Best Board Ever

Thebigguy68

Bobby Fleeting was a huge enabler in the clubs recovery. Ambition and an ability to make things happen. Great qualities. Charisma and being able galvanise us all behind the mission. Realising that’s its entertainment and folks need to inspired and excited into payIng their Hard earned money and not sit back and expect fans to cough up out of some latent duty. Realising that it’s on field intimately that matters and invested in household names and game changers. Many of the hall marks of a great leader and chairman - most a scarcity with the current set up. He and we may have been a victim of uncontrolled ambition and that’s why you need balance on a board. But without him I can only imagine where we’d be now. Thanks for the ride Bobby!

13 minutes ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Bobby Fleeting was a huge enabler in the clubs recovery. Ambition and an ability to make things happen. Great qualities. Charisma and being able galvanise us all behind the mission. Realising that’s its entertainment and folks need to inspired and excited into payIng their Hard earned money and not sit back and expect fans to cough up out of some latent duty. Realising that it’s on field intimately that matters and invested in household names and game changers. Many of the hall marks of a great leader and chairman - most a scarcity with the current set up. He and we may have been a victim of uncontrolled ambition and that’s why you need balance on a board. But without him I can only imagine where we’d be now. Thanks for the ride Bobby!

totally agree, he sparked us back into life when we were at our lowest ebb.

6 minutes ago, Bbk said:

Just think if we had backed Bobby Fleetings proposal to leave rugby park before deciding to redevelop  it kfc could have been in a smaller stadium today in queens drive !

Was part of that deal that he wanted land for free to build houses?

If I remember correctly the plans for the stadium and surrounding facilities looked fantastic.

5 minutes ago, Lions13 said:

Was part of that deal that he wanted land for free to build houses?

If I remember correctly the plans for the stadium and surrounding facilities looked fantastic.

The plans were fantastic there was a railway station included and you would have been straight onto bypass meaning no away fans in the town centre . I used to live near Scott Ellis and had planned to open a stall selling pies and programmes 

5 minutes ago, skygod said:

I think Scott Ellis wasn’t an option because of planning permission being refused over lack of public access to the amenities. 

Could be wrong though. 

Did Strathclyde regional council not knock it back because they would have had to build a slip road on &off the 77 . Or some other logistical problem .?

Bobby Fleeting, Jim Moffat, Ronnie Hamilton and Laurel Chadwick still my dream board. As said, came in when the club was at its lowest ebb in the 2nd Division, brought in Tommy Burns, promised (and delivered on a new stadium, Cup win, and European football)-all in the space of 7 years. Arguably the last time that there was a real feel good factor around the whole club,(until SC's 2 years),  which you feel throughout the town as well. 

The board members played such a significant role in it all....It is still my favorite period...even more so than the Clarke years....the return to the Premier League, taking huge away supports around the country, having such a long list of supporters buses running, the connection between players and fans (and board), the recognition which the town received as a result of the revival.

9 hours ago, Thebigguy68 said:

Correct

Maybe just my age at the time, but when Bobby Fleeting was Chairman everyone felt they were an integral part of the club. Maybe he was more showman than businessman but there were plenty who followed him who proved to be neither.

He turned the club's around, gave us Tommy Burns and many of my best days as a Killie fan. The night in Grand Hall when he told us we would be a top tier team with an all seater stadium, European football and national trophies even his biggest supporters thought he'd lost the plot.

We've seen all that and more, maybe he wasn't there to see it all but none of it would have happened without Bobby Fleeting, Mr Moffat , that board and the amazing management and staff they brought in.

Edited by Killiekranky

7 hours ago, Killiekranky said:

Maybe just my age at the time, but when Bobby Fleeting was Chairman everyone felt they were an integral part of the club. Maybe he was more showman than businessman but there were plenty who followed him who proved to be neither.

He turned the club's around, gave us Tommy Burns and many of my best days as a Killie fan. The night in Grand Hall when he told us we would be a top tier team with an all seater stadium, European football and national trophies even his biggest supporters thought he'd lost the plot.

We've seen all that and more, maybe he wasn't there to see it all but none of it would have happened without Bobby Fleeting, Mr Moffat , that board and the amazing management and staff they brought in.

100% when i was a kid reading Go Fame i dreamed about an open top victory bus through kilmarnock, visions of following killie in Europe the above board achieved this and i salute them all great times to be a killie fan