park, the bungalow spring to mind ......

Also made sure the club lost its biggest asset to erm himself and his new found pal at the time.

3 hours ago, Mojike and Bod said:

Cheers Michael, how's it going?