Scottish Daily briefings

Shropshire_killie

3 hours ago, Beaker71 said:

mate I'd leave it a few days and get tested again.  Make sure you're OK.

13 minutes ago, Fudger said:

Couple of callers on LBC the other night saying that they worked frontline in the NHS and had multiple covid tests with very varying results to the point they were convinced the tests weren’t entirely accurate. 

Hope you’re ok. 

Cheers guys. I’ll be honest, I don’t entirely trust the tests either, but they’re all we’ve got to go on. Anyway, tomorrow will be a day of catching up on paperwork and then an early finish Friday. Nothing to strenuous and no vulnerable patient contact. I’ll cope. 

16 minutes ago, Zorro said:

Cheers guys. I’ll be honest, I don’t entirely trust the tests either, but they’re all we’ve got to go on. Anyway, tomorrow will be a day of catching up on paperwork and then an early finish Friday. Nothing to strenuous and no vulnerable patient contact. I’ll cope. 

The issue is that all medical tests have false positives and false negatives and it takes time (months or years) to quantify how accurate any test actually is. As you say it's what weve got and we have to live with it.

Hope you are feeling better by tomorrow.

• 4 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Scooter said:

I'm sure everyone will be glad to hear our national broadcaster has announced a U-turn on Nicola Sturgeon's Daily Briefings and pledges they will be broadcast.

A small victory for those who like direct communication instead of a wee memo.

A massive victory for common sense over blatantly political interference from unionists as well.

On 8/26/2020 at 8:29 PM, Fudger said:

................ the tests weren’t entirely accurate. 

Every test can return false results the question is how often that happens per 1,000 tests.

Based on the anecdotal stuff I have been able to see and hear and the fact this is a very new illness I suspect the testing may not meet normal NHS rules on false results but proving that could be very difficult.