No Findlay for Scotland

k-man

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah, Findlay has let far too many howlers creep into his game.

Burke is approaching 37 and the midfield is very strong. Maybe if he was an out and out striker he'd have a shout.  

Personally Burkey probably wants 1 last call up.

From a Kilmarnock point of view. Keep him as far away from it as possible for 2 reasons.

1. Findlay and SOD have never really been the same since they were called up.

2. As you say, hes coming 37, picking up a stupid international injury could finish him 

11 hours ago, WWWWnnnnnn! said:

Shankland was out of our price range and Dykes flew under the radar (for most people!)

I’m not sure shankland was out of our price range. He got a rumoured 200k sign on fee and his salary would be equivalent to 2 top end salaries. This is maybe true.. There was however, interest in brophy at the time and we also sold GT. if we had sold brophy at that time we could have funded a purchase of shankland. It’s how you manage the selling and buying process. I’d rather have a smaller squad with a few key players earning more, supplemented by youth, than a large number of players most of whom are bang average. If we as a club accept that guys playing for championship clubs like shankland and Nesbit are out of our price range, it’s gonna be a steady decline. If these guys score loads of gaols for their clubs and move on, like dykes, for couple of million, I think they are well worth the salaries and the signing on fees. 

9 hours ago, Ngonge88 said:

1. Findlay and SOD have never really been the same since they were called up.

Both are excellent players and I think that any link between perceived performance and getting capped is wide of the mark. Perceptions of SODs performances are more about the fact that he didn’t sign a new contract. Supplemented by one poor game fir Scotland. He’ll bounce back. Big Fin has made a couple of high profile errors but nothing to do with Scotland - which can only boost confidence given decent performance and scoring. The main fact is they had been playing in a super confident killie team that wasn’t losing. They had quality like bachman, mulumbu, Jones and Stewart contributing highly. Lately they were part of a struggling killie team with no such quality to dig them out of a hole after the odd error. Killie are not the same team and big Fins form has dropped in line with this. He would be a great player in a better team. But in the meantime I’d expect him to be a big player for us.

I’d much rather Findlay spends the next fortnight on the training pitch here with his teammates ironing out the glaring mistakes they like sharing around to try and become a far better unit at defending, that sitting on the bench watching Scott McKenna be average in a Scotland shirt. 

The board also need to decide whether we can offer him a contract that’s good enough to entice him to extend, or cash in while the window’s still open.